Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPY Awards
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,086

ESPY Awards

Jun 22, 2017, 1:43 PM

I went and did my duty this morning, voting for Clemson & Deshaun for every category where we/he was nominated, but the only one I really see him or us winning is the Best Male College athlete, though the Best Championship Performance might be an outside chance. I really don't see anybody beating Brady on that one, though.

If I didn't have a dog in the fight, I think the Miss St upset of UConn in women's basketball was a bigger upset. We may have a shot at Best Team, but with the Cubs and Patriots in there, that'll be a tough one (I did get a great belly laugh seeing the SC women's basketball team in there!).

What say you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree

Jun 22, 2017, 1:50 PM

The Bama machine was nothing compared the the UConn women's program. There have been a lot of great overall teams to win championships this past year, so it'll be a big accomplishment for whoever wins

Clemson

Re: ESPY Awards

Jun 22, 2017, 2:00 PM

I agree with you on most counts.
I think we'll win "Best Upset". Miss St has a chance (bigger upset imo as well), but I find it difficult to believe enough people care about woman's basketball to win against a college football team.

Should definitely win "Best Male College Athlete" as well.

My best guess for the others we're a finalist for:
Best team: Warriors
Best championship performance: Brady

I'm really surprised we're not a finalist for "Best Game"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2017, 2:08 PM

If we win Best Upset it's due to the Alabama mystique that the media creates. We knew it wouldn't be an "upset" since we'd almost pulled it off the year before. But to the media big shots and the people who drink their Kool-Aid, it was the "mighty Alabama machine from the all-powerful SEC against the little upstart farm school from South Carolina and the average-at-best ACC." That may be one time all the "Big Bad SEC" stories and opinions actually work in our favor!

Jun 22, 2017, 3:12 PM

I agree 100%. I'm glad it was viewed and built up the way it was because I was able to make a nice chunk of money due to the fact that Bama was favored by so much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So for the record, prior to seeing who wins, do

Jun 22, 2017, 2:13 PM

we care about an ESPN awards show or not? And will people actually watch it?

Because I seem to remember that when Bruce no-pennor Jenner won an award, lots of posters on here said they weren't going to watch it anymore and that ESPN had no credibility. So I'd like to know where this stands before I know whether to be happy, enraged or indifferent towards ESPN after the ESPYs. TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: So for the record, prior to seeing who wins, do

Jun 22, 2017, 2:18 PM

It's free publicity for the school, the team, and DW. That's all I really care about.

So you care and you'll watch?***

Jun 22, 2017, 2:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: So you care and you'll watch?***

Jun 22, 2017, 3:31 PM

Doubtful. But I'll check the results afterward. I have far better things to do.

It would be nice to see DW4 and/or Clemson get some more prime-time recognition, though.

Re: So for the record, prior to seeing who wins, do

Jun 22, 2017, 2:44 PM [ in reply to So for the record, prior to seeing who wins, do ]

Still won't watch

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,086
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic