Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"All bust team" thread...here me out, please
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 4,078

"All bust team" thread...here me out, please

Jul 24, 2017, 3:08 PM

Ill attempt to clear my name here, If you'll have it...

But good lawd, do we have a sensitive bunch today or what?

Maybe it's because the word "bust" has such negative connotations. And maybe because I included the unfortunate kids who happened to have their careers shortened because of injuries. But I think most everybody missed the angle I was trying to take...

Perhaps a better, more "PC" wording would have been "Dabo-era team of guys who didn't pan out for various reasons"

A thread posted earlier today got me thinking about a number of these guys who had very short careers here, and I was taking a look back at some of them.

Injuries are horrible, I wouldnt wish it on any player at any school. It isnt their fault that they werent able to continue playing, and that sucks. But that said, it's still a guy that got recruited, got a scholarship, and didn't play. It is what it is, no? Maybe it IS unfair to call that a "bust"....And FWIW, I even made a note on the bottom that several were due to injury

I was in no way trying to embarrass or call out ANY of these guys individually. That's not what Im about and I appreciate any kid who has ever worn a Clemson uniform. I just dont see the harm (and dont understand so much backlash) for taking a look back over the past 10 years and revisiting some of these guys. It's the middle of July, what else are we supposed to talk about??

So please, know that it was all for the sake of discussion and not by any means an attempt to call out or "throw shade" on some guys who didn't work out here...for whatever reason.

Some of you are wayyy too hostile...lighten up, Francii! ;)

Hope you see where I was coming from, and I hope I have cleared the air for anybody who might have formed a bad opinion of me. If not...well...I tried. Sorry.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're digging that hole even deeper now***

Jul 24, 2017, 3:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^knows quite a bit about holes and digging in them***

Jul 24, 2017, 3:24 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mission: accomplished

Jul 24, 2017, 3:49 PM [ in reply to You're digging that hole even deeper now*** ]

I'm just getting started

I don't see the point in criticizing players that were here

Jul 24, 2017, 9:07 PM

4,8,12...years ago, or players here now. Now, I get aggravated when they play bad, do stupid stuff and I am as guilty as anyone of complaining, but I try to hold back on the players themselves. If I have been guilty of that in the past, I intend not to do it again....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spud, I think you misinterpreted what I was getting at....

Jul 25, 2017, 2:54 PM

I don't think making a list of guys who didn't pan out can be considered "criticizing" them

Just reflecting on some players from the past. No harm in that, right? I wasn't bashing them, calling them losers or quitters, or being negative

Anyjuan who knows you

Jul 24, 2017, 3:14 PM

knows you're a good guy. Don't worry about how people perceive it. It's just a message board. It's all for fun, brother.

Disagree***

Jul 24, 2017, 3:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Well then you're the IPM

Jul 24, 2017, 3:34 PM

hth

Re: Disagree***

Jul 24, 2017, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Disagree*** ]

The staff put a lot of time into recruiting Jay & Destefano

Jul 24, 2017, 3:17 PM

after their injuries it seemed we were snake bitten at recruiting top notch OL.

Bust is unfair, but it's true. Part of being a good player is staying healthy.

Re: The staff put a lot of time into recruiting Jay & Destefano

Jul 24, 2017, 3:57 PM

That's exactly what I was getting at...

Staff invests 3-4 years into recruiting these kids and honors their scholarships even though they will never end up seeing the field.

It sucks, and I'm glad that Dabo and Co have the integrity to keep THEIR word and not cut these kids loose like other programs would.

But still, it's a bust!

Destephano wouldnt have panned out any way

Jul 24, 2017, 4:18 PM [ in reply to The staff put a lot of time into recruiting Jay & Destefano ]

Dude couldnt stay out of trouble.

Say what?

Jul 24, 2017, 4:40 PM

I think you are thinking of somebody else...perhaps Shaq Anthony or Isaiah Battle?

Patrick Destefano was a very high-character kid who has stuck around as a player-assistant

Message was edited by: CU2013®

Sun Tzu said "out of chaos comes order" right before he

Jul 24, 2017, 3:19 PM

attacked at The Battle of Chancellorsville.
Embrace your post and never apologize.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: Sun Tzu said "out of chaos comes order" right before he

Jul 24, 2017, 4:06 PM

I guess Sun Tzu was Robert E. Lee's second in command! lol

Bunch of sensitive snowflakes... oh the irony***

Jul 24, 2017, 3:28 PM

Re: Bunch of sensitive snowflakes... oh the irony***

Jul 24, 2017, 3:32 PM

I see what you did there

That being said, I can see where my original post could have been perceived as taking a shot at those kids....so my bad

;)

The only way to redeem yourself is to post a Clemson All-Bust team.

Jul 24, 2017, 3:47 PM

It will get you banned by Crump, but you'll be forgiven by the rest of us. ;)

null

Your GIF isn't loading either

Jul 24, 2017, 3:49 PM

Something with these threads or something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your GIF isn't loading either

Jul 24, 2017, 8:43 PM

THat GIF a bust?

Re: "All bust team" thread...here me out, please

Jul 24, 2017, 4:04 PM

It would have been must easier, time efficient, and proper to delete your original post that labeled the hard working kids who who at some time proudly wore our Paw on the field as "busts". My 2 cents-

Sorry I hurt your feelings

Jul 24, 2017, 4:12 PM

:(

Like I said, it was a poor choice of words on my part. I tried to backtrack and explain myself here, but maybe that wasn't good enough for you?

But seriously dood. I'm just a guy sitting behind a computer posting on a message board. No need to chastise me for pointing out some guys whose careers didn't pan out here. I didn't drag them through the mud or call them out.

I suggest you put me on "ignore" so I don't waste any more of your time

HTH, have a nice Monday!

Re: Sorry I hurt your feelings

Jul 24, 2017, 4:16 PM

Your poor judgement didn't hurt my feelings... LOL.

Well then maybe you should just ignore it and move on?

Jul 24, 2017, 4:26 PM

If not, maybe I can see if Crump® can make you an honorary TigerBoard deputy and have you work on putting all the folks who make posts in poor taste/judgement in their place?

I'm sure you would be kept pretty busy...there's no shortage of such posts around here, and that includes me from time to time (as you can see)

But seriously...are you one of those people that can't let anything go? I made a controversial post and realized my poor choice of words, so I tried to set the record straight and apologized for what I said. Yet you still feel the need to come back and antagonize me further? What are you trying to prove?

Jul 24, 2017, 4:19 PM

She gets my vote for all BUST team.

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Jul 24, 2017, 4:28 PM

I'd so Motorboat those!

LOL, +1

Jul 24, 2017, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: "All bust team" thread...here me out, please ]

bravo, for comic relief

That has to be the hottest Tigress I've ever

Jul 24, 2017, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: "All bust team" thread...here me out, please ]

Sente.

My ex was a bust....

Jul 24, 2017, 8:46 PM

Def did not live up to the hype.

I disagree...

Jul 24, 2017, 9:20 PM

:)

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2017, 9:19 PM

I'll play.
1. CU2013 5 star board recruit. Highly regarded but flamed out with All time bust post.

Jul 25, 2017, 11:49 AM

Alas, my best days are behind me

Replies: 32
| visibility 4,078
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic