Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson just can't get over the hump in basketball:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Clemson just can't get over the hump in basketball:

May 24, 2017, 3:55 PM

I'm a UVa fan, but I'm also an ACC fan, so I'm a fan of all of the ACC teams.

Clemson needs to raise the money to build a new arena. Whether taxpayers would help out, or whether it has to be done with all private funding, they need to build a new arena.

Just fixing up Littlejohn over and over is not the answer if you want to build a power in men's basketball. :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really appreciate the insight....maybe UVA could take the

May 24, 2017, 4:17 PM

same advice and tear down the football stadium and start from scratch. Pergolas are not the answer if you want to build a power (or just become competitive) in football. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really appreciate the insight....maybe UVA could take the

May 25, 2017, 10:16 PM

I agree with you actually. Virginia needs to fill in the end of Scott Stadium, so that it looks like a big-time stadium!

Who said we want to build a power in basketball?***

May 24, 2017, 4:21 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Who said we want to build a power in basketball?***

May 25, 2017, 10:37 PM

Okay, :) maybe you don't want to be good in basketball.

The best Clemson team I've seen was when Larry Nance was a junior.
Remember, they started three 6-10 players at the same time?
They went 23-9.

76-77 team was probably the best ever 22-6 and

May 26, 2017, 12:01 AM

skip wise could have been on that team

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm gonna stop ya after that

May 24, 2017, 4:31 PM

first sentence there, sport. Being a fan of so many teams makes it sound like you can easily claim the titles of other teams.....sounds kinda SECish.

Sorry but I lost all respect for your opinion when you said

May 24, 2017, 4:35 PM

you're "a fan of all of the ACC teams." "All" is inclusive of trash like UNC, Duke, VT, GT, Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse and all the other ACC trash. How about you worry about the Hoos and we'll worry about the Tigers?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Thanks for your concern

May 24, 2017, 4:46 PM

BUT how many basketball national titles has uva won since building rage fancy John Paul Jones Arena?

Crickets?

How about ACC titles?

I get it.

If you are sincere in your concern, I did appreciate it and understand.

A building alone does not transform your program. It takes commitment. I for one believe that the new facility is very nice. However, I think that rebuilding it twice shows our lack of commitment to do it right the first time.

I think another negative message that our administration is sending is that there doesn't seem to be any pressure on Browne to improve. The fans sense it, and I'm sure the recruits sense it.

Re: Thanks for your concern

May 24, 2017, 4:47 PM

Oops! Typing on the phone.

Sorry on the auto complete.

Re: Thanks for your concern

May 25, 2017, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Thanks for your concern ]

I don't really like the way JPJ looks either. Someone decided to chop the end of the building off to make it look more "Thomas Jefferson-like."

Re: Clemson just can't get over the hump in basketball:

May 24, 2017, 4:54 PM

One thing came to mind when I read your post .
What kind of fan is a fan of other teams .

Conference love is really no love at all .

Go Tigers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Agreed. I don't even like most Clemson fans...

May 24, 2017, 5:10 PM

much less other teams.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Agreed. I don't even like most Clemson fans...

May 24, 2017, 5:11 PM

Lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Agreed. I don't even like most Clemson fans...

May 24, 2017, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Agreed. I don't even like most Clemson fans... ]

never saw this poast and wish i had

this is +1 all day, every day. and, it's hof material

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

May 25, 2017, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson just can't get over the hump in basketball: ]

Conference love is no love at all? LOL.
When I was growing up, at one time or another, I was a fan of all of the ACC teams. There were 8 teams back then. I wore the sneakers of every team in the league!

Clemson is a football school

May 24, 2017, 4:55 PM

...the other sports fill in gaps between football games .

DB23

May 24, 2017, 5:04 PM

It isn't the stadium; it's the coach. Just like you guys couldn't win with Leitao in a new stadium.

Pete Gillen and Jeff Jones weren't much better.***

May 24, 2017, 5:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

May 25, 2017, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson just can't get over the hump in basketball: ]

It's the coach? I don't know about that. It's also the high school talent in the state. :)

Do you think Clemson is going to get one of the best college coaches in the country to come coach hoops there?

Our new arena is quite nice, and the important aspect

May 25, 2017, 5:17 PM

is not the arena itself, but the player experience - locker room, weight room, film room, meeting rooms, player lounge, etc. Those were all addressed with this recent renovation, so I don't agree with your logic on Clemson needing to construct a new stadium. That's basically what we did - the only difference between what we did and building a new one is that we didn't need to spend the time or money tearing down the old one and building a new structure.

The challenge for Clemson will be this: Do we remain committed to basketball success, and continue keeping the facilities modern and new? Or do we pat ourselves on the back for putting money into basketball, stop paying attention to the facility arms race over the next 10-15 years, and then wonder why our facilities are outdated again (and why we can't sign top prospects)?

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Our new arena is quite nice, and the important aspect

May 25, 2017, 10:26 PM

Well, Clemson has some things going against it in basketball.

-not much high school talent in the state
-old basketball coliseum
-reputation as a football-only school
-no winning tradition

So, maybe facilities aren't the only problem. But they're a problem you can change with money!

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic