Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thinking..if Bama's defender "had" been called for holding Scott on last Crush play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 3,680

Thinking..if Bama's defender "had" been called for holding Scott on last Crush play

May 22, 2017, 2:06 PM

As I've read they wanted to happen, so to make ref stop game, call a penalty & Tigers would have to call another play but with time down to 3-5 seconds at most Clemson might have had to go for tying FG.

Any thoughts?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ummmm....

May 22, 2017, 2:09 PM

decline penalty and take the touchdown.... not sure if serious...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, but how bout both our players being thrown to ground

May 22, 2017, 2:16 PM

And no TD but double penalties on them with only seconds to go?

Of course, catching Hunter to foul him would have been fun to watch!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK, but how bout both our players being thrown to ground

May 22, 2017, 2:24 PM

Game cannot end on a defensive penalty. We'd have been given an untimed down if the clock had run out.

So happy we got it done without needing that.

I was surprised the refs didn't review the spot of the Mike Williams PI call that put the ball on the 2. It seems the first contact on that play was outside the end zone.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2017, 3:24 PM

The spot on the PI was irrelevant. They called PI in the end zone and gave us he ball at the 2. The correct call should have been PI at THE 2. It's a spot foul at that point. Same result.

And same result at the end...we win !

Correct answer... +1.***

May 22, 2017, 5:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2017, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Re: OK, but how bout both our players being thrown to ground ]

I don't think you could review that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then untimed down

May 22, 2017, 2:48 PM [ in reply to OK, but how bout both our players being thrown to ground ]

Wayne runs in for td then runs out and pitches to watson who throws it to hunter for another td. Refs gives clemson 12 points.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Destiny.

May 22, 2017, 2:18 PM

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

24 to go!

May 22, 2017, 2:22 PM

Let's tone down the Rum and Cokes' and post some legendary bullcrap. I believe in you bill.

ROH! Let's get #### done today!

Re: Thinking..if Bama's defender "had" been called for holding Scott on last Crush play

May 22, 2017, 2:30 PM

Equally relevant!

May 22, 2017, 2:31 PM

I value this statement!

this is already a "thing" in the NFL

May 22, 2017, 3:37 PM

where teams intentionally hold to run out the clock. It's a solid strategy to use the rules to your advantage.

Bama would have made us kick the tying FG if they had been successful, then took their chances in OT.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/11/28/13764784/holding-intentional-deliberate-penalties-49ers-ravens-nfl

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

check out the 49ers here

May 22, 2017, 3:38 PM

^^^^ Whoa!

May 22, 2017, 3:48 PM

Now that's some flagrant cheating rat there!

well, that's exactly what Bama did on the next-to-last play

May 22, 2017, 3:57 PM

grabbed Mike Williams before he had a chance to catch the pass. Their penalty was to move the ball up closer, but no TD. Plus the clock ran, no reset of clock.

If they had done it successfully on the Renfrow play, ball would have been moved to the 1, with 1 second left. Dabo would have been forced to make a huge decision, to kick and tie, or run one do-or-die play for the TD

My only thoughts are that Saban didn't earn his paycheck

May 22, 2017, 4:14 PM

Clearly that was the superior strategy in that situation.

Would have really been awful for the fans, though.

if bama grabs all the recievers on the last play

May 22, 2017, 5:58 PM

i like my chances with watson running it in from the 2

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought that also.***

May 23, 2017, 1:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I think they were told to not let anyone get...

May 23, 2017, 1:04 AM

beside them. Knowing that half a step is all either of our WRs need they were instructed to jam then up at the LOS but do it while backing up a step. That way if the WR pushed off the call would be obvious for the defender would have been pushed down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thinking..if Bama's defender "had" been called for holding Scott on last Crush play

May 23, 2017, 1:12 AM

the did it on the final two plays...to Williams and Scott...they just couldn't catch up with Renfrow

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bill, you make sense to me. Not sure whats wrong with these knuckleheads

May 23, 2017, 1:39 AM

It would have been, in hindsights, a smart play by Bama to throw both WRs down.. then, with time off the clock, we have to kick FG instead of go for the win.

null

May 23, 2017, 2:24 AM

If Hunter was grappled to the ground, DW4 walks that in all day long. No question he would have scored.

I've always believed that Bama planned to get penalized on

May 23, 2017, 10:54 AM

that play and force The Tigers to kick a FG with no time on the clock.

Hunter was just too quick for them....!

Replies: 23
| visibility 3,680
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic