Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks like we're going to wait on Zamir White before
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Looks like we're going to wait on Zamir White before

May 17, 2017, 2:46 PM

offering another RB.

Tony Elliot stopped by to see Zamir White today according to Anna.

Unless White gave him the cold shoulder, our coaches won't move on another RB until White decides.

Master Teague is suppose to give a top 3 today and we have not offered.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Looks like we're going to wait on Zamir White before

May 17, 2017, 2:51 PM

What is your gut telling you TW ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2017, 2:54 PM

UGA

with a little hope for Clemson.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Agreed !!!

May 17, 2017, 3:01 PM

Our coaches have more than earned the right to getting the benefit of the doubt and in the process have garnered quite a bit of latitude, but in my humble opinion, waiting on White is a mistake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Agreed !!!

May 17, 2017, 3:06 PM

Coaches think this is a down year for RBs. I think they see several prospects as interchangable.

So are you saying...

May 17, 2017, 3:11 PM

we either get White or we don't take a RB in this class?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So are you saying...

May 17, 2017, 3:58 PM

We'll take one.

May 17, 2017, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Agreed !!! ]

What about Devyn Brown in 2019? Is he a game changer?

Priority***

May 17, 2017, 3:59 PM

May 17, 2017, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Agreed !!! ]

Devyn Ford you mean?

May 17, 2017, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks like we're going to wait on Zamir White before ]

Thats the 2nd visit from Clemson to White in the last couple of weeks. I don't think they'd still be visiting if that ship has sailed.

We're the reigning National Champions....that's a lot of clout.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2017, 2:59 PM

That is the wrong thing to do. Teague is not as fast as White but he has the power game. What has Teague done to offend our coaches? We aren't getting White.

May 17, 2017, 3:01 PM

You have yet to offer a take worth a crap

Re: Just my opinion here.....

May 17, 2017, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks like we're going to wait on Zamir White before ]

but, I see Teague as very similar to Choice/Fuller. Hit the line hard. Quick burst and slight movement at the line. Not much top end speed.

We are complacent with that style RB in backup roles. Looking for a game changer, like Spiller/Feaster/etc.. If we have a shot at White - go for it. If we lose Teague waiting on White, we're fine too. Not a huge loss, except for depth IMO.

Feaster, Choice, Fuller, Etienne, and even Rencher get enough. Maybe grab a game changer next year.

May 17, 2017, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks like we're going to wait on Zamir White before ]

I dont really care what a Chicken fan thinks about our recruiting.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Or theirs.....***

May 17, 2017, 4:03 PM

May 17, 2017, 3:02 PM

Maybe we are still right there in it with him, kinda thought the white ship had sailed but could be wrong, that being said I want Devon Lawrence over Master teague. Don't get me wrong I def wouldn't mind Teague just something about Lawrence I really like and want him as our rb take if we miss White over Teague.

May 17, 2017, 3:09 PM

Lawrence is a good back. I watched his film and he looks good. Do we have a reason to believe that we are in the game with White? By the time White commits some other key backs will be gone too. Lawrence according to 247 is strong with Clemson.

May 17, 2017, 3:56 PM

TBH Idk if we are still in it for white. It's up in the air I doubt the coaches would hold an offer to Teague without being a possibility of landing white. Though I don't think we get White I don't think coaches would waste their time and miss on possible gets if we weren't atleast in it with white. But that my opinion plus I have stated many times I like lawerence 2nd most behind white and he got an invite to opening so he will get to showcase his skill bs RBs like white. They don't hand those out for fun he's good enough to earn an invite I think he will surprise a few recruiting ppl there with his performance!

Maybe the other RB offers R being held back

May 17, 2017, 3:59 PM

because no one has impressed them as a back up pick as much as Devon. DL showed out at the Charlotte Open enough to get an invite to the Open Finals.

May 17, 2017, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks like we're going to wait on Zamir White before ]

"We" lol

But i digress....

Yes we have a reason to believe, genius (that's sarcasm by the way..... oh.... better you lol that one up). ..... but yes, our coaches still invest time in him. EOS

I don't understand the attraction to uga nowadays***

May 17, 2017, 3:40 PM

Re: I don't understand the attraction to uga nowadays***

May 17, 2017, 3:44 PM

Lots of people assume they are paying him. Not sure if they are or not but it's a possibility. They've also relied heavily on RBs for awhile and put some good ones in the league.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: I don't understand the attraction to uga nowadays***

May 17, 2017, 3:51 PM

After getting their knees torn up!

Really...which ones !?!?!?!

May 17, 2017, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't understand the attraction to uga nowadays*** ]

Gurley is with St. Louis and Keith Marshall is with Washington

Otherwise, I can't think of another former UGa running back who is on a current NFL roster.

And they have had the best in the country to work with for

May 17, 2017, 4:05 PM

the past 10 to 12 years. And, I don't men top 20 type backs, I mean top 2 or 3.

Moreno was pretty good until he tore an ACL in 2014...

May 17, 2017, 5:42 PM

I don't think he has played a down since.

I'm not worried if he does pick UGA....

May 17, 2017, 4:45 PM

Kids change their minds once they see their beloved team suck it up on the playing field. I've seen it since "soft commitments" back in 2003. Ask XT for example. If UGA has a poor season don't think Dabo and crew won't continue to contact him. All Dabo has to do is win the games he's expected to win. ZW may want to be the focal point of UGAs offense the next few years. May be kinda hard for him to take a backseat to Thomas and Lawrence. I say let's worry about recruiting Carmen and Salyer bc a three star RB can run like a five star behind studs like those two.

Message was edited by: CRAWDAD®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not worried if he does pick UGA....

May 17, 2017, 6:28 PM

^^^^^this.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic