Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Actual FGF post...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Actual FGF post...

May 23, 2017, 12:15 PM

Regarding ACC vs SEC money...

"Maybe, if we were in the ACC we might not be able to recruit as well, sure wouldn't have had the revenue we have received the last few years, I also like going on the road to play in big, loud football stadiums. Agree the basketball is better but you can't have everything."

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/sec-vs-acc-money.232671/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

LOL! Classic coots and their liberal agenda***

May 23, 2017, 12:17 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$CU would be a doormat in either league...

May 23, 2017, 12:23 PM

so if they're going to suck, they might as well get paid a little more for doing it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

How does Clemson afford a $60 million facility while

May 23, 2017, 12:23 PM

little bro can only spend $35 million?

And how is SCar in so much debt?

I would love numbers gurus to figure this out for us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Harsh reality.***

May 23, 2017, 12:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Take it the baseball bored***

May 23, 2017, 12:26 PM

"Hey we're losing, but at least we're playing in loud

May 23, 2017, 12:26 PM

stadiums"
Nice.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

One reply predicts ESPN bankruptcy

May 23, 2017, 12:31 PM

which may or may not happen. As long as Disney can cover the losses, they will have a hard time getting Chapter 11. (I don't claim to be an expert on bankruptcy laws so don't pounce)

The amusing part was the assumption that the money promised to the ACC would not happen but that the SEC gravy train would continue. The idiotic SEC and NFL contracts that ESPN brass negotiated are the reason they are in trouble now and those contracts will be the first to die or at least re-structured at a much lower price if there is a bankruptcy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One reply predicts ESPN bankruptcy

May 23, 2017, 12:36 PM

Often times it is hard to believe that some of those coot posters are actually college educated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what makes you think they are?***

May 23, 2017, 12:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

A USuCk degree shouldn't count as college educated.***

May 23, 2017, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: One reply predicts ESPN bankruptcy ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which one of the posters do you think is?***

May 23, 2017, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Re: One reply predicts ESPN bankruptcy ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure ESPN can claim bankruptcy.

May 23, 2017, 12:38 PM [ in reply to One reply predicts ESPN bankruptcy ]

A person can create different LLCs to protect their companies from each other.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

espn is a corporation, so is abc; Disney's company that owns espn.

May 23, 2017, 12:54 PM

Arent LLCs designed to protect personal assets from business assets? Not separation between companies/corporations assets?

Espn is still profitable even with all these lost subscribers

May 23, 2017, 12:46 PM [ in reply to One reply predicts ESPN bankruptcy ]

The future may change that, didn't amazon buy the rights to Thursday night games for the NFL this fall?

I don't think there will be a bankruptcy either

May 23, 2017, 8:38 AM

I was talking about the notion that if it did happen, the ACC would lose their ESPN money but the SEC would keep theirs.

That's nonsense.

They never play Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss or Auburn

May 23, 2017, 12:49 PM

Yet, they claim SEC. Since 2010 they've played LSU twice, Auburn twice, Bama and Ole Miss ZERO times! In the last SIX seasons! I'm sorry, but you don't get to claim any conference kudos when you don't ever play the best in the conference. They remind me of the pilot fish

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They never play Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss or Auburn

May 23, 2017, 12:55 PM

Nah...they're more like lampreys...and just as friggin' ugly, to boot!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They may be like a pilot fish,

May 23, 2017, 1:17 PM [ in reply to They never play Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss or Auburn ]

but not that one. They are more like the pilot fish you can't see in the picture that is loitering around the sharks anu s

We play more good SECW teams than they do

May 23, 2017, 1:40 PM [ in reply to They never play Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss or Auburn ]

just saying.

Recruit as well???

May 23, 2017, 2:18 PM

What the....? He thinks they recruit better now than they would if they were in the ACC?!?? Their recruiting sucks wind especially for an SEC school...essentially at the level of an App St or Coastal Carolina.

The bitter news for them is that conference participation is basically irrelevant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic