Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly Bryant > Jalen Hurts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Jun 20, 2017, 11:18 PM

IMO

JMO

Go Tigers!

???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly Bryant > Jalen Hurts

Jun 20, 2017, 11:24 PM

If it turns out to be true, we're sitting pretty.

If Bryant just comes out, is effective, moves the team, and kills it, we'll see the guys behind him some, I'm sure, but we won't have to lean on either of the freshmen.

That would be the Best Case Scenario, IMHO, because it means he just takes the reins and never looks back. Gives Zerrick Cooper/Hunter Johnson time to get their feet under them.

Here's hoping.

Jun 21, 2017, 7:00 AM

Fall practice will be crucial for all the qbs.

i love emojis and girl talk***

Jun 21, 2017, 9:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

well..JHurt

Jun 20, 2017, 11:25 PM

Didn't hurt himself so much since he was winning the Natty uP til 1 second!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hurts didn't have a Defense as good as ours to back him up.***

Jun 20, 2017, 11:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Hurts didn't have a Defense as good as ours to back him up.***

Jun 21, 2017, 3:48 AM

Um what? Bama d consider one of bama best. No cut to our d but the bama d was awesome last year. Could turn out that way but if anything close and we'll be awesome too.

As for KB > hurts? Not so imo. Hurts is a better all around qb. Hurts has the better measurables than kb and at least at this time a better passer... kb unknown.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2017, 12:07 AM

wow - ok.

As for Hurts, I think the sun was in his eyes all day. Oh wait...

Jun 21, 2017, 12:49 AM

It's an interesting comparison, and I'm looking for the local gurus to weigh in. No one can argue the running threat that he and our stable of backs will bring, but if he can't throw down field then we'll have jt Barrett at the helm.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see him as more of a Nick Marshall***

Jun 21, 2017, 2:31 AM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2017, 12:39 AM

People wig out everytime i say it, but im telling everyone again. Kelly Bryant & Feaster will be MURDER running the speed option with a reverse to Ray Ray sprinkled in every now & then.

I can't wait to see Feaster catch a pitch in stride & turn on the jets. He will look like an orange thunderbolt going down the sideline.

In fact that has solid potential as #28's future nickname.

"There goes #Thunderbolt28?"

Go Tigers!

???

Jun 21, 2017, 1:38 AM

While I agree with Feaster, Bryant, jet sweeps, lots of options can move the ball downfield. Can you give us some numbers on high throwing ability from HS? I know He's a fantastic runner, athlete and I've seen him throw a ball. However, do you think He's ready to lead balanced attack of throwing downfield and maybe some option? Clemson won't be one-dimensional playing option all the time. Stepping up into the pocket and delivering a 45 yard strike to Cain, or Powell in this case, is important as well. So, on your assessment so far, you think He can lead this team to major bowl game, final 4 appearance? With all due respect, please enlighten me and others on your superior confidence in Kelly.

Don't get me wrong, I like the kid, his talent could be a " Woody D." type of player. I just want to know where you see us ending up with Bryant at helm?

KB High school numbers:

Jun 21, 2017, 7:57 AM

Sr Yr: 231-368 (63%) 3570 yds, 41 TD 10 INT
Jr Yr: 187-298 (63%) 2665 yds, 29 TD 8 INT

Rushing:
Sr Yr: 128 car, 720 yds, 14 TD
Jr Yr: 189 car, 1174 yds, 18 TD

I certainly hope he does well, but I'm not convinced the can make the decisions or the throws. Time will tell.

Jun 21, 2017, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant > Jalen Hurts ]

Why do you capitalize the h in he or he's when it's not at the beginning of a sentence? Just wondering.

Bryant is dynamic on the ground

Jun 21, 2017, 1:33 AM

IMO, Bryant is the most capable runner we have from the backfield. I dont really question his ability to throw. What I do want to see from him is a fairly accurate deep ball. To spread our opponents defenses out we have to have that deep ball threat mostly on the fade to Cain. Bryant wont have the benefit of having Mike Williams and Jordan Leggett to throw to. As far as a proven commodity, I have yet to see any of our WR's or TE's with the catch radius of those two. That fade to Cain has got to be deadly. If Bryant wins the job, you better believe they are going to stack the box and leave their corners and safeties in one on one. They will dare the deep ball if they think he can't throw it. But KB has to be on the field. His running ability is just too good to ride thd pine. Anyone think we might have a 2 QB package to capitalize on the strengths of KB's legs and say Hunter Johnson's accuracy?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bryant is dynamic on the ground

Jun 21, 2017, 6:50 AM

" Anyone think we might have a 2 QB package to capitalize on the strengths of KB's legs and say Hunter Johnson's accuracy? "

I don't see how that will work. HJ needs to catch up quickly and become the starter IMO. Failure to do this ensures we do NOT make the playoffs this year. I see no way KB gets us there, but maybe Dabo & Co. sees things that we don't. :) It's going to be fun to watch anyway. We have so many supporting players that we might just overcome on talent alone. Meeting Bama once again in the NCG will be a classic match up as KB and Hurts are similar. You gotta love the possibility of seeing that game. The SEC sucked it choosing Mizzou to join them instead of CLEMSON. What the heck were those bozos thinking?

Jun 21, 2017, 7:34 AM

Interesting. Yeah I agree with you, don't see the 2 qb scenario. A couple plays here or there but can't get the cohesion needed.

Meeting bama again would be huge. Gosh can you imagine the buildup? Wild... even in a playoff game would be nice.

Would Clemson had left the ACC had they asked to join vs mizzou? Do we know it wasn't proposed? Good discussion topic during down time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2017, 9:49 AM

A rubber match national championship game in Atlanta, between Alabama and Clemson, in a new stadium, 2 hours from each team... That might be an even tougher ticket than last year's game in Tampa

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2017, 3:02 AM

I pondered this very question with a friend after the spring game . I told him I thought we could make it back to the playoffs with Bryant cause we could be as good as Bammer overall and

Bryant should be equal or better than Hurts was as a freshman .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2017, 6:17 AM

I told him I thought we could make it
> back to the playoffs with Bryant cause we could be as
> good as Bammer overall and
>
> Bryant should be equal or better than Hurts was as a
> freshman .

That's reall the point i was making. I think KB will be as good or better than Hurts as a Frosh.

Go Tigers!

???

Jun 21, 2017, 7:03 AM

Bryant couldn't beat out Stoudt! Hurts was the real deal... and still is. Imo

Jun 21, 2017, 8:32 AM

You do know Deshaun didn't even beat out Stoudt initially. If Watson couldn't do it then Bryant wouldn't have been able to either. The more concerning issue is that Bryant couldn't beat out Schuessler

Jun 21, 2017, 11:47 AM

Couldn't vs wouldn't!

Jun 21, 2017, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant > Jalen Hurts ]

You're thinking of Schuessler. Cole Stoudt and kelly Bryant never played on the same team together. Either way Schuessler was a plenty capable quarterback with two more years experience in the system than Bryant so it's hard to compare that and count it against Kelly.

Jun 21, 2017, 11:46 AM

I didn't say that they played on the same team! I was implying that Stoudt was a better QB than Bryant. imo

Jun 21, 2017, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant > Jalen Hurts ]

As long as Bryant can manage the games and not lose the games we should be fine. He brings a different skill set to the table that we haven't had in a while in the fact that he is crazy fast.

Boyd wasn't a great qb in terms of decision making at times but his ability to take the top off a defense would keep everyone honest. If Bryant can do that I could see him being highly successful. I trust Elliot and Scott to put him in the right situations to be successful

Why?*****

Jun 21, 2017, 8:57 AM

emojis rock! yay! hunters better than brady!!! go team!***

Jun 21, 2017, 9:14 AM

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jun 21, 2017, 9:40 AM

Kelly couldn't beat out Schuessler. Don't be that big of a homer.

Jun 21, 2017, 9:47 AM

Yes!

He's at least 3 inches taller.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 21, 2017, 2:52 PM

#KellyBryant4Heisman

Go Tigers!

???

Jun 21, 2017, 3:36 PM

I may not go that far but whomever is our starting QB, as long as they do not turn the ball over, we will be unstoppable on offense. Too many weapons. We too deep!

Jun 21, 2017, 4:44 PM

> I may not go that far but whomever is our starting
> QB, as long as they do not turn the ball over, we
> will be unstoppable on offense. Too many weapons. We
> too deep!

Heck yeah

Go Tigers!

???

Jun 21, 2017, 6:56 PM

KB wont turn the ball over nearly as much as Hurts. Hurts seemed to always be putting the ball on the ground or throwing picks. It didnt affect them very much because their defense was so good. I think KB is going to be just fine. He has marched the Tigers down the field a few times in mop up duty, and you know he was in a limited playbook with the second or third string. I dont see how people can knock him as a passer when we havent really seen his full potential. He is a heck of a runner, probably even better than DW$. For the people that say he couldnt even beat out Schuessler. Thats ridiculous. We all know that was seniority. Schuessler would come in and play like 1 drive and then they would put in KB.

All this qb talk doesnt really matter

Jun 21, 2017, 7:11 PM

We NEED to have a strong stable stable of rbs this season. All of our rbs need to step up. We all saw kb not make simple passes during spring game( i know his finger). Nobody is talking about our rookie center too. Doesnt really matter who is qb if we cant run the ball effectively.

I gotta see KB throw something other than an out pass

Jun 21, 2017, 10:16 PM

Or screen pass to lend credence to your assumption. I have yet to see him do this. He performs under a Cole stoudt style play calling. Which gets you Cole stoudt type numbers. Now he can run which is a plus but if defense are crowding the box what does it matter?

Man I hope he proves me wrong. We find out week 2

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic