Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pole: Which position requires the most skill to play...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,009

Pole: Which position requires the most skill to play...

May 24, 2017, 9:18 AM

Which position requires the most skill to play...    [Results]

First Base
Second Base
Shortstop
Third Base
2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Message removed by Author

May 24, 2017, 9:37 AM

Message removed by Author

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh boy.***

May 24, 2017, 9:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: dacted***

May 24, 2017, 9:39 AM

Dancer.

May 24, 2017, 10:35 AM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

doggy***

May 24, 2017, 10:53 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Message removed by Arthur

May 24, 2017, 11:24 AM

too sectual for kids' eyes.

Re: Pole: Which position requires the most skill to play...

May 24, 2017, 11:40 AM

I chose SS, but I've always thought 2nd base and SS bc I have played both but, 2nd was my position. In my years of baseball, there were a lot more right handed hitters and SS was a hot spot. But now with it being about equal of right and left handed hitters, SS and 2nd are now hot spots for balls being crushed to both those spots. Also in my day, there was no such thing as metal bats in HS baseball, talking late 60's beginning of 71.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. 2nd can take a lot of skill...

May 24, 2017, 12:47 PM

especially knowing how to effectively turn a double play and what you need to cover and when.

Re: Agree. 2nd can take a lot of skill...

May 24, 2017, 2:45 PM

Exactly, both positions are equally important with it's own set of obligation for the two middle spots on both sides of the 2nd base bag. Both players must be instant quick with their body and brain at once. I was I would say an average hitter, mostly line drive/ground ball hitter to both sides of the field. Never hit but 1 HR in 4 years of HS baseball but, I was really quick and good with a glove @ 5'11 and 170 lbs....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet I know at least 1 of the idjits that voted for 1B***

May 24, 2017, 2:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

May 24, 2017, 2:36 PM

I grew up playing second base. It was great because the throw is shorter and I never had much of an arm, but the ball doesn't come off the bat quite as hot as it does to a third baseman, so you really can't mess around and lob throws over to first either.

The nuances of second and short only get more complicated as you go up the ranks. I never got beyond high school ball, but just knowing who was covering where, who had the bag on double plays, and also needing quick feet and fast hands just to turn double plays is a lot to think about.

That being said, I think every position has certain things that make it more difficult than the next.

May 24, 2017, 2:51 PM

After time and practice goes by it becomes repetitive for your side of the bag!!!

May 24, 2017, 2:55 PM

Oh yeah, I'm like 6-7 years removed from high school baseball, but I could still probably go out there and be able to field the position and know where to cover in certain situations. It becomes second nature, but there's a lot more to each infield position than a casual fan would think.

May 24, 2017, 5:11 PM

Just 6-7 years out of HS, all you would have to do is get back into baseball shape.

May 24, 2017, 5:17 PM

Goalie in Hockey ... you gotta be right flexible and carry around all that cush'nin

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 24, 2017, 5:52 PM

In baseball, I think catcher. You have to be able to frame pitches, have a ridiculously strong yet accurate arm to throw guys out, very agile and quick to be able to block pitches, not to mention having the intelligence to call pitches during a game as you get higher in the game.

In football, I think definitely quarterback, especially in this day and age. Very strong accurate arm to make the passes, high high intelligence to make the right reads and pick apart coverages, also very quick to evade sacks and good legs to run when the pocket breaks down.

Shortstop in baseball would be a good runner up, along with first base, and then in football, I think defensive end as well, having to be strong and powerful to stop the run but also incredibly quick to get to the quarterback

May 24, 2017, 7:32 PM

The hardest position in baseball, no doubt it's the pitcher!!!

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,009
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic