Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well fellas..Ole Spud is back from the Wando
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Well fellas..Ole Spud is back from the Wando

Jun 26, 2017, 7:53 PM

...not a great trip..but not too bad either..next time down will be early October....perfect topwater weather...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well fellas..Ole Spud is back from the Wando

Jun 26, 2017, 8:10 PM

My dad and I go fishing down there every summer. We catch redfish, trout, and the occasional flounder. We catch blue crabs, crack them in half, and fish them on the bottom with a 5/0 gamakatsu circle hook. Great memories on the Wando.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2017, 8:22 PM

Well Spud, you keep making these post around places like these that call my name, I might have to stowaway. How mad would you be?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll be back in October......stay in touch...***

Jun 26, 2017, 9:11 PM

Jun 26, 2017, 8:30 PM

They're always biting on dynamite ....how's your overhand ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

In all seriousness. Wednesday, I was about a mile north of

Jun 26, 2017, 9:33 PM

the 526 bridge and a 30 footer was running all out in front of two of the Navy, Coast Guard gun boats. I thought they were all running together in formation, and then I heard them yelling on the loudspeaker and the back two boats had blue lights flashing. One of the boats with the orange flotation devices around it pulled up broadside to the first boat, still yelling at him on the loud speaker.I could not understand what they were saying but I got the gist of it when I heard about 5 or 6 shots ring out. I am not kidding. They got him turned around and stopped but he kept maneuvering around in between them and about a minute or two later, about 20 more shots rang out. It sounded like at least three different calibers to me. They finally boarded him and then I left the area.

Have any of you ever heard of such a thing happening on the Wando. I have been fishing on it for 15 years and never saw anything like it......

Re: In all seriousness. Wednesday, I was about a mile north of

Jun 26, 2017, 9:44 PM

Spud it is very likely he came down the Cooper through the security zone at Bushy Park Naval Weapons Station ...the old Sub base that still has two trainer subs there .
If you are taking pics or they see you on your cell phone you will be stopped and questioned.
They boarded one of our tugs once when a deckhand was seen taking selfies with the subs as his background. They confiscate phones and cameras and you have to go to court to get them back .
My guess is he went south through Clouter creek and into the Wando where you saw the end of it .

The Navy and the USCG have zero chill at the sub base . Just ride through without looking around too much ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I am personally familiar with two of their seaman. I was

Jun 26, 2017, 9:57 PM

fishing a little rip just past one of the big signs that says the area is off limits. I thought I was good to go once I was past that sign. It is a great spot for spottails when the tide is up. Anyway, I had made about 10 casts when one of the gun boats rolled up on me. They were very professional and just asked me to move on. But, I have never seen them board another boat, or heard so many shots. I thought maybe it was a training deal or something. But, I don't think they would firing blanks and worrying other boaters for nothing. I mean,it was some serious shooting. And, like an idiot, I just sat there about 500 yards away watching.

fishin the wando my whole life

Jun 26, 2017, 11:15 AM

And with my dad when the base was still open back in the day, I've seen them "fire across the bow" on several boats... if the first shots don't work, they shoot more. Could of been training or a drunk yankee unaware of where he was

Re: fishin the wando my whole life

Jun 26, 2017, 10:08 PM

Wow , yeah ...I have never seen them shooting . That must have been for real .

DB23

And on top of all that, I am running aroung the point where

Jun 26, 2017, 10:41 PM

the Cooper and the Wando come together just north of the Cooper River bridge, and I see a huge CAT swimming in the river. I bet that sucker weighed 25lbs. He was tuckered out, so I scooped him up in my net and took him to the bank. I kept him out from my boat because I figured he was at least feral and maybe rabid. But, I felt sorry for him....did my best....

Re: And on top of all ting aroung the point where

Jun 26, 2017, 10:49 PM

Bobcat?

Re: And on top of all ting aroung the point where

Jun 26, 2017, 11:08 PM

I've seen some blacked out

Jun 26, 2017, 10:16 PM [ in reply to I am personally familiar with two of their seaman. I was ]

Wicked looking boats docked at the weapons station adjacent to the space and naval warfare(spawar) base before; anytime those types boats are in they heighten security on the river 10 fold. Won't let me get 1/2 mile close. There are some good sheepshead spots that'll I'll test the limits during a weekend tournament, but last several years I'm always run off quickly

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic