Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gamecock fan waiting on Football National Championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 4,381

Gamecock fan waiting on Football National Championship

Jun 23, 2017, 9:57 PM

He was told Holtz was the man, then Spurrier, then..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have women's hoops. That's all they care about.***

Jun 23, 2017, 10:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: They have women's hoops. That's all they care about.***

Jun 23, 2017, 10:42 PM

That's what their mouth will say, but their hearts scream something totally different!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2017, 10:58 PM [ in reply to They have women's hoops. That's all they care about.*** ]

My dad asked me the question the other day " why do you think Clemson and SC are so far apart now"?
Obviously as Tiger fans we are celebrating a National Title Year, Clemson has been committed to Swinney and his vision. Therefore you have a National Championship. You can get into all the players, stats, stars, etc. However, where you put your stock at is where you see your return at. It's just the truth. We agreed that while once for 3-4 years in the Spurrier era, SC was a good rival on the field. However, Spurrier days are long gone, and I don't know what they were thinking with old Louie his days of winning had seemed to be gone for them.

Clemson Paw is flying high, while SC doesn't even see the mountain yet. They are still in the foothills with lower tiered schools while Bentley gains his confidence in to thinking he can play with Clemson. Bentley has moments of forgetfulness about how badly they were dis-mantled this year. Rubs me the wrong way to see a kid, with arrogance not even admitting that they were outplayed at every position. Instead of taking a moment to reflect and see what competition really looks like to try to get better or tip the hat, they stick their heads in the sand and just hope for better the next time we meet. Suits me fine.

Go Tigers

Message was edited by: ATech®

Jun 24, 2017, 3:06 PM

Absolutely, there are enough good things to say about Dabo and what he has done at Clemson to keep a conversation going for a long time without mentioning a player!!! Good post!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gamecock fan waiting on Football National Championship

Jun 23, 2017, 11:18 PM

That IS Holtz .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 24, 2017, 12:40 AM

LOL.

I remember watching one of Spurrier's last press conferences ( can't remember if he was shirtless ) and he was talking about his kicker comparing his kicks to an army drill. He said " My kicker is going left, right, left, right, I don't know". I remember watching that and laughing. That was the season when I knew that Spurrier had come to see that Clemson was on the rise, so he bailed. JMO.

We were climbing fast, and he knew it. He knew his team without Shaw wasn't going to be formidable anymore also to mention losing those players in Defense. That was the last time Gamecock football was relevant, man, it really has been since the Spurrier days.. wow

Jun 24, 2017, 6:09 AM

The talent gap is obvious. This point has been discussed, but, the coots talent level is rising somewhat due to Clemson not being able to take players that WANTED to be Tigers. Edwards, Williams, Joyner are all examples of Clemson outrecruiting them at their position.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2017, 3:10 PM

Look back6 or 7 years ago at Bama's recruiting, Clemson recruiting for the last 4 to 5 years is a twin to Bama's!!!!

Jun 25, 2017, 12:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Gamecock fan waiting on Football National Championship ]

Even the players falling to them because we are recruiting so well have to be developed and tested with good players to reach their potential but Boom has never been a coach who could develop players and them having competition to make them better in practice is almost a joke on all fronts.

The coots are many years from beginning to develop a program that competes in their conference with any of the teams with a pulse.

If I was a kid looking to play and be developed for possibly being a NFL player cootville is the last place I'd want to go period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jun 24, 2017, 3:39 PM

...then Urban Meyer (retirement stop off), Nick Saban (retirement stop off). It's all about getting the walk-off big banner.

Jun 24, 2017, 3:42 PM

Jax State is going to have a long, long wait. The coots are going to be waiting even longer.

Jun 24, 2017, 8:23 PM

I honestly can't envision the Coots even making the playoffs before Clemson has 'One for the Thumb'.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2017, 11:37 PM

Well said

Jun 25, 2017, 12:16 AM

In a perfect world it would take them a solid 5-10 years. In the less than perfect world that they live in....simply put....it ain't happening....ever.

Replies: 14
| visibility 4,381
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic