Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the Coots win another game this weekend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

If the Coots win another game this weekend

May 26, 2017, 2:50 PM

I believe they make the Tournament.
If we host they will put the Coots in CLEMSON as a 3 seed.
That will be fun??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kentucky will pound them again today...

May 26, 2017, 2:57 PM

and their season will officially be over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Kentucky will pound them again today...

May 26, 2017, 2:58 PM

I certainly hope so

Re: Kentucky will pound them again today...

May 26, 2017, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Kentucky will pound them again today... ]

:)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: If the Coots win another game this weekend

May 26, 2017, 3:01 PM

And why would Clemson expect to host a regional? Losing 1 of the last 12 ACC games proves we were not competitive in the ACC. The AD and the fans are entitled to an explanation of why this team was ill-prepared to play tough competition.

W/O a major fix--this team will sink in NCAA play. Outhit today by 15 to 6. Our stars--Beer and Rohlman were "just super" when they saw tough teams and good pitching.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2017, 3:09 PM

Oh I don't think they deserve chit but at 39-19 , 17-13 and a RPI top 15 they still have a good chance to host.

May 26, 2017, 3:15 PM

I think South Florida replaces us as a host site. Not sure how they did in the aac? tourney but I do know they have a winning record 10-6 (I think) against top 50. We're 9-14. Granted we play tougher top 50 opponents but I really see where we had two good series. uva and wake. Can't really count coots anymore... even though they're still top 50.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2017, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: If the Coots win another game this weekend ]

I have to disagree with you on that they were ill prepared. Not having the athletes to me isn't ill prepared. In fact, my opinion Monte might have done a spectacular job with the players he has and his big gun "Beer" in a slump most of the year.

He couldn't find that 1-2 punch that was needed. I think I recall badb saying in one of the games that the batters were opining up too much in their stance (or something to that affect.) . Anyway, this team as a whole wears concrete boots and it really makes a difference if you get a leadoff walk and can scoot to 3rd on a single w 0-1 outs.

It's not major, it's just a few minor things that need correcting along with recruiting more athletes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2017, 3:34 PM

Yep Beer had a decent season just guessing and never really adjusted to the way he was pitched.
To me that's on the Coaches, but hitting around 300 , 15 HRs and 50 RBIs tells me this kid has more than enough raw talent.
He will work his butt off this offseason and go out with a bang.
Rolhman hit a couple of HRs and has just swung for the fences instead of taking what was pitched.
He got his AVG up to 400 not trying to do to much but then started to drive the ball every at bat.
Leading to a bunch of Ks and pop ups.
Williams just can't stay healthy.
Pinder overall a good season.

more intelligent thing I've read on here

May 26, 2017, 8:02 PM

+1

May 26, 2017, 3:10 PM

Please no. They can't win today because I think they'd make it if they did. We won't host. Not with the way we closed. Even with a high RPI (which drops more this week), we won't. The only way we might get to host is they want the revenue and know they can get great attendance if we do. I see that as the only thing in our favor.

Not sure what it is... I'll leave that to you guys and the experts. I do wish (tnet) would promote baseball a little bit more. Unless you pay for the service, you really can't follow recruits that easy. I see what's posted on here and that's about it.

May 26, 2017, 3:17 PM

We still have a good shot to host and for the reasons you posted.
And put the Coots in our regional, which would draw big crowds all weekend

May 26, 2017, 3:27 PM

Thumbs up for hosting ! Thumbs down on coots being in our region - don't know if my ticker could stand that. ;)

As much as I hate the coots, it is funny how they want to run Holbrook off. They had a bunch of injuries and they didn't get swept in a single series. unc and Kentucky pounded them pretty darn good but they were a lot closer than peeps realize to being a real good team this year.

May 26, 2017, 3:38 PM

I really don't think we host but there is still a shot.
It's about money and they know a CLEMSON regional will draw big crowds

May 26, 2017, 6:55 PM

Don't count in it the way the Tigs are playing.

congrats to Holbroken for saving that job

May 26, 2017, 7:57 PM

along with the new raise and contract extension!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: congrats to Holbroken for saving that job

May 26, 2017, 8:01 PM

Yep making badb prediction a reality. Heck they may win the sec and we end up going there as a 2 seed. Wouldn't that be a blast.

May 26, 2017, 8:01 PM [ in reply to congrats to Holbroken for saving that job ]

Yep making badb prediction a reality. Heck they may win the sec and we end up going there as a 2 seed. Wouldn't that be a blast.

May 26, 2017, 8:11 PM

Just when things get good around here, '09 returns. Geez, can a board get a break ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic