Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Favorite Swinney Quote, this time only 1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Favorite Swinney Quote, this time only 1

Jun 28, 2017, 12:16 AM

Good post and feedback a few months back, gave top 5 option. If you had to narrow it down, what one quote from Dabo has stuck with you the most. Mine would be on Nov. 1, 2016 when HC said when we were going into the National Championship Phase in his press conference. He ended it with " We're built from the inside out, we're built in the trenches.

That's a coach that knows the importance of Big, versatile men on our Lines. Credit to Venables as well. As far as coaches' words, it reminds me of another quote. "It's the big men in the trenches that make all the difference in a game of inches."

What's your best Dabo quote?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, if there isn't a limit on how long the quote is,

Jun 28, 2017, 12:34 AM

I would choose the part of the White House speech, talking about the huge moments don't define us, but our daily decisions do. Life is living in between those big moments, doing those little things in a great way.

Obviously, I'm paraphrasing but you get the eye-dear.

I know you could chop it up into snazzy one liners, but I want the whole narrative to be properly conveyed. Those words have such an impact regardless the context, be it football or life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, if there isn't a limit on how long the quote is,

Jun 28, 2017, 12:48 AM

Well said, can't argue with any of that.

Re: Favorite Swinney Quote, this time only 1

Jun 28, 2017, 7:34 AM

It's extremely difficult for me to pick a favorite quote from Dabo. Here is what made me a believer in him. After we lost GT during the regular season in 2009 I remember him saying that they were a good team and that we would see them again. That proved to be true as we met them again in the ACCCG in which a phantom hold likely stole his first championship from him. The things he said and the way carried himself made me a believer even in the aftermath of 2010. This man has always seems to know exactly where his teams are at and project where his program is heading. Remember when he said in 2011 that that would be the last year that teams (obviously referring to mediocre and lower tier teams) would be able to get the tigers. After NC St it would be another what 5 years before an unranked team beat us again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"no"

Jun 28, 2017, 7:38 AM

https://twitter.com/ClemsonFB/status/819920704908890113/video/1

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: "no"

Jun 28, 2017, 12:45 PM

So many good ones, it's tough to pick just one. This answer or the rant in response to Spurrier would probably be tied for the top spot (for me).

Another good one is the story about him telling the BoT that he didn't want Clemson to be like any other school. He wanted to turn Clemson into the program that everyone else wanted to be. http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/91897/how-dabo-swinney-turned-clemson-into-a-model-program-by-not-being-alabama

Message was edited by: CU13®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2017, 5:54 PM [ in reply to "no" ]

You beat me to the punch. This is my all time favorite Dabo quote.

Jun 28, 2017, 6:52 PM [ in reply to "no" ]

This...!

Jun 28, 2017, 10:36 PM [ in reply to "no" ]

^^^co-sign

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2017, 7:55 AM

Does this count?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CwxxaFvYTXY

Jun 28, 2017, 8:34 AM

One of my personal favorites. It was all true and yet to say it publicly, at that time and as the face of the Clemson program, took a lot of audacity. There was absolutely no doubt about Dabo's love for Clemson after that.

Jun 28, 2017, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Favorite Swinney Quote, this time only 1 ]

I loved that rant. Scar fans are still whinnying about his statement today

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

"Let quit

Jun 28, 2017, 9:15 AM

quacking like a bunch of ducks, whining, and complaining."

http://footballscoop.com/archive-news/dabo-lets-quit-quacking-like-a-bunch-of-ducks-whining-and-complaining/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

“It’s so d@mn hot. Milk was a bad choice.”***

Jun 28, 2017, 9:49 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jun 28, 2017, 4:57 PM

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude."

""Print That - Tweet That""

Jun 28, 2017, 9:55 PM
Clemson.jpg(90.9 K)

CLEMSON IS !!!!!!! - ""The university of South Carolina"" and always will be !!!!!!!

Re: ""Print That - Tweet That""

Jun 28, 2017, 10:37 PM

"Y'all got to mix it up. The guy that called us a fraud? Ask Alabama if we're a fraud. Was the name Colin Cowherd? I don't know him, never met him. Ask Alabama if we're a fraud. Ask Ohio State if we're a fraud. Ask Oklahoma if we're a fraud.

The only fraud is that guy, because he didn't do his homework. I hope y'all print that."

Deshaun Watson didn't miss out on the Heisman, the Heisman missed out on him.

Jun 28, 2017, 10:39 PM

I know that's not word for word

Re: Deshaun Watson didn't miss out on the Heisman, the Heisman missed out on him.

Jun 28, 2017, 10:43 PM

Close enough

the only real handicap is a bad attitude***

Jun 28, 2017, 10:40 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jun 29, 2017, 12:08 AM

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"If you can dream it, you can achieve it."***

Jun 29, 2017, 9:59 AM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic