Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you weren't a Clemson fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,115

If you weren't a Clemson fan

May 27, 2017, 12:37 PM

what would your opinion of Clemson be? I know it is hard to imagine as many us here have grown up living and breathing Clemson, but try and imagine being a fan of another team. Not a rival, so no built in hate either. Maybe a fan of a team like Texas, Michigan or something. Teams that should have no strong inherent opinion of Clemson.

Would you like the flashy team and uniforms? Would you be annoyed by Dabo? Would you like Dabo?

what do you think?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't grow up a Clemson fan.

May 27, 2017, 12:43 PM

I would think great coach who is a solid role model. Rabid fans. Explosive well rounded team. I would think they actually do seem built to last.

Re: If you weren't a Clemson fan

May 27, 2017, 1:15 PM

If I grew up in Alabama, I would probably be a Bama or Auburn fan. If in GA, then I would probably be a GT or UGA fan. If ...

Since I grew up in SC and graduated from CLEMSON, I guess I think highly of CLEMSON. Actually though, as much as I love sports, I respect the academic side of CLEMSON more than any sport. I wish athletes were held to the same standard as the rest of the universe when it comes to going to CLEMSON. But then, our teams would be in last place in every sport. I've sat in too many classes with athletes, so don't hand me that crap about them being smart, etc. 'cause most are NOT. The ONLY way they gain entry is via sports.

Okay - you guys can flame away and tell me how smart they are now. I'll sit back and get some popcorn.

Awesome job staying on topic.***

May 27, 2017, 2:37 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2017, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: If you weren't a Clemson fan ]

NO one cares what you respect more.

I respect clemson football more so there?

May 27, 2017, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: If you weren't a Clemson fan ]

If your pulse hasn't dropped 3 points by the end of the day the systems rigged

May 27, 2017, 1:29 PM

Grew up a VT fan till I went to Clemson. If I still was I'd want to beat the but would respect what they had done like I used to with Beamer till he started letting home invaders and other miscreants stay on the team like Booby Bowden did late career. Not sure why they do that other than desperation because the age thing gets used against them in recruiting

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2017, 2:13 PM

I think some of that was answered the last couple years where media and peeps didn't know where it was located. Now Dabo and team have gone a long long way to making Clemson known and where it is etc.

Other than that, I would think the only sport Clemson played was football. Our acedemia? Is next to none. The power of the paw is starting to reach out thanks to football. Now is the time for drad to get off his but and push the other programs to the same standard.

Hate on me all u want but coots are making wimens bball relevant because it's supported by the fans. Don't want to hear the arg that it's only because other sports suck.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2017, 2:37 PM

"Other than that, I would think the only sport Clemson played was football. Our acedemia? Is next to none"

I would think this too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

btw

May 27, 2017, 2:14 PM

Good question and all the answers have been quality. Thanks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2017, 2:23 PM

Very good question & its nice to see you post about something other than tennis ?? I would say most people respect Clemson and realize they are a force now, and most likely for years to come. As far as how others view Dabo - I'd say they know he has built a heck of a program and most people probably either love or hate Dabo. Doubt there are many that have a nuetral opinion of him.

It's a d@mn good time to be a Tiger

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

May 27, 2017, 2:41 PM

Grew up a Georgia Fan.My Dad graduated from UGA,and that's was how I grew up.
However all of that changed in 1998 when I married my "Best Friend" who not only graduated
the year they won the National Championship,but whose has a rich Family Heritage with Clemson.
I attended my first game that year and was"HOOKED".
Now I'm still realistic,and while I wouldn't trade Dabo Swinney for any Head Coach in America, I think the basketball program is in need of a complete overhaul and I have been somewhat disappointed in Monte's second season in Clemson,but I also know he needs another season or two before we should start questioning the hire.
Also ,on a secondary note,would love to see our golf programs do better,and am actually looking forward to women's softball.
Don't know if anybody has been looking at ESPN's coverage,but dang these girls are good.

I'd think Clemson had a dang good team and

May 27, 2017, 2:44 PM

would really rather not face them.

This anecdote may just lay it out perfectly. I went to Vegas in late February of 2016. My first day out there I was wearing the "Blue label" shirt from Tigertown Graphics. This one is bit different than what you can buy now, as I don't think it has any Orange. All variety of folks had something positive to say about Clemson football. I figure most that live and work in Vegas aren't devoted college football fans so their opinion was honest. Of course the stuck up bunch (Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma for who knows what reason) can't grasp that Clemson is just that good, but people without blinders can.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2017, 2:44 PM

I've been all in Clemson for so long, there isn't any possibilities of me thinking any other way, other than Clemson!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had no affiliation with any school

May 27, 2017, 2:57 PM

Truth be told I am the first and only person in my family to graduate college. As a 12 year old, I got hooked when a team in my state won the national championship. That and my dad gave me a Clemson belt buckle, which seems cheesy but they were fashionable back then and that was my prized possession. When I applied and was accepted, I had not even seen the campus. Now 25 years later after I graduated I will tell you Clemson has an allure, a mystique , something that says we have a secret in the foothills and it is awesome. Clemson people (alum or not) are the best regardless if they are from the south or not. I have never met a fan that wouldn't give you the shirt off their back. That my friends carries more weight than tv or sound bites.

May 27, 2017, 3:25 PM

I would respect our rise to college football kings. And would want my program to follow the same blueprint. Dabo has gained huge respect from cfb world for his turning around of clemson and his ability to hire great staff, recruit, and upgrade facilities to become top in the country! One thing I will say is l don't get what you mean by Flashy uniforms? Clemson is very far from even considered a team that wears flashy uniforms. We don't even have the chrome helmets that most team have used once or twice. Most flashy we do is all purple or orange uniforms.

May 27, 2017, 7:23 PM

I'd say most folks have a positive opinion of Clemson. Dabo might come across as a little annoying only IF you follow a ton on cfb news and are not a Clemson fan, but certainly would respect his work. I also don't see our uniforms as being flashy at all compared to some programs. If we continue building and putting top ten teams on the field and making the playoffs with some regularity, we will have long term respect nationally. What we've had the last couple of years was a special bunch, but we absolutely have to follow this up with more playoff births in the post DW4 era. Otherwise like it or not, we will be viewed nationally as another Auburn who only plays at that level with the generational player at QB. Fortunately I think this program is at the level it needs to be at and will repeat and compete for championships moving forward. I don't expect the playoff every year, but I'll be surprised if the tigers don't have at least a New Years 6 bowl game for the next 5 years running.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,115
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic