Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many baseball commits do we have that will be here for next year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,202

How many baseball commits do we have that will be here for next year?

May 28, 2017, 3:21 PM

With Rudy Cox leaving,Seth will likely move to first base,we'all need some new outfielders.Also jw about the freshmen coming next year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With Davidson at SS idk if Beer going to 1B is a good thing

May 28, 2017, 3:31 PM

unless he's as good as Cox at picking those lows throws off the bounce. Davidson only has 4 less errors than White who was awful last year on D and White didn't have the benefit of Cox for most of the season.

Re: With Davidson at SS idk if Beer going to 1B is a good thing

May 28, 2017, 3:41 PM

Who will be at first then?

That's as big a question mark as who is gonna play the OF.

May 28, 2017, 3:47 PM

We've got Wharton and Bryant coming back. Idk who else plays out there. It wouldn't shock me if Beer does move to 1B, b/c he's not great in RF, but I don't think it's a simple transition either.

Re: That's as big a question mark as who is gonna play the OF.

May 28, 2017, 4:19 PM

They already tried Beer at first and that did not work at all. With Beer at first Davidson would have 35+ errors. Beer either plays right or dh.

May 28, 2017, 4:40 PM

No we moved him to first because Rudy was injured,when he was healthy we moved Seth back to of.

May 28, 2017, 5:00 PM

That is incorrect. Rudy was hurt in the middle of last year, then came back. Seth trained for first in the off season, the plan was for him to play first this year. But like the other poster said, that didn't last long because he wasn't very good.

May 28, 2017, 6:06 PM [ in reply to With Davidson at SS idk if Beer going to 1B is a good thing ]

Davidson will move to 3rd. We will start a freshman at short. Beer at 1st, Greene at 2nd and Wilke behind the plate. The outfield is any body's guess. KJ, Wharton and Reed? I think Reed comes back. A true Centerfield is a major concern. Elite teams all have one.

May 28, 2017, 8:07 PM

IF SETH HITS NEXT YEAR LIKE HE DID THIS YEAR,THEN WE CAN EXPECT TO HAVE A POOR HITTING TEAM AGAIN.LOGAN IS THE ONLY GOOD HITTER THAT YOU MENTIONED.
BETTER HAVE SOME GOOD FRESHMAN OR TRANSFERS.

Re: How many baseball commits do we have that will be here for next year?

May 28, 2017, 4:46 PM

Yeah I'd like to know who is playing summer ball too. All of them need to. So will this Monte first class that people weren't committed?

We do a very poor job of covering our other sports when it comes to recruiting. Not sure how to follow it on tnet. Have recruits listed but who knows if that's accurate or whether they're going to MLB or not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2017, 4:49 PM

Rudy can go but honestly I can't think of anyone else.. maybe pinder that would get drafted... not based on their technique at Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2017, 4:54 PM

havent you heard. we are going to keep playing with jacks old players since some in here think monte dont knows anything about recruiting or running a program.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2017, 5:47 PM

Nah didn't hear that ??. but amiwrong that the recruits that jack had locked in for 10 years and committed could have left when Monte was hired?

Also at what point ( year) do recruits become Monte's.

So hoping they'll work hard this week and come out on fire. I kinda think they will. They know everyone expects them to lose so maybe they just come out relaxed.

May 28, 2017, 5:49 PM

this upcoming class will be montes actual 1st class.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,202
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic