Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fridays are for Crootin'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,010

Fridays are for Crootin'

May 19, 2017, 11:50 AM

With the quotes from Upshaw that we only have 10 spots it's clear that we're nearing our limits for this class. I think that Dabo knows some of his guys will go pro after this year, these conversations hopefully have occurred between players and coaches. We have a board of names that most people are familiar with at this time, but also a group of players that the coaches seem to be playing the long game with.

I think the current board looks something like this:

Jamaree Salyer
Zamir White / Devon Lawrence

Christian Wilkins -- Darnell Jeffries / Allim McNeil
Deon Cain -- Jordyn Adams / Justyn Ross / WR
Mitch Hyatt -- Jackson Carman
Clelin Ferrell -- KJ Henry / Taylor Upshaw
Mark Fields -- Kyler McMichael / Anthony Cook / DB

There are a couple wildcard players out there too that I think our staff is going to keep strong contact with in case of decommits or further attrition. That list is something like this:

Dameon Pierce, RB. He just decommitted from Bama. Went to the same high school as Kirby Smart so UGA seems like a potential landing spot. Is this a sign of Zamir trending our way?

Mustapha Muhammad, TE. Will take things all the way to NSD with Texas as the likely landing spot. If we see TE transfers or a poor season from Texas, I could see the coaches going after him hard.

Brennan Eagles, WR. Texas lean, but we are WRU. Like Muhammad, if Texas struggles expect our coaches to spend quite a bit of time in Texas after the season.

Richard Gouraige, OT. Definitely behind Carman, but he was probably our highest rated tackle before Jackson Carman started stirring the pot listing us as his leader.

Trey Hill, OG. Looks to be trending UGA's direction, but if we have the room pairing him and Salyer would be one of our strongest interior OLs in recent memory.

Matthew Jones, OL/DT. Very quite recruitment at this point. Not clear what side of the ball he fits on. The mysterious player that Dabo made the trip to Brooklyn for.

Tyson Campbell, CB. Will be nearly impossible to get him out of the state of Miami. Has played for Mike Rumph his whole life and most expect that to continue.

Patrick Surtain Jr., CB. LSU is the leader and they are to DBs what we are to WRs. Game respects game.

Verone McKinley, CB. Has spoken highly of Clemson, but hasn't visited this spring. With his decision nearing (by the end of this month according to DHood) it looks like it's between Oklahoma and Texas A&M.

Derrik Allen, S. My favorite prospect in this entire class. Committed to Notre Dame, but our coaches DGAF. He's an Atlanta Metro kid with ties to some of the Altanta Metro DBs we've picked up the last few years.

Tyreke Johnson, S. Miami will probably lock down the top group of DBs from the 2017 class. Tyreke Johnson is a super athletic safety that will fit in great with that group. Miami is doing a really good job to arm themselves against Lawrence, Rodgers, and Higgins et al.

Leon O'Neal, S. Attended the spring game so we're doing better with him than some of the other Texas players. I think that he'll take an official to CU in the fall, but we need any Texas player to take an official to have a real shot with them.

DeMarvion Overshown, S. Very similar to Leon O'Neal minus attending the spring game. We'll have to keep contact until the officials start and then see if we're one of the 5 schools he wants to take a look at.

Isheem Young, S. We had an early lead with him, but it looks like he's going to stay in PA for the time being.

Brendon Harris, S. If we strike out on above safeties and want to spoil another Tennessee recruiting class, Brendon Harris would be our guy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

> is the "greater than" sign

May 19, 2017, 12:10 PM

Is that what you meant or is that an arrow??????

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: > is the "greater than" sign

May 19, 2017, 12:20 PM

Should be an arrow. didn't turn out as well at they looked typing out

You forgot about Colson Yankoff.

May 19, 2017, 12:25 PM

We're not in the running for him or anything but still, Yankoff. Can't wait to hear them call his name. Unfortunately, he's going on a two year mission trip so we're gonna have to wait longer. Yankoff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These are the tidbits that prove we're all playing for 2nd***

May 19, 2017, 1:02 PM

Any relation to Youbin Yacinov?***

May 20, 2017, 8:30 PM [ in reply to You forgot about Colson Yankoff. ]

Re: Fridays are for Crootin'

May 19, 2017, 4:28 PM

Besides the obvious 5*'s that are no brainers

I'd love to get McMichael and O'neal. I think both are underrated and would be steals for us. I like O'Neal in the way you like Allen. One of my favorites in the whole class

May 20, 2017, 11:25 AM

Agreed, Jimmy, and you have to like quotes like this one:

"I think deep down, I’m an SEC guy. Then again I’d play for Clemson or an Ohio State or an Oklahoma. There’s a lot of different schools that I can see myself at. I still want to travel this summer and see a lot of different schools. It’s a blessing and a dream come true. "

As long as A&M sputters, which I expect this year, and we get an official....

May 20, 2017, 11:35 AM

It's a cliche but it's rooted in truth. If a player visits Clemson, SC, we have a shot. Hope some of these TX guys come to the Cookout

We'll sign more than ten***

May 19, 2017, 5:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

May 21, 2017, 10:11 AM

I hope everyone is wrong about Jackson

Bc his twitter feed is all OH31-0

Hopefully we are still in it

May 21, 2017, 11:09 AM

Yes

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,010