Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Swinney wants to move past last year's team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: Swinney wants to move past last year's team

Jul 13, 2017, 8:07 PM

WATCH: Swinney wants to move past last year's team

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Swinney wants to move past last year's team

Jul 13, 2017, 8:17 PM

Started off slow last year but finished the season strong. Last year's team probably had a bit of an attitude that they had already arrived after making the previous championship game.
Guessing that the skill players on offense this year might have a chip on their shoulder after hearing the media chirp constantly about the players we lost.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually think this will be Dabo's toughest coaching job.

Jul 14, 2017, 3:03 PM

Not because of talent, we have boatloads of that. He may have to overcome some of the "We just show up and we win, because of our talent" kind of mentality. I think that actually got the offense some in the early part of last year, hearing all off season about how they would be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Once the games actually started, it wasn't always that easy. I expect the same this year, since now everyone is saying the defense is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

You have to show up and play hard every week in College Football these days to win, lots of talent in even unexpected places. Anybody remember Troy? Or, Citadel, anyone? Hopefully we show up with a nasty attitude and play to our standard every game. It wood be awesome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe it wasn't that USuC failed to "show up" or play hard

Jul 14, 2017, 3:08 PM

against the Citadel.

Maybe the Citadel simply had more talent?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

and better coaching.***

Jul 14, 2017, 3:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic