Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Amari Rodgers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Amari Rodgers

Jun 22, 2017, 12:26 AM

I know that he has been highly touted as possibly being Scott 2.0, no dis-respect to Scott, he was clutch and left his mark. His punt returns will be missed. I haven't watched more than the you tube film on Rodgers, seems really fast and his " cut's away " from defenders is something he seems to do well. Again, I didn't keep up with his recruitment very well. Good hands from what I could see on videos. Has a good build for his position also. With that being said, with the loss of Scott, and Ray-Ray being that next guy up in that role that Scott had ( in most facets ) how many touches/carries do you think Rodgers will see this year?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amari Rodgers

Jun 22, 2017, 12:41 AM

If our starters play to their potential I don't know if he will see the field a ton this year. But if Ray Ray or whoever struggles at all, he could get some PT. He may be overlooked a little because of the Tee hype (justly deserved hype) but Amari will be a big time player for us. Love the way he high points the ball for a sub-six foot guy.. I mean he REALLY goes up and gets it

Jun 22, 2017, 12:46 AM

Yea, it's going to be a very competitive year in the WR group. Another good problem to have. He seems to be a more versatile player, maybe with some kickoff return opportunity to get him in the mix.

Jun 22, 2017, 1:14 AM

I think it will be a short learning curve for him. His dad is a coach so he'll probably have the fundamentals down pretty well.

Jun 22, 2017, 7:05 AM

Rodgers is ready to come in, compete, and get playing time. The WR group is strong, very strong. Cain, Renfrow, McCloud, Overton, Powell, Thompson, Chase, then add Higgins and Rodgers. This position is strong. His strong point is what he can do after the catch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The last play

Jun 22, 2017, 7:25 AM

Of the 2016 season featured Scott. A lot of fans missed the great block that he made to allow HR to be open for the historic play to end a historic season. Receivers who can block are worth their weight in gold..... especially this year if we relay on the run. Can Rogers block? We will see.

Re: The last play

Jun 22, 2017, 7:26 AM

Rely

Jun 22, 2017, 7:36 AM

This goes without saying. The coaches are great at teaching WRs to block. I'm pretty sure this has been relayed to every WR recruited to Clemson. Getting Rodgers is big. He is overshadowed by Higgins and the hype, but he will produce. He is a star in the making.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I liken Rodgers/Higgins to McCloud/Cain

Jun 22, 2017, 12:01 PM

Cain didn't get downplayed to McCloud like Rodgers is to Higgins, but to me, they are in similar positions from the perception aspect. but like Cain, I expect Rodgers to produce in every given oppportunity, with better hands than Cain...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2017, 3:06 PM [ in reply to The last play ]

I think you mean that Scott had a great "rub" on the Renfrow td.

Jun 22, 2017, 4:20 PM

Or rather Scott got tackled on renfrows TD......

Jun 22, 2017, 7:18 PM

Either way is fine by me. We just don't need to call it a block. Agreed?

it was a block by Tay on his guy

Jun 23, 2017, 1:15 PM

but Tay's guy was trying to take advantage of the contact rule by throwing Tay to the ground, BUT his decision to do that caused him to cross paths with his teammate, impeding his progress in his coverage on Renfrow and the rest is history... that play is no different from a pick and roll in basketball, the key is to recognize and make the switch, which Bama's DBs didn't do

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2017, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Amari Rodgers ]

He will be a huge factor this season.

Jun 22, 2017, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Amari Rodgers ]

Feel the same way thing he was over shadowed by Tee Higgins! I think Amari Rodgers will be beast for us just think he might be easied in bc of the amount talent we got at WR and it depends on QB and how well they throw. Lot of factors to make a reception guess at this point but we will see in fall camp. Though I think this will be Ray Ray's break out year and finally clicks all the way and the game slows down for him!

Jun 22, 2017, 11:04 PM

I will honestly admit, that since Ray-Ray dropped early catches I lost a little faith. Needless to say, that's why Scott came back in on PR. However, Dabo thinks really highly of him and I think the kid can play, not to mention fast. If he's shown to have more sticky on his gloves this year, then it might be tougher for Rodgers to get PT since he plays that versatile WR position. Either way, Rodgers is going to be outstanding for Clemson at some point in time. This group is so deep, Higgins will get some early playing time IMO because of sheer length and talent. Rodgers has to the talent and hops to match, but Higgins is more of mis-match. To be clear though, so can Hunter Renfrow be also. Just goes to show, all that WR talent stocked up.

GET REAL GUYS...#8 is "D'MAN"!!!!*******

Jun 22, 2017, 11:21 PM

Re: GET REAL GUYS...#8 is "D'MAN"!!!!*******

Jun 22, 2017, 11:24 PM

Hey, not going to argue with you on this. I've been saying this for a long time.

Re: GET REAL GUYS...#8 is "D'MAN"!!!!*******

Jun 23, 2017, 5:30 AM

Uhhhhhhhh.......Cain was not the subject of the thread, Rodgers was and his impending impact on Clemson football. We all know what Cain and Renfrow can do.

Rodgers reminds me of Steve Smith.*****

Jun 23, 2017, 2:25 PM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic