Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Picture of the former University Square office / mini-mall
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Picture of the former University Square office / mini-mall

Jul 20, 2017, 2:46 AM

I recalled there use to be an office / shopping center across from Fike field on Old Greenville Highway. The Clemson U parking office was located here in 1996. I couldn't remember the name but after some research I found it was called University Square. I was starting to think it had never existed.

Anyway, I happened to come across this picture of University Square in the Clemson student newspaper and I thought I would share. http://tigerprints.clemson.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2928&context=tiger_newspaper

The roof collapsed on part of in 1997.

I guess the exact location of this office building is where the Tiger Park condos and tailgating park are located now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Picture of the former University Square office / mini-mall

Jul 20, 2017, 7:02 AM

Isn't that where you went to get / renew student parking passes?
Back in the day.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jul 20, 2017, 7:22 AM

yep .... Went over to fix computer issues a lot. Poorly construction period. I believe taking out a support wall did it in. The mainframe article below it. I did not know that mainframe mail was called UCLA mail. I do remember Eudora mail. Much easier. Just about time for personal computers. I install the first pc lab about that time too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I miss Bash Rip Rocks....Sniff....

Jul 20, 2017, 6:37 AM

nfm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2017, 7:29 AM

It was immediately next to Hardee's. Is Hardee's even there anymore? I can't remember. It was a neat little shopping center with a courtyard. Strange place to put a parking office but I guess they were trying to keep it as close to campus as possible.

Jul 20, 2017, 9:24 AM

Nope.High price parking lot for football games named Tiger Park. University Square rebuilt after it collapsed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's where you used to go to pay off parking tickets

Jul 20, 2017, 9:08 AM

Had to visit there my share of times lol

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Roofs don't usually collapse from poor upkeep. Looks like

Jul 20, 2017, 9:12 AM

shoddy construction to me.

https://uncpressblog.com/2015/05/26/j-matthew-gallman-on-the-civil-war-history-of-the-word-shoddy/

Taco Tico was there in the late '70s.

Jul 20, 2017, 9:20 AM

I think you could buy 3 tacos for $1.00, maybe more on Tuesdays.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic