Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This question is for Tiger Band fans:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,500

This question is for Tiger Band fans:

Jun 24, 2017, 1:16 PM

What is the tune the band sometimes plays when we are on defense? It is not Rage Defense. I am very familiar with that. The tune I'm talking about it seems like they play it a lot when the other team is on first down. I first noticed it while watching replays of the national championship game and thought it was such a cool sound. But I was thinking it was Bama's band playing it. I could never figure out if it was our band or Bama. At times I was sure it had to be Bama's because it seemed like we were playing another song like Eye of the Tiger, et.

But then when watching a replay of the NC State and Syracuse game, I heard the tune again. This time I was sure it was our band and not NC State's pep band, plus Syracuse didn't even bring a band. So now I'm pretty sure we were playing it in Tampa, but maybe Bama plays it also. So here are my questions.

1. What is the song that is played when we are on defense other than Rage Defense, it is also longer than the quick plays they do of abbreviated Orange Bowl March, etc?

2. What is the fight song that is not Tiger Rag that is played in pregame?

Both of these tunes are very cool sounding and I hope the band continues to play them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rage Defense.

Jun 24, 2017, 1:24 PM

Just kidding.

But 2. Tiger Rah is the old fight song they've resurrected and march into the paw shape.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Thanks for the answer to the second question. That is

Jun 24, 2017, 1:44 PM

definitely the song I heard just before the national championship. I googled it and that was it. It was very loud as Herbie and Fowler were introducing the game. And it ended by flowing into the Clem cadence. I like that one. Now, maybe someone will know the answer to the first.

Re: This question is for Tiger Band fans:

Jun 24, 2017, 3:57 PM

I wish they would play, "Clemson! All Hail To Thee" from the past. Great fight tune!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't help, i'm tone deaf...

Jun 25, 2017, 7:51 AM

....sorry 85!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

They have a rage defense "sequence"

Jun 25, 2017, 10:54 AM

But I don't have a recording of it. The sequence consists of:

Edgar Winter Group - Frankenstein
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65XSHM3jlAY

Battle Without Honor or Humanity - Tomayasu Hotei
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd1Jg_L6MNY

And of course, Rage Defense (That version is old. Go on YouTube settings and speed it up to 1.25).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1s-yYx2Ytg

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Thanks! I appreciate the reply. The band always does such an

Jun 25, 2017, 11:55 AM

awesome job.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,500
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic