Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I smell a rat in the Hill & Salyer no shows...his name is Kirby
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 4,080

I smell a rat in the Hill & Salyer no shows...his name is Kirby

Jul 22, 2017, 2:04 PM

They are happy about the Clemson no shows on a UGA board. One poster says not to worry about them visiting other schools, "especially together".

What does that mean?

I smell some dirty recruiting in Athens. Dabo needs to make a stand against thUGA and Kirby.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly what does "a stand" against UGA

Jul 22, 2017, 2:14 PM

look like? Harshly worded letter? Meme?

It's a competitive business. If we don't get everyone we want it doesn't mean someone else did anything under handed.

We ain't gonna get them all.

Re: I smell a rat in the Hill & Salyer no shows...his name is Kirby

Jul 22, 2017, 2:17 PM

well if they fall for his promises when he has never done squat its their career. we are a proven program

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2017, 2:34 PM

"When he has never done squat" and "we are approve program". How quickly we forget.

Same things said about an unproven Dabo and kids choosing Clemson back in the day when Clemson went 6-7. Unfortunately I think Smart has UGA on a positive course as well.

My point: As others have said, its a competitve business. Its the reason Dabo extends offers to kids who have committed to other schools as well. Enjoy the recruiting battles, this will be the norm.

We will get our kids.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo won the Division his first year.

Jul 22, 2017, 2:40 PM

In 2011(what became the 2011 class) , that's what he was recruiting off of.

The same recruiting experts that said what happened with Ole MI$$ and Adams(Auburn)are the same ones saying it about UGA. Notice these same experts didn't make those claims when we lost recruits to FSU, Tennessee,Bama and Florida.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2017, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I smell a rat in the Hill & Salyer no shows...his name is Kirby ]

as head coach he has no track record. on the other hand Ga does. it just doesnt amount to much in recent years. gamble or go with a proven thing

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No use worrying about Dawg message boarders

Jul 22, 2017, 2:19 PM

Both of those guys will make an Official visit to Clemson .

UGAy will be just as irrelevant as usual...

Jul 22, 2017, 2:22 PM

continuing to be one of the programs who always manages to accomplish less with more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re:UGAy will be just as irrelevant as usual..UGa is too busy

Jul 22, 2017, 2:31 PM

ducking us and Bama to ever play big boy football. They are the most mouthy yet chicken stuff program I can recall in recent years. Their delusion is coot like and their team is only marginally better

Jul 22, 2017, 2:22 PM

relax, long time before signing day

Jul 22, 2017, 2:26 PM

We are dirty recruited against every day every year. And if some of these kids and their parents aren't smart enough to see through it, it's bc they love hearing and listening to fantasies, then they deserve everything that comes their way. All they have to do is talk to other parents and their kid to see what they are being told, and ask them selves if the same promises can be offered and kept to every kid that is being recruited, the answer is a definite h&ll no. There are good talented players at every program that coaches just can't afford to let them all have the same thing. It's a work your butt off for everything they get, and there are many times that working their butts off won't be good enough bc they are kids that can and will be better. I believe that Dabo and our coaches are in every case a 100% honest in what ever they say to parents and their kid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2017, 2:36 PM

^^^^ this ^^^^. Well said!!!

Well said.

Jul 22, 2017, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: I smell a rat in the Hill & Salyer no shows...his name is Kirby ]

And I will add that if they go to some of these schools and don't live up to expectations their scholarship will be cut and they will be sent packing without a degree. That doesn't happen at Clemson. Dabo will let you graduate if you're injured or do not live up to expectations. It's just the right thing to do. If parents and recruits can't see through the charades of some of these other programs then so be it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lutz.***

Jul 22, 2017, 2:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If indeed true, a house built like this...

Jul 22, 2017, 2:47 PM

will fall.

Players would be wise to consider the hugely important role that trust plays in what will be a comprehensive college career. If a staff is trustworthy and honest, then the expectation will be that your education, development, relationships, and coaching will be based on that. If the staff appears to be manipulative and compromising during the recruiting process, the assumption should be that the rest of the program will likely be subject to manipulative and compromising approaches as well.

It's possible that some players aren't the least bit bothered by that. I think others might be, so, hopefully they will go through the recruiting process with eyes wide open.

As for me, I choose Dabo's way. He's built Clemson based on his honest approach (which we have heard about from many different players), and a National Championship is proof enough that it works...not to mention the incredible player retention that we have.

Vandy....!

Jul 22, 2017, 3:51 PM

Vandy & Smokey

and Georgia Tech***

Jul 22, 2017, 4:14 PM

The rat wouldn't be Kirby, it would be the players that

Jul 22, 2017, 4:16 PM

no showed at the last minute after confirming they were coming. If that is truly the handwriting on the wall, then move on while there's time and get somebody else.

Why not go back and read why the players didn't make

Jul 22, 2017, 10:35 PM

the cookout before commenting. Dabo definitely doesn't need any help on recruiting!

Jul 22, 2017, 4:58 PM

What it means is that outside of a few select people around Salyer/Hill and Carman ( coaches ?) there isn't a single fan that has a clue .

I propose that Salyer and Hill have already silently committed to Clemson and wanted to throw the hounds off the scent . How about that ? My talk is just as much nonsense and guesswork as the Jawja fans talk .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 22, 2017, 5:38 PM

Hopefully you are the one driving the nail on the head!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2017, 5:14 PM

So you're saying they are going to UGA since they obviously listened?

Replies: 21
| visibility 4,080
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic