Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tips on surviving a united airlines customer service experience?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,181

Tips on surviving a united airlines customer service experience?

May 22, 2017, 5:11 PM

Me and the wife are headed to Hawaii on Sunday. Quite excited. Wondering should we just roll tape from the beginning or wait until I say something smart ### and then roll tape so that if they beat the #### out of me we just have that part. Go pro?? I prefer to just fly but if push comes to shove I've thought about sitting down rocking back and forth and muttering things about mushrooms and smurfs under my breath until they beat the shot out of me more and ask my wife to video tape. Thoughts/suggestions?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hawaii? Why even vacation to a place with all those

May 22, 2017, 5:13 PM

American hustle and bustle inconveniences? It's not too late to re-book your trip to beautiful Rwanda.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Unlike talking to the locals. I heard they like it when you ask them where

May 22, 2017, 5:16 PM

You can exchange money and what language the menu will be in. Plus I hear the cell phone service is fantastic. That way I won't come back to a lot of work.

I like not unlike***

May 22, 2017, 5:17 PM

If there's one thing the locals in Hawaii love is the

May 22, 2017, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Unlike talking to the locals. I heard they like it when you ask them where ]

tourists who visit their islands. If you make an effort to get away from the resorts and touristy places and hit up some local bars and hangouts while wearing a flowered shirt and lei you'll be treated with a lot of respect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I was thinking about knocking on someone's door in a Tahitian hut somewhere and

May 22, 2017, 5:24 PM

Demanding Hawaiian Punch and Hawaiian pizza. But I like your suggestion of a flowered shirt. I'll probably where a straw hat and then dark socks up to my knees and sandals.

Re: If there's one thing the locals in Hawaii love is the

May 22, 2017, 6:27 PM [ in reply to If there's one thing the locals in Hawaii love is the ]

Just wear a pair of flowered shorts sleeveless T's and flip flops, and you won't look so mainland. But until you get the Hawaiian speech and lingo down, don't worry about fitting in. The second you start talking they will know that you're so mainland. Treat them with full respect, and you will be treated the same. It took me almost a year to get their speech down, but until then, I only fit in with the few local friends I made right after I move there. But after I started talking and sounding like them, I fit in in Hawaii and with all the locals. Just have a good time and enjoy the trip. Hang out on the north end of the island, with luck, you will find someone to show you their personal spots to get away from the tourist. If you are going to Oahu, any where around Waikiki is a tourist trap, in that section, all they want is as much of your money they can get. But the Polynesian cultural center in Waikiki is a cool place to go. Rent a car, hit H-1 hwy out toward Haleiwa and the north shore and enjoy your self, and enjoy your vacation....

the more you can look like Magnum PI the better.***

May 23, 2017, 1:08 AM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Just wear the lei they give you when you get off the plane

May 23, 2017, 7:32 AM [ in reply to If there's one thing the locals in Hawaii love is the ]

24/7. It helps you blend in with the locals.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I'm bringing the wife, I'll be lucky to get Leid at all.***

May 23, 2017, 7:37 AM

Oh boy.***

May 23, 2017, 7:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Is Hawaii even a 3rd world country?

May 23, 2017, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Hawaii? Why even vacation to a place with all those ]

Lol, amateur hour

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was on a United flight on Friday from GSP to Chicago

May 22, 2017, 5:18 PM

where a guy was removed from the plane. But it wasn't because of anything United did, except ask him to CHANGE seats. He acted like a punk and started making a scene.

I don't know, maybe he was hoping for a scene so he could sue them.

Just don't be a prick and things will be fine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: Tips on surviving a united airlines customer service experience?

May 22, 2017, 5:25 PM

If they ask you to get the fk off the plane, just get up and leave the plane!!!

This goes against my plan for saving for kids college.***

May 22, 2017, 5:47 PM

Turn off your phone. I can't even conceive of something

May 22, 2017, 5:26 PM

worse than being on vacation in Hawaii and having your phone go off. Also, I would consider attending a "re-acclimation spa." Getting back into the grind of harsh existence is nearly unbearable if you haven't properly cleansed.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can you bring back some drugs for a

May 22, 2017, 5:51 PM

Friend? Just place it in your carry on bag or wife's purse ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: can you bring back some drugs for a

May 22, 2017, 6:11 PM

Better than the purse, just wrap it in tin foil and tape it to your winky.....yes, the whole gram.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

i'd opt for a seat...

May 22, 2017, 6:19 PM

on the wing and save yourself embarrassment and worrying about a video.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just got off a delta flight...

May 22, 2017, 6:20 PM

No luck here

Why don't you just say "I'm going to Hawaii! Jealous?"***

May 22, 2017, 6:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Flew United to Hawaii on 13th...

May 22, 2017, 8:43 PM

Still here and getting married tomorrow...

Our experience was this. Flew first class out with layover in San Francisco. On that leg we get on plane and the pod we are seated in is non-operational. Couldn't charge phones nor watch videos.

Complained to United via email while in the air. Monday I got an email giving both of us $500 towards a future ticket. I was pleasantly surprised.

Now...if they hadn't received the bad press over last month, I don't think we get that much..

Just my two cents...

Yes...fly another airline !!!***

May 22, 2017, 10:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Yes...fly another airline !!!***

May 23, 2017, 6:43 AM

Sounds cootish to me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bought the tickets a few weeks before all the stuff went down.

May 23, 2017, 7:36 AM [ in reply to Yes...fly another airline !!!*** ]

I hope with all the bad press they will be on their best behavior. I'm really an easy guy to get along with. If they told me to get off I probably would but it does bug me that they oversale tickets. I don't get to go on vacations like this very often. I was taking her to Cozumel back in 2010 and we were told the plane wasn't oversold and there was no guarantee they could out me in later that day. I was asked to give up our tix for another couple. I felt like a #### but I said I bc again I don't get to take her on trips alone very often. So even though I'm a nice guy usually I'm afraid they'd see my bad side if I got bumped. I get they have to for profit yadayadayada. But the problem is I ask for leave months in advance and that's my only window then we get cafe for our children lined up and then you show up and they say sorry we're overbooked but we can probably get you out in a day or two? Not going to sit well I won't lie. Hopefully with everything going on they will be easy to work with.

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,181
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic