Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Josh Allen, Wyoming QB vs DW
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,356

Josh Allen, Wyoming QB vs DW

May 25, 2017, 10:45 AM

Allen getting lots of love as a possible #1 overall pick for next year's draft. 6'5'' 220 lbs, strong arm, and mobile. I can see why the analysts are in love with him. But do his stats/performances merit him going that high?

Allen 2016..................Watson 2016

3203 Pass Yds...............4593 Pass Yds
56% Completion..............67% Completion
28 TDs......................41 TDs
15 INTs.....................17 INTs
512 Rush Yds................629 Rush Yds
7 Rush TDs..................9 Rush TDs

Watson got a lot of flak for his interceptions and supposed "accuracy issues"...why aren't people saying the same about Allen? Watson was way more productive and efficient while throwing just 2 more picks than Allen had (Watson played 2 more games as well.)

Not to mention the superior competition Watson faced...Allen played ONE game against a power 5 opponent (Nebraska) and his stat line was as follows:

16-32 passing, 189 yds, 1 TD, 5 INTs, 7 yds rushing. Wyoming lost 52-17

Now granted, Allen isn't surrounded by the talent that Watson has. But we're talking about the potential #1 overall pick here. Nebraska was decent last year, but they are by no means world-beaters...only beat Purdue by 13, Indiana by 5, and Minnesota by 7 while losing 40-10 to Iowa and 62-3(!) to THE Ohio State team that would go on to get thumped by Watson & co in the playoffs.

So what am I missing here? Is this another case of scouts falling in love with measurables and ignoring the actual abilities demonstrated on the field when it matters? In what world would ANYBODY rather have this guy at the helm over DESHAUN FREAKING WATSON???

It will be interesting to see how Allen's play this season shakes out. He will definitely be under the microscope, so we should get a good feel for how well he plays under pressure

Good thing he will be long gone by the time the Tigers make their way up to Laramie for the long anticipated showdown with the Cowboys ;)

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pro-style, multi-read offense***

May 25, 2017, 10:54 AM

True

May 25, 2017, 10:57 AM

Passing yards will reflect DW favorably because of that. But what about completion pct and INTs?

completion percentage is always higher

May 25, 2017, 12:21 PM

in a spread offense. more 1-1 matchups and it's an offense predicated on getting the ball out to playmakers and getting to the next down. Allen's interceptions are a bit high, but do you know how many were on tipped balls? routes that receivers cut off incorrectly? interceptions are a stat that ESPN talking heads get hung up on. scouting departments understand that not all INTs are created equal

I just have a lot of trust

May 25, 2017, 12:26 PM

in Craig Bohl and Brent Vigen. they're great at working with their QBs run very multiple offenses that ease the transition to the next level. I don't see Josh Allen as some flash in the pan. they're going to give Iowa everything they've got come week 1

Re: completion percentage is always higher

May 25, 2017, 1:08 PM [ in reply to completion percentage is always higher ]

I enjoy your clear reasoning and lack of bullpoop. +1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

somethin, something SCREW JAKE BENTLEY***

May 25, 2017, 1:40 PM

True, good analysis***

May 25, 2017, 2:39 PM [ in reply to completion percentage is always higher ]

Re: completion percentage is always higher

May 25, 2017, 3:02 PM [ in reply to completion percentage is always higher ]

Agree. About jalf of DW interceptions were not his fault.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's another Brad Kaaya/Logan Thomas conversation

May 25, 2017, 10:59 AM

piece that'll likely die down.

wish him the best, but every year they pick a few QBs that have the measurables(but not the stats/success) and tout them as the next big thing. I can't remember the last time it actually panned out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Brad Kaaya needs to sell off

May 25, 2017, 11:48 AM

a few vowels. It will supplement the almost nonexistent football income.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN hates Clemson

May 25, 2017, 11:59 AM

I thought everyone knew that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Josh Allen, Wyoming QB vs DW

May 25, 2017, 12:05 PM

Our guy got his huge contract.....All I care about...Hope Josh does well for himself.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

May 25, 2017, 12:11 PM

Once again, it all comes down to the inches. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2017, 12:20 PM

Large discrepancy in number off attempts too. That reflects the offense, but still. Allen: 373 attempts, 15 pick. Deshaun Watson: 579 attempts, 17 picks.

May 25, 2017, 12:21 PM

But he is big and white so he will automatically get the "looks like a quarterback" label right off the bat.

Just give it a year. These guys always have a year or so

May 25, 2017, 3:09 PM

where they just get all hype, and then their last year before they turn pro they start getting picked apart from every direction. Allen and Darnold will both get scrutinized next year and the criticisms will start coming out, just like they did last year for Watson.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,356
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic