Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LOL!! Me and GoTigerz just came to an agreement,that when we
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

LOL!! Me and GoTigerz just came to an agreement,that when we

May 29, 2017, 10:42 PM

get the Alzheimer's, we are going to get our wives to check us into the same old folks home, and everyday we will watch the Bama game, like it is the first time again!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When someone gets to stage 3 or 4 of alzheimers

May 30, 2017, 6:09 AM

and they have to be checked into a secure facility it is usually because the person they are not sitting still watching TV. The person is up and about, walking and is some cases combative with their care giver. They may be aggressive and simply walk out the door. They may start yelling at the caregiver. They may start talking about things in the past that have no relation to present day. This is usually when thier bowel movements require them to wear adult diapers and the caregiver has to take them to the bathroom because they can't go them selves.

Once they hit stage 5 they are ususally confined to a wheelchair and have to be fed and then regularly taken to the restroom. If they are lucky they pass from complications from some other illness. If not they waste away because their brain is so ravaged from the disease that they don't want to eat or drink.

So while it may sound amusing, caregivers of alzheimers patients would not relish watching their loved ones sitting, wasting away, watching TV. They want the person they loved back like they remember them. The last memory a caregiver wants is the thought of their loved one dying and not knowing who they are or where they are. It's not pretty or funny.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Re: LOL!! Me and GoTigerz just came to an agreement,that when we

May 30, 2017, 6:32 AM

Hey Spud - how many times are you gonna tell us this? Germans!

Re: LOL!! Me and GoTigerz just came to an agreement,that when we

May 30, 2017, 8:36 AM

get the Alzheimer's, we are going to get our wives to check us into the same old folks home, and everyday we will watch the Bama game, like it is the first time again!!

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic