Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember when they told us we were weak & would lose
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 4,251

Remember when they told us we were weak & would lose

Jun 20, 2017, 5:19 PM
IMG_1663.PNG(80.4 K)

And they were the only team that could beat the Crimson Tide. ESPN had practically already set up the matchup between the two.

Then our Defense showed up and shut them down and held them to 9 1st downs and zero points with a big 31-0 win over O31O State. The defensive line lived in their backfield the whole game.

Go Tigers, the best is yet to come!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Remember when they told us we were weak & would lose

Jun 20, 2017, 5:28 PM

I remember thinking Clemson is the only team that can beat Bama and OSU did not have a chance, with not showing a threat of downfield passing attack.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2017, 5:37 PM

I did too but the buckeyes really believed we were in a weak conference and they would kill us. I had two different buckeye fan family's tell me their secondary would shut Deshaun down and Barret would run and pass all over us. All the college football shows predicted they were going to beat us an Alabama lol......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let’s Go Tigers!

Silly fans and the media darlings' spindants

Jun 20, 2017, 5:59 PM

Seeing what Northwestern's DBs did to tOS0 WRs should have been enough; coupled with the common knowledge of our front seven/Venables coached run D. Oh, and Watson and Company. ??

I remember telling my wife that VA tech was a better team

Jun 22, 2017, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Remember when they told us we were weak & would lose ]

right before kickoff. I was right, they had a much more dynamic offense.

Haha..those stats show a dominating defensive beatdown.

Jun 20, 2017, 8:44 PM

Bless their little Buckeye hearts. Only thing more fun is looking at the team stats of 56-7. Now that was a beating of EPIC proportions on both sides of the ball. I would post a screenshot but am computer challenged. Ready for some dadgum football!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

here ya go

Jun 20, 2017, 8:49 PM
Capture.JPG(80.8 K)

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even more computer challenged ^^^***

Jun 20, 2017, 8:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

I'll give it a go...

Jun 20, 2017, 9:28 PM [ in reply to here ya go ]

http://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=400869074

Re: I'll give it a go...

Jun 21, 2017, 10:39 PM
IMG_1668.PNG(79.6 K)

This is that close game last year according to ole Bently who spent the 1st half on his buttocks lol

Let’s Go Tigers!

Nobody ever told me we were weak & would lose

Jun 20, 2017, 8:49 PM

I'm stronger than the average American male.

Some pundits said we would win as well.

Maybe 60% thought OSU would win. I wasnt offended.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That victory was so sweet.***

Jun 20, 2017, 9:12 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

3-0 suckeyes***

Jun 20, 2017, 9:20 PM

Re: 3-0 suckeyes***

Jun 20, 2017, 9:40 PM

This morning on XM radio/college sports, the talking heads were again tooting the OSU team, saying the buckeyes had the best d-line in college football, as much talent as bama and a pick to make the playoffs again.

Do those guys even watch the games?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2017, 10:55 PM

Thanks HUMBLE Servant. nice read! +1

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Nebraska said the same thing about us in 1982,

Jun 21, 2017, 11:59 PM

until the second quarter.

Jun 22, 2017, 12:12 AM

IMO, Ferrell had his " breakout" game against OSU. Defensive player of the game. He's going to be a beast this year!

Jun 22, 2017, 12:19 AM

I can't wait to see how much he's grow this year(Ferrell) our defensive line is going to be nasty. Imagine Dex with a year in our weight room to mold his 6-4 345 18% fat into solid muscle. He's going to be more dominant than last year by far.
I pity the fool as Ali would say....lol

Let’s Go Tigers!

Jun 22, 2017, 12:38 AM

Defense Line & LB core are national championship material. As well as some of our secondary coming back. It's going to be a show to watch, they will live in the backfield in most every game, if not every game. Teams will have to have a very determined QB to beat us, because their OL will be overmatched. It's just a fact. Big Dex and Ferrell co-defensive freshman of the year. Christian Wilkins plays versatile and dominant at every position, and Austin Bryant and that entire LB core..

All I can say is, Bama last year isn't going to have anything on Clemson this year with so many returning starters on Defense. It may be one for the books, they are going to be that good IMO.

Replies: 18
| visibility 4,251
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic