Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm kind of befuddled about the young QB in Columbia,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,547

I'm kind of befuddled about the young QB in Columbia,

May 25, 2017, 9:40 PM

who is fully exemplifying the fitting term, "Cocky."

I don't know if I have a hot take or anything on this but the big thing I took away from reading his statement through after watching it, is that they weren't ready that "week." They had a bad "week." All I hear about is that "week."

I'll tell you one thing I can see and always hear from Dabo is it ain't about the "week," it is about EVERYTHING. It's the practice, the school, the running, the drills, the playbook, the film, the diet, the free time, the bonding, the personality, the person, the team, the bigger picture. And it is EVERY "week" no matter who the opponent is. All day, every day, All In or you're aren't on the team or even the same "playing field."

Dabo believes in his prep, his formula, and there isn't a "week" that changes that. It's the day, the night, the amount of sleep you get and the attitude you have when you wake up concerning the team.

They don't have that yet at #### U., according to this prevalent and clearly verbalized attitude from their All Star. I haven't seen it yet...they're probably beating their chests over Umass and WCU. If that is the case with the rest of the program and it continues unabated, well, it's a good thing they aren't in our league, because they aren't in our league.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm kind of befuddled about the young QB in Columbia,

May 25, 2017, 9:54 PM

That's my favorite trait about CDS; his vision for our program. He's a good coach in terms of X's and O's, but the culture he has established and his ability to get every last person to buy in is amazing. Cooterville will never have the type of culture that we have from top to bottom

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed. My point exactly. Two different paths.

May 25, 2017, 10:27 PM

Ours has already been proven to work. You aren't there, yet, Jake, and hell, not even Alabama was there last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Generally, before you brag, you ought to have

May 25, 2017, 9:56 PM

actually done something to brag about.

Or, you know....finish...***

May 25, 2017, 10:25 PM

Not defending Bentley's comments, but I can remember

May 25, 2017, 10:19 PM

when FSU came in to Death Valley in 2013 and whooped our butts and Dabo made comments that they were not the better team. I know it's not equally comparable, but can you really expect a competitor to concede defeat again when asked a question after the fact?

That is true, and everyone is different, but that's why I'm

May 25, 2017, 10:25 PM

confused. Seems like the coachable answer would be: "Man, I tell you we got whipped. That's a great football team. We knew we'd have to play well to have a chance but we didn't do what we could have and they certainly did what they are known to do."

THEN, you can add your personal spin: "I hope I get the chance to show them we are better than what we showed that day. I'd love to never lose to them again! (add a confident smirk for the reporters to lap up)"

BUT, Bentley doesn't have the brains/charisma to pull that off.

Understandable comments from a HC whose...

May 25, 2017, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Not defending Bentley's comments, but I can remember ]

...team was 6-0 coming into the game and finished 11-2 (beating OSU in the Orange Bowl). We absolutely got destroyed that night vs FSU, but the overall talent gap was not nearly as pronounced or as obvious as it was versus the coots last year. Dabo's comments were inspirational versus delusional. No valid comparison in my opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Understandable comments from a HC whose...

May 25, 2017, 11:00 PM

This right here^

No sir, a bad week is throwing 3 picks, fumbling multiple

May 25, 2017, 11:05 PM

times, getting a punt blocked,etc. Giving up FORTY ONE , Four tee friggin one, first downs,umpteen sacks from a 3 man rush, an 80 yard TD drive in less than 48 seconds.....that ain't just having a bad week. That is getting your ### handed to you. It was 35 Zip at the half and if Clemson had just made the plays that were there,PLAYS WE JUST DID NOT MAKE, it would have been 56-0 AT THE HALF!!!

Re: No sir, a bad week is throwing 3 picks, fumbling multiple

May 26, 2017, 6:34 AM

"Volkswagen" is simply saying what coot players say to get the masses stirred. I swear, the coot fan base hangs on everyword of their heroes, even if their heroes don't know jack about what they are talking about. LOL It's actually quite funny. 56-7 was a total asswhippin. Period. This little speech by him will no doubt be brought back up when we take their butts down again in November.

Message was edited by: fencebusters®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post, TheRawPaw...

May 26, 2017, 6:49 AM

and love that avatar.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Bentley's biggest problem...

May 26, 2017, 9:27 AM

His mouth is bigger than his brain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Bentley's biggest problem...

May 26, 2017, 9:52 AM

His brain in his skull is comparable to a BB in the Grand Canyon

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,547
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic