Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting Question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,124

Recruiting Question

May 25, 2017, 5:06 PM

Why is it that recruits seem to get offers in big waves rather than spread out over longer periods of time? What I mean is I frequently see a recruit pick up 5 or more offers in a matter of just a few days. They go from 1-2 offers to 10+ in less than a week for example. Why all at once?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure I'm answering at a high enough level for what you want.

May 25, 2017, 5:09 PM

But my thoughts are, one there are recruiting periods and recruiting dead times. So there is probably more offers during an active time. Also, if it's because they've met with him or something like that to protect the athlete the school may say ok we are going to do a practice at such and such a time or week and several may come to watch. Plus you may avoid exam time, spring break etc. I'm sure some may give you more specifics but this are my initial thoughts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lots of resource constrained schools

May 25, 2017, 5:17 PM

just play follow the leader. Iowa State is the team that most people are saying just offers who the big guys do at this point. It's very difficult to find diamond in the rough players because once they announce a big offer on twitter, everyone notices.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lots of resource constrained schools

May 25, 2017, 5:28 PM

It definitely has a 'follow the leader' sort of vibe. Not in every case, but the ones I'm referring to. You'll see a kid on Twitter: "blessed to receive an offer from so&so..." And then their entire Twitter feed is just pages of them saying the same thing with different schools. Sometimes just days or even hours apart. Like one or two offers triggered an avalanche

Re: Recruiting Question

May 25, 2017, 6:01 PM

I think most high schools had their spring games the last couple of weeks and I assume these games are attended by recruiters. There's a lot of offers going out in the last week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, in one staff's case, they tell all

May 25, 2017, 6:10 PM

of their 3-4 recruits to "claim" offers from other big schools to fool their idiot fanbase. Opposing coaches aren't able to speak publicly about recruits so most offers can't really be proven.

Re: Well, in one staff's case, they tell all

May 25, 2017, 8:33 PM

Didn't know that was a thing

recruiting is 100% self-reported by the recruits

May 26, 2017, 11:00 AM

and the coaches cannot refute/confirm anything about high school players. look up the name "Unique Brissett II" if you want to see just how crazy things can get

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,124
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic