Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all the concern and talk about Monte Lee
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

For all the concern and talk about Monte Lee

May 27, 2017, 6:59 PM

2015 Jack Leggett: 32-29 = 52.4 %

2016 Monte Lee: 44-20 = 68.7%

Simmer down now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For all the concern and talk about Monte Lee

May 27, 2017, 8:23 PM

Interesting Has there been a total collapse like we just witnessed in recent years? I can't recall a season where we began so well and played so poorly at the end. But I've only been watching CLEMSON baseball for 57 years so what do I know?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2017, 2:10 AM

Will it be a total collapse when we make it to Omaha? Asking for a friend.

May 28, 2017, 2:11 PM

lol we aren't making it to Omaha

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

May 27, 2017, 9:06 PM

Oh it's not time to fire anybody and Lee will be here until he's old I'm sure.
But it's been 8 years since we have won a regional and there is cause for concern.
Losing 11 of 12 ACC games is something that has never happened at CLEMSON.
What makes it worse is that fundamentals lost most of these games not talent.

May 28, 2017, 1:41 AM

When Monte has a chance to get at least 70% of his type players recruit into his roster, winning will be like taking candy from a baby and eating it!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CLEMSON BASEBALL is in Good Shape!!!

May 28, 2017, 1:51 AM [ in reply to Re: For all the concern and talk about Monte Lee ]

Monte has this!!!!!!!!! I know D-Rad has confidence in him and so does the rest of the Powers that be! I also want immediate results, but we got to give him time to put his Signature on this Program! Dabo needed some leeway, many times if you look at his life journey. Let's offer the same to Monte and the Coaches!!! Go Tigers!!!

Re: CLEMSON BASEBALL is in Good Shape!!!

May 28, 2017, 10:33 AM

I believe that also bc, all coaches has things they like doing their way, and the type of players they like doing it with. If all coaches did everything the same by a How to book, a book that tells coaches how to coach baseball, then there would never be a need to replace coaches until they couldn't do it any longer. Just get them an updated How to Book every year. I personally believe that when a baseball coach was doing good things for a baseball program with less, playing against and beating the big boys at a school much smaller than Clemson and less money to do things with within the athletic programs. That coach knows how to coach and how to win once he gets a program set up to do things his way. Coach Lee at college of Charleston has beat some good teams playing in the NCAA tournament. I believe that once he has had another 2 years in the Clemson program, he will have Clemson playing top ranked baseball wearing the good teams out as the HC of our Clemson Tigers. I believe that 100%, the cream isn't that far from reaching the top for our baseball program, and the taste will be sweet, and fans will be coming from the wood work telling they knew how sweet it was going to be!!! I'm All In with Monte Lee!!!

Monte Lee didn't forget how to coach during the ride from Charleston to Clemson!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2017, 7:06 AM [ in reply to Re: For all the concern and talk about Monte Lee ]

And of those 8 years Monte is only responsible for one!And he is still playing with some of the players the previous coach had 2 years ago.

May 28, 2017, 8:34 AM

He won the acc championship with many of the 'other' coaches players .... last year

May 28, 2017, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: For all the concern and talk about Monte Lee ]

And they are all really good players. The same players that won the ACC and hosted as a national seed.

What's your point?

May 27, 2017, 10:38 PM

Hopefully badb can answer what Monte said in his presser about "seeing the ball up " we faced this pitcher a month ago and he pitched the same way. So, my question for the experts (and these 2 know baseball) is knowing that, why were we not patient and kept swinging at the low pitched??? Did we forget the scouting report? Idk.

I guess it really is fundamentals but is that teaching and practicing? Or is this a lack of talent?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2017, 11:17 PM

I'm watching UNC right now. Louisville speaks for themselves. FSU started healing up against us. Lee wins the ACC and gets national seed first year. Gets us on the cusp of one this year and you guys are bitching. Amazing. That's two national seeds and an FSU team that has taken three from Louisville.

"Seeing the ball up"

May 28, 2017, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: For all the concern and talk about Monte Lee ]

is one of the root points in what I've been talking about when I complain about our hitting fundamentals. We need to learn to hit the pitch that's low, but in the strike zone. Yes, these pitches often result in grounders, but if they're well hit, they'll get through the gaps or sometimes result in fielding errors. When coached to wait for the pitch up in the zone and then faced with good pitching low in the zone (particularly low and away), we end up with called strikes when we could have had a possible hit..... or the hitter gets antsy, sees a slider up without recognizing it for what it is, thinks he has his pitch and cuts loose with a textbook long ball swing.... and swings above the ball.

The difference starts with moving up in the box to about centered with the plate, taking a square stance, keeping all extraneous movement out of the pre-swing stance, stepping forward (not up) into every pitch with the intent of swinging and if the ball appears to be within the strike zone, taking a good cut at it. The method requires a good eye and fast reaction with good hand-eye coordination..... the skills of athleticism.

When working on some of my vehicles, I've noticed that raising the hood and staring into the engine bay doesn't accomplish much of anything. Nothing gets done until I pick up a wrench and use it. The same is true in baseball...... the bat is the tool for hitting and scoring runs, so we need to learn to use it anywhere in the strike zone. Reliance on walks to gain runs is not a good strategy. Neither is waiting for a pitch which may never come. Other teams have players on scholarship, too - and sometimes they are the pitchers.

i believe the fall was from losing Williams more than

May 27, 2017, 11:41 PM

anything

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i believe the fall was from losing Williams more than

May 28, 2017, 7:57 AM

Certainly had a lot to do with our defense and chemistry in the batting order. We didn't have a 1-2 punch.

Still doesn't excuse the fundamentals in general.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2017, 11:33 AM

QUESTION??? for who ever is that deep into the total process of our baseball program as in the coaches, the roster, recruited Players??? How many players has this staff already recruited, and have any of those freshman played, are any of them listed as starters, or do any of them play in a back up roll. Just wanting to know how many of Monte Lee's hand chosen players are now playing, if any, how are they doing???

Message removed by Author

May 28, 2017, 2:09 PM

Message removed by Author

Just keep golfing, baseball isn't your game.***

May 28, 2017, 2:30 PM

Basically, these are the facts:

May 28, 2017, 2:49 PM

1. Monte has upgraded the talent, and seems to be continuing to do so each recruiting cycle
2. The ACC is a very tough baseball conference so significant improvement from one year to the next is difficult.
3. It's baseball, the third most popular sport on our campus and a money loser every year. We aren't talking football or basketball here. Yes, it's important but at the end of the day it's not worth obsessing over.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic