Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Revisit on Ron Cherry
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Revisit on Ron Cherry

Jul 17, 2017, 8:38 AM

I was quite surprised to see how many so called Tiger were singing his praises. I have been watching Clemson football since 1955 and I have never seen a more biased official ever. He has single-handedly changed the momentum in more Clemson games than any official in the ACC! By this I mean you could always count him to scrutinize Clemson with a magnifying glass and he made a lot of calls that were not even close, while on the other hand he always looked with a blind eye at our opponent. Some of you said check the archives and you would see what a great official he was. I ask you to do that and prove me wrong. I hope his new position is not in the targeting booth! I for one am glad he is off the field!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Revisit on Ron Cherry

Jul 17, 2017, 8:51 AM

I agree. He was beyond horrible!!! adios

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since 1955 - so you remember Lou Bello. Really bad

Jul 17, 2017, 8:57 AM

if you remember a ref's name after 52 years.... and those were the days before the refs had a microphone to report results of penalties and few games were on TV. Bello is still worse than anyone we see today.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so you remember Lou Bello. Really bad- Pitt game

Jul 17, 2017, 9:14 AM

ref. everyone said he was a coot and used his name which I forget but awful

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heydt....***

Jul 17, 2017, 5:21 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duane Heydt

Jul 18, 2017, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Re: so you remember Lou Bello. Really bad- Pitt game ]

He was officially suspended from officiating Clemson games the remainder of 2016.

Duane Heydt gradauted from USC.
His daughter attends USC.
He is a realtor in Columbia who has sold properties to USC coaches, athletic staff, and administration.

The real kicker? Heydt also owns a consulting company called "Tegra Analytics". Tegra's largest client is the University of Pittsburg.

If that isnt the largest conflict of interest outside of blatantly bribing someone, I dont know what is.

I don't think he has any particular bias against Clemson....

Jul 17, 2017, 9:31 AM

All of the other schools in the ACC dislike him just as much as Clemson fans. He's just a terrible official.

The best officials are the ones you never notice and Ron Cherry definitely seem to enjoys his time in front of the camera; a little too much actually.

The bigger problem is the ACC does absolutely nothing to hold these clowns accountable for their blunders.

Bear in mind, this is the same league that allowed Chuck Amato's brother to work as a n official while Chuck was the head coach at NC State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I don't think he has any particular bias against Clemson....

Jul 17, 2017, 9:35 AM

All the more reason I am very concerned about the new rule giving the officials an ability to call a 15 harder against the coach for unsportsmanlike conduct! These clowns will have no "authority" to answer to! ACC football officiating is awful IMO!

Officiating in the ACC is horrible across the board...

Jul 17, 2017, 9:36 AM

in all sports and has been for decades.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2017, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't think he has any particular bias against Clemson.... ]

Refs have always had the ability to call a 15 yard penalty on coaches. The new rule just gives clearer guidelines on what is an unsportsman like conduct from the bench.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jul 17, 2017, 9:59 AM [ in reply to I don't think he has any particular bias against Clemson.... ]

You comment is worth plus 2!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2017, 9:33 AM

Only reason that Ron Cherry is so memorable is because of the color of his skin. Unfortunately, that is the truth! He has been one of the best refs in the conference for many years. Sure he has made some bad calls over the years, but so has every other ref. The reason his calls stands out the most is because he is easily identifiable with being the only head black ref in the league. There is a reason he has always been selected for championship games in the conference, BCS, and CFP. It's not because he is such a terrible ref as much of you claim. There is a reason Dabo invited him to officiate scrimmages and it wasn't to get in Ron's good graces considering he would only officiate a maximum of a few games a year for Clemson, if that! And most of the calls made was not by him but by his crew. Because he was the man on the microphone and signaling the calls, he is to blame. He was the best the ACC had to offer, but unfortunately some of you refuse to give the man credit!

^^^tigerqueen SCOK***

Jul 17, 2017, 9:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

What a complete load !!!!***

Jul 17, 2017, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Revisit on Ron Cherry ]

Jul 17, 2017, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Revisit on Ron Cherry ]

Really now!!! Always the same excuse!

Jul 17, 2017, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Revisit on Ron Cherry ]

That is one of the most very asinine comments I've heard on T-Net in awhile!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2017, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Revisit on Ron Cherry ]

I wondered how long it would take someone like you to crawl out of the woodwork and throw the race card!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree.***

Jul 17, 2017, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Revisit on Ron Cherry ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2017, 2:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Revisit on Ron Cherry ]

Listen, I am more of a bleeding heart liberal, snowflake, etc than probably anyone here, but folks don't hate Cherry because of the color of his skin, he was just a bad official. Where's your proof of this racial bias? Just because he is a person of color doesn't mean that people hate him because he is a person of color.

Jul 18, 2017, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Revisit on Ron Cherry ]

That's funny. In basketball we dislike Karl Hess, the white guy with a German name, the most even though there are numerous black officials. Maybe the racist one here is you. Ron Cherry is just a bad ref.

Jul 17, 2017, 9:57 AM

I feel about the same as you, I believe he, Cherry, alone changed a few out comes of our games over the years with ghost calls against our Tigers!!! I don't care what Cherry does in his future life as long as it doesn't ever affect or have anything to do with him ever calling another Clemson game in any sport. Yes I do believe Ron Cherry was/is a Clemson hater, and I also believe that he threw up when we won the 2016 National Championship, and he wished he had been a ref in that game....

Jul 17, 2017, 5:58 PM

"I have never seen a more biased official ever."

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give to you Dwayne Heydt. Try saying he wasn't biased.

Jul 17, 2017, 10:56 AM

My personal favorite ref was the guy, probably a former linebacker, that took down Steven Garcia with a forearm shive to the chin. October 2008 against LSU.

Jack Childress says hello.

Jul 17, 2017, 5:39 PM

(BTW, he is that darth hero, Mr. Phantom Holding)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

My "favorite" Cherry cheat was a "Bowden Bowl" home game

Jul 18, 2017, 9:12 AM

where FSU had been interfering with our receivers all game. Finally, another ref threw a flag for interference and then about 10 seconds later Cherry threw a flag on our receiver for holding to offset their penalty. I almost had a stroke that game from shouting so much.

Jul 18, 2017, 1:42 PM

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic