Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Eubanks to the Rangers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Eubanks to the Rangers

Jun 14, 2017, 12:53 PM

Rd 14, pick 434

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Eubanks to the Rangers

Jun 14, 2017, 12:58 PM

Good for Alex. He went from walk on to decent Rd draft pick. Hope he comes back but good luck to him if he decides to turn pro.

Jun 14, 2017, 1:00 PM

HE STILL HAS LEVERAGE. MAY GET HIM BACK.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gracias----here's a link for same info----

Jun 14, 2017, 1:54 PM

http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/alex-eubanks-first-tiger-drafted-on-third-day-of-major/article_fed4d830-511b-11e7-973e-1b56424f241a.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gracias----here's a link for same info----

Jun 14, 2017, 2:48 PM

IMO he should come back, he had a problem of giving up a couple HR every start it seems like needs to work on the plane his pitches come in on. Very flat.

Jun 14, 2017, 3:18 PM

SMFH.

Jun 16, 2017, 4:36 PM

Those rocks should be loose by now

Jun 14, 2017, 3:07 PM

If they offer him anything decent he should go ahead and take it. Most people drafted in his situation end up losing money by coming back.

Jun 14, 2017, 3:17 PM

WHICH SITUATION. HE IS A REDSHIRT SOPH. WHICH MEANS HE WILL STILL HAVE LEVERAGE AFTER NEXT YEAR. COMING BACK AND PERFORMING WELL COULD MEAN MILLIONS.

Jun 14, 2017, 3:37 PM

Or he could be left with nothing. A prominent SC pitcher from their 08-09 teams chose to come back after his RS So year. Ended up around half of what he would have gotten after his RS So year, and he was a higher rated prospect.

I once asked a Diamondbacks scout "How to you look at RS Jrs ?" His answer was "we look at them as seniors." Meaning, the "leverage" he has now is greater than it will be as a RS Jr.

I think it was Baseball America that did a study around 10 years ago that concluded that most high level draft picks that choose to come back end up getting LESS money. Granted, Eubanks is not a high level pick, but he won't be next year either unless he finds another 3-4 mph somewhere. But, odds are he can probably work a better deal now than he will be able to next year.

I'm sure everyone that selfishly wants him to come back is in his ear telling him he could get millions. Possible, but unlikely. He could also have a career ending injury.

I'm not saying he should accept just anything. But, if they make him a reasonable offer considering his velocity, his "stuff", and his injury history, satistically, he probably ought to take it. But, that's his call, not yours or mine.

Jun 14, 2017, 3:42 PM

IT IS A GAMBLE NO DOUBT. PERSONALLY I THINK HE CAN MOVE UP SEVERAL ROUNDS BY HAVING A GOOD YEAR

Jun 14, 2017, 4:56 PM

He could definitely move up quite a few rounds. But, unless he's in the top ten it makes little difference. Keep in mind that pitchers tend to have a shorter shelf life than position players due to the risk inherent in throwing a baseball. The sooner they can get him into, and moving up, the organization, the better it is for him and them. They'd much rather have him this year than next.

From a developmental standpoint, college has been good for him. But, odds are, there's not a lot to be gained by staying another year.

I'm not making any comment as to what his true value is. I simply don't know. He could be a top 10 talent now, but his stock fell because they didn't think he would sign. If he is, they'll offer him top 10 money. Or maybe they think he's a 24th round talent. I have no idea. That's what advisers are for. Hopefully he has a good one.

Jun 15, 2017, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Eubanks to the Rangers ]

WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS HITTING THE ALL CAPS BUTTON!

Jun 16, 2017, 8:50 AM

Cause he thinks he's all that!! He replies to everyone's post He works at lowes they teach him to do that lol.

Jun 16, 2017, 8:53 AM

maybe you could find someone else to stalk. i can im you in chat. little harder in here unless i im the whole board.

Jun 16, 2017, 8:57 AM

Stalk ? Lmao u stalk whole board idiot they don't say something right you say smdh ! Just no one else has balls to call u out loser

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic