Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Vegas loves the Tigers' chances this season, except against Louisville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

New Story: Vegas loves the Tigers' chances this season, except against Louisville

Jun 24, 2017, 1:54 PM

Vegas loves the Tigers' chances this season, except against Louisville

College football analysts far and wide don’t like Clemson’s to repeat as ACC Champions this season, but Las Vegas likes the Tigers’ chances in all of their big games this season except for one – the early-season matchup at Louisville. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Vegas loves the Tigers' chances this season, except against Louisville

Jun 24, 2017, 1:59 PM

Listen. I don't like our chances. We have won the last three against them on the last play of the game. It's gonna be tough.

Re: New Story: Vegas loves the Tigers' chances this season, except against Louisville

Jun 24, 2017, 2:11 PM

This prediction should offer blog fodder. Differs in one important aspect with previous W-L Vegas prediction of a 9-3 regular season. Also suggest at on of the gambling houses we may be undefeated. Can't wait to get started.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really much different than a 9-3 projection

Jun 24, 2017, 2:29 PM

There are a couple of sites that have compiled date on win % in relation to the spread at kickoff.

Kent State - 40pt favorite = ~100%
Auburn - 7 pt favorite = ~70%
Louisville - 2 pt dog = ~47%
BC - no line
VT - 7 pt favorite = ~70%
Wake - no line
Cuse - no line
GT - 18 pt favorite = ~95%
State - 6.5 pt favorite = ~68%
FSU - 2 pt favorite = 53%
Citadel - 100% (don't need a line to know that)
USC - 10 pt favorite = ~77%

Add those up and you get 6.8 wins in 9 games with the BC, Wake, and Cuse games remaining. I'm just guessing here, but i would say Wake and BC are both similar to GT (all 3 are at home) so around 95% there. We should be around a 2 TD favorite on the road at Cuse so that works out to ~85%.

Basically comes out to 9.5 wins. And that's exactly what i would set our O/U at too.

Re: Not really much different than a 9-3 projection

Jun 24, 2017, 8:25 PM

Dont use math. It confuses the masses.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2017, 10:04 PM

And the so called experts.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2017, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Not really much different than a 9-3 projection ]

No. What TigersandCubs posted is spot on. Even though we are favored in ever game but one, that doesn't equate to an 11-1 record prediction. It may all be blog fodder, but there is nothing inconsistent here.

Jun 25, 2017, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Not really much different than a 9-3 projection ]

Especially Me!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2017, 2:22 PM

Louisville was lucky not to get blown out last year. If the refs would've have called all the offensive and defensive holding calls against the it would've have been real ugly. I fully expect our D to bury LJ at Papa Johns this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh the good old "if the refs had called all the holds" line.***

Jun 24, 2017, 2:30 PM

Re: Oh the good old "if the refs had called all the holds" line.***

Jun 24, 2017, 2:39 PM
image.jpg(40.9 K)

Ok

We got away with some holds also.***

Jun 24, 2017, 6:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We got away with some holds also.***

Jun 25, 2017, 10:06 AM

I need video evidence like cootsmackdown16 provided.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no way the ref could have seen that***

Jul 2, 2017, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh the good old "if the refs had called all the holds" line.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2017, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Vegas loves the Tigers' chances this season, except against Louisville ]

I'lll be one shocked Tiger fan if we don't lay it on them good this year! Even money bet the The Fraud never sees the end of the game.

Jun 24, 2017, 8:25 PM

Bookmarked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2017, 3:07 PM

I look forward to this season and look for our defense to wreak havoc on Louisville this season. It will be lower scoring by the cards and our offense will have planned an unexpected game plan this season. Tigers 28 cards 13.

The only game I see us being really close is the FSU game. Tigers 28 holes 24

ACC champion and #2 seed in the playoffs and eventual National Champions in Atlanta.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jun 24, 2017, 5:05 PM

Both offenses have lost a ton of talent. Which leaves it up to the defenses. Venables and company will figure it out. Action Jackson will find the going a bit tougher this year, IMO.

Jun 24, 2017, 6:14 PM

I won't change my tune: L'ville may be just a bit better than a .500 club this season. LJ is a fraud...beat only in that department by his head coach. The end is near for that program.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2017, 6:45 PM

I pretty much agree. I think our programs are heading in different directions. Like I said, I feel like they were lucky to be in the game against us last year but maybe that's just me. But who knows I could be wrong about them this year. The offseason is a good time for us fans speculate.

Any chance Bryant plays like L Jackson?

Jun 24, 2017, 6:21 PM

That would be cool. Who is faster? Who has a better arm?

I'm not sure it was faster but Jackson has the better arm***

Jun 25, 2017, 9:18 AM

Jul 2, 2017, 7:00 PM

One game at a time...Kent State should be our main focus...then we can go forward!!!! Go Tigers!!! Focus, study your player you're going to be responsible for, study the defense and offense of the opposing teams just like coach has coached you. Lets prove we belong in the talk that we have received. I believe you guys can do it but our team has to want it badly. Go Tigers!!!!

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic