Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To all naive fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

To all naive fans

May 26, 2017, 1:50 PM

Every time you people mention that monte is coaching with Jack's players, you are pretty much saying that the reason we are struggling is because of cox, pinder, and rohlman. Wait....did I just name three of our best players? The writing is on the wall. The players that hurt us the most Are montes players

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot

May 26, 2017, 1:51 PM

62-60

Re: To all naive fans

May 26, 2017, 2:00 PM

There aren't any non-grad transfers on this team that would have been recruited by Monte. Even Davidson and the freshmen were all committed and signed. So I don't understand your argument either, to be honest.

May 26, 2017, 2:02 PM

thanks for your input sowell.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean the freshmen?***

May 26, 2017, 2:16 PM

null

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

No personal attacks.***

May 26, 2017, 2:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

May 26, 2017, 2:45 PM

This was the year to do something it's going to be a very young team next season.
That and players that have not been good enough to play will get a shot next season.
It's def going to be a complete rebuild next season.
Jack left Lee with some good players and so far Monte has not recruited at the same level .

Monte's recruits are mainly freshmen.

May 26, 2017, 2:50 PM

We can judge the results on the field this year, but it's a bit premature to be writing off Monte's recruiting prowess.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2017, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: To all naive fans ]

Have to agree with you, there Badb (first time for everything). Jack left Monte with very good players:

Pinder
Beer
Cox
Rohlman
Barnes
Eubanks
Krall
Jolly

To say we are struggling because they aren't Monte-recruited players is false. Those guys would start on any D1 team in the country. They are also the same players that won the ACC tournament last year and hosted a regional as a national seed. The folks on this board can't have it both ways.

Baseball is baseball. Teams go through slumps. Our Tigers have just picked the worse possible time to do it. Right now it's a mental thing and they have a few days to wash this off and get their heads right. Monte will get them where they need to be.

May 26, 2017, 3:05 PM

That's why it's so frustrating to me the talent is there to beat anybody.
I knew the Bullpen would be weak this season but I thought we would have a good hitting team.
Something is just off and it's prolly too late this season to fix it.
It looks to me that the team has given up.

May 26, 2017, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: To all naive fans ]

You do realize the class coming in this fall will be montes 1st actual class. This years class is not montes

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2017, 3:05 PM

Yeah I do but this Class is nothing special

May 26, 2017, 3:49 PM

Owen Griffith is going to be special. Logan Davidson is pretty special. There's some good talent in this freshman class.

Too soon to make that assessment on the incoming class.

May 27, 2017, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Re: To all naive fans ]

Maybe not a lot of guys turning down MLB contracts to come to Clemson, but I don't remember anyone getting particularly excited about most the players left over from Jack Leggett's last couple of recruiting classes when they were signed.

The fact is ... on average we've hit well enough, and our starting pitching has been strong enough to have won 45+ games.

Granted, we have some issues offensively and defensively, but so do most good teams.

But above all else, the "bull pen" has just not gotten it done this year.

It's pretty much that simple.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2017, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Re: To all naive fans ]

I give Monte the benefit of the doubt here. People seem forget that Beer was looking else where when Jack got canned but all it took was one phone call from Monte. He needs time to build continuity.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: To all Tigers

May 27, 2017, 4:01 PM

Just shows how special and difficult it is to win the ACC. It seems last years team had a special relationship with each other. Clubbing Louisville and Fla State in the tourney was gold. I remember seeing out of nowhere Wilson hits a 422 ft HR...Rohlman hits two Hr's and Beer puts one in orbit....the key however was Clate Schmitt pitching his heart out and.holding down Louisville was pure guts. I think we had a big walk off win against NcState going into the tourney.

Then against Fla State Okey tears the fences up with 2 doubles of the high wall...great chemistry last year. tigers were circling bases like, well Tiger running over OSU. Monte lost some key players but this year's team did under achieve at the end of the year. The talent is close to last year. Rohlman picked his game up this year and some what offset the drop in Beer's mumbers. Cox had an excellent year and Pender continues to be one of best to wear a tiger uniform. Williams being hurt was a factor but he had a good year. Davidson, Green and Byrd had good years.

Monte has a very good core returning and the answer remains " pitching, pitching and pitching." We will not get a better coach or man than Monte. I have held my tongue this year as I was shocked how well we started....did not want to jinx..

Let's stay positive and go win it all.....go Tigers.

May 28, 2017, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: To all naive fans ]

That's just not true. Of course Monte called Seth to make sure he was still coming. Seth said yes. Trying to insinuate that Monte saved him from going elsewhere is disengenuous. Regardless, Jack is 100% responsible for Seth being here. Don't get twisted, Beer isn't a Monte win.

you are not to speak

May 26, 2017, 2:59 PM

unless told to do so - hope we are clear

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Hello Blue Faddy

May 27, 2017, 6:10 PM

You're at it again, I see?

Bwok, bwawk bwock bwock, bwaaahk...***

May 27, 2017, 11:38 PM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic