Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Planning my next vacation! (pole)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Planning my next vacation! (pole)

May 22, 2017, 4:49 PM

I've heard 3rd world countries are a great destination for some R & R. So Tigernet....where should I spend my next couple weeks off???

Note: I would prefer a more developed 3rd world country with ample cell coverage so I don't get bombarded with work upon my return to the harsh reality of American life. TIA!

Where should I take my next vacation?    [Results]

Somalia
Myanmar
Yemen
Bangladesh
Sierra Leone
Colombia
Columbia, SC
Mozambique
Haiti
badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ahh, no love for North Korea?

May 22, 2017, 4:51 PM

I hear it gets real dark there at night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I looked into N Korea...

May 22, 2017, 4:56 PM

But apparently they STILL haven't finished building that big fancy hotel of theirs...good riddance! How do they expect their tourism sector to take off without a completed resort? SMDHIA

Bring several Bibles with you for the locals

May 22, 2017, 5:00 PM

You'll get free accommodations for life... and an authentic 3rd world experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Planning my next vacation! (pole)

May 22, 2017, 4:52 PM

Detroit would work, I hear they have good phone coverage

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I picked Haiti

May 22, 2017, 5:00 PM

Because I'm guessing since all the working suckers in America went down there to help them rebuild that they probably installed some nice cell phone towers and built a Publix or two. That way you won't get too overly used to the 3rd world good life and still be reminded of the pure he!l that awaits your return to the hustle and bustle of America.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I picked Haiti

May 22, 2017, 5:04 PM

All those places are overwhelmed by drugs. However, Columbia, S.C. has nothing to see. Would be a boring week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like Haiti has really elevated their game of late...

May 22, 2017, 5:05 PM [ in reply to I picked Haiti ]

At this rate, they will only be a 2nd world country before I can get down there. Bummer, better scratch them from consideration

Re: Sounds like Haiti has really elevated their game of late...

May 22, 2017, 8:04 PM

Another perk is you can really go to a resort in The Dominican and just say you're in Haiti!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like Haiti has really elevated their game of late...

May 26, 2017, 6:53 AM [ in reply to Sounds like Haiti has really elevated their game of late... ]

2nd world is Russian .

You knew that , right ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

yes

May 26, 2017, 7:55 AM

that's why Russian wasn't listed as one of my possible destinations

HTH

^^^posted in appropriate forum!***

May 22, 2017, 5:07 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^posted in appropriate forum!***

May 22, 2017, 5:59 PM

Check out roatan off the coast of Honduras, or Belize

Re: ^^^posted in appropriate forum!***

May 26, 2017, 6:56 AM

My 1st Mate is from Roatan ...first rate people and a beautiful spot .
His family runs a small resort on Roatan called Anthony's Key ...if you stay there tell them Ollen sent you and you may recieve extra towels at no additional cost or whatever.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 22, 2017, 5:45 PM

I would look into Panama. With the canal and the govt involvement, there's quite a bit of money there for a small Central American country. They don't really gouge you at every turn and the country is TROPICAL! Very secluded places to be had or more urban if you like.

May 22, 2017, 6:43 PM

Agree with Panama .. the coca there is the best

Bangladesh. Bring us back a Bengal Tiger

May 22, 2017, 10:43 PM

for the campus.

May 22, 2017, 11:21 PM

Carcass Venezuela gets my vote. There's a charming little diner in downtown named the animal shelter. Make a reservation in advance, in case they are out hunting down the freshest vitals the city has to offer. The locals are passionate about the basics in life, such as shelter, food and water, which will only serve to enrich your experience there. You'll dread coming back to the H3ll that is your life!

Is their guinea pig fresh?

May 23, 2017, 11:03 AM

It's important

May 23, 2017, 12:13 AM

I've been to Cayman, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Yucatan, Cartegena (Colombia), Nicaragua and Costa Rica (5 times). Costa Rica with a good local driver/guide is a fun vacation with many options (surfing, rapids rafting, mountain hiking, great beaches, a dozen volcanoes, waterfalls, clear blue blue water rivers and natural blue water pools, fifty 12000-foot tall mountains, horseback riding, hot springs, trail and riverboat animal watching) for adventure; we've only been to a few places twice. There are still many, lovely CR places we haven't been, and I would love to go to CR again. But try to stay out of San Jose, CR, as much as possible -- just a big city with big city issues. CR has friendly people with excellent Verizon (and local company) cell phone service. Moderate accommodations are reasonable (our winter is high season) and very clean. Food is good and cheap. But don't eat ceviche from roadside vendors. Do drink bottled beverages -- agua, cerveca, and cold sodas are widely available -- not tap water. Wildlife is amazing everywhere except for San Jose. Mountain roads are tricky and signs are often missing. Fun! Hope you have a great trip!

^^^^^^This guy gets it***

May 23, 2017, 11:03 AM

My suggestion would be some place with a pole***

May 23, 2017, 11:04 AM

I like your funny words magic man

No Iraq, Pakistan, Iran?

May 23, 2017, 11:10 AM

Wimp.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

"more developed 3rd world country with ample cell coverage"

May 23, 2017, 11:24 AM

Try Northern Mississippi......or maybe the Indian reservation near Gallup, NM, (NW New Mexico and NE Arizona)......there are also some areas in Eastern Ky and in WV that defy modern imagination

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2017, 1:10 PM

Pyongyang, North Korea. Wonderful place.

I hear they have great summer camps

May 26, 2017, 12:04 PM

for the whole family!

Why just a vaca? Move to one of those places so all you have

May 23, 2017, 1:14 PM

to worry about each day is finding food and water!

Ah the good life, where worries are few...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sierra Leone

May 23, 2017, 2:51 PM

She sounds hot

May 23, 2017, 2:53 PM

Dominican Republic

Dominica, West Indies

May 23, 2017, 3:01 PM

you can go hang out with Clemson people there

https://www.clemson.edu/public/archbold/

https://youtu.be/YyyFej1EMN8

Try Six Mile, it's close and qualifies every way.***

May 26, 2017, 1:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic