Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Describe our OLines season last year. My thoughts.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Describe our OLines season last year. My thoughts.

Jun 26, 2017, 6:45 AM

I remember a lot of folks on here talking about how our line wasn't doing well last year. There were games where I wasn't sure that they were giving our rbs room. However, we look at USC, Ohio State, and Alabama, and they are pretty darned dominant. Do you think we matched up better with certain teams, meshed better as the year went on, were never really that bad as people bitched about in the first place, or . . .? As the clip show of the bulldozing, we matched pretty darned well with the biggest nasties of them all (outside of Day to day grind of our own ridiculous dline). What do you think, and outlook this year? Our online should only be better right? Can't wait to watch these fellers truck auburns dline.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Describe our OLines season last year. My thoughts.

Jun 26, 2017, 6:52 AM

Seems like early last season the talk was about the staff substituting 2nd string guys too early. That the coaches were trying to build depth. There might have also been an injury that caused some shuffling of players. Anyhow if that was the case it worked down the stretch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

youre right it paid off huge. We had the personal issues too.

Jun 26, 2017, 6:59 AM

They played lights out until the playoffs. I can only imagine practicing daily vs our dline--we'll iron sharpens iron right?

Sorry in the playoffs not until***

Jun 26, 2017, 6:59 AM

Jun 26, 2017, 6:55 AM

Take this crap to the banter bored where it belongs. You're only going to confuse people.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2017, 6:58 AM

The OL, in my view, will be solid again this year. Addition by subtraction, if that makes sense. Guillermo was a solid snapper, but was never mistakened as a road grader. Falcinelli must improve his "snaps" to the QB as he struggled in the spring, but that will get better with more reps. There is solid depth behind the starters with Simpson, Anchrum, Morris, Cervenka, Dehond, Geisa, Bockhorst, Vinson. You have finesse OL's. You have huge, massive, road grading lines. I like to think Clemson has a little of both kinds. I see this position as a strength for years to come, especially if we can finally start drawing talents like Jackson and Salyer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. There is something about the oline that is intangible

Jun 26, 2017, 7:24 AM

Regarding how well they play together and leadership. As far as sheer athletic ability, size, strength, precollege coaching our outlook only looks brighter. And since I expect Dabo to continue to be the same regarding wanting those guys who fit at Clemson, I expect those intangible qualities to be there. Great time to be a Tiger for sure.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic