Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't want Chad Morris at Ole Miss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,937

I don't want Chad Morris at Ole Miss

Jul 23, 2017, 10:09 AM

I think it would be bad for Clemson and bad for him.

That place will be a dumpster fire for years; it will be like SMU, but with even less opportunity to win. What are his chances of turning that ship around in 5 years or less, and positioning himself for another job? He would have been better off not being greedy and taking the Baylor job. Similar situation, but better resources and better opportunity to win. I like Chad, and wish him well, but...

...whatever success he has at Ole Miss and in the SEC will be at Clemson's expense. He will return to his old recruiting area, now with current Texas contacts in place, and he is still credited with Deshaun's accomplishments, even though he coached him for one season (that did not end with a CFP berth).

I would rather see him land in the B12 or PAC, but if he has to go to the SEC, I would rather him be in the East, making life difficult for Munchcramp.

Don't get me wrong, I am not scared of Chad Morris, but I just don't think this move will work out well for him, and it certainly will not be a positive for Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yea agreed he deserves better

Jul 23, 2017, 10:20 AM

hard getting into sec job pool but that place is setup for implosion

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Instead of taking the worst job in the SEC on a sinking ship

Jul 23, 2017, 10:25 AM

I think he would be better off being patient and finding a program on the rise...one that ISN'T foundering

Re: I don't want Chad Morris at Ole Miss

Jul 23, 2017, 10:50 AM

I 100% agree with this line of thinking. Have no hard feelings for him, but hate to see him jump on a sinking ship. But more important......he is a good recruiter and needs to keep his Texas ties out of the SEC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

I just don't see how it hurts Clemson.***

Jul 23, 2017, 10:54 AM

Doesn't necessarily hurt Clemson but doesn't help

Jul 23, 2017, 11:00 AM

I think we are much better off with him in Dallas than in Oxford

Re: Doesn't necessarily hurt Clemson but doesn't help

Jul 23, 2017, 12:37 PM

He would recruit Texas and the surrounding Miss area. Florida is open game at Ole Miss or Texas schools, as well. There might be a small difference in Georgia recruiting between the two.

Clemson's recruiters are better and forget recruiting to a

Jul 23, 2017, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Doesn't necessarily hurt Clemson but doesn't help ]

sinking ship .

Jul 23, 2017, 12:22 PM

My only negative on CCM is he is always looking at the next opportunity instead focusing on the opportunity he has been given. There is no reason for him not to stay at SMU until A&M or Texas or TCU opens up.

Jul 23, 2017, 12:47 PM

Yep, he is better off at SMU for now. They have plenty of money, he is at a point to where the team is his players and will be able to show what he can do moreso starting this season. It is not like SMU's schedule is murders row and better jobs/situations will begin to open up.

Neither does he.***

Jul 23, 2017, 12:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2017, 1:32 PM

uh he turned down the baylor job. chad knows what he is doing. if he goes to ole miss more power to him.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,937
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic