Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Only 10 Scholarships scares me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Only 10 Scholarships scares me

May 16, 2017, 5:09 PM

but I get it. Dabo is an ethical and committed man. He isn't going to offer scholarships he doesn't have with hopes that a few Juniors leave early. You never know what could happen. Mike Williams could have left early if he had a standout Junior year and he had a season ending injury on the first drive. It would also make sense that we haven't offered Master Teague yet as a RB recruit. We also know that KJ Henry probably wont announce until December. So I don't think we add any guys until the Fall. With that being said I think there are some obvious guys who could leave early and open up roster spots. Many will be filled with guys we want bc by November or December we will have a pretty good idea who might leave early. Here are some guys I think we will see leave:

Deon Cain
Mitch Hyatt (only if he gets a 1st Rd grade)
Christian Wilkins (right now only 1st rd lock imo)
Cle Ferrell (if he has the monster season I see him having)

that would put as 14--Easily take a D. Jefferies, KJ Henry, Teague, and Ross---I believe those 4 are the top of our recruiting board with Teague being the exception.

Some Wild Cards:

Milan Richard (would have to be one of the best TE in the nation)
Austin Bryant (again depends on his season)--I hope he stays
JD and Judah Davis: they are smart kids and were Early Enrollees. I could see them graduating and staying as GAs? again this is a wildcard
Mark Fields (this could be a Breeland situation where he feels he needs to leave to prove himself)

if we added the wildcards up that would give us 5 more schollys. putting us at 19

While that would help our future numbers I don't want to just add guys for the sake of adding guys either. But if we get into a situation where guys want to give us a look bc we have more spots opened that we had previously then I'd take them. These would be guys like Master Teague, Upshaw, maybe another Olineman.

Its going to be long way until signing day. Get ready for some night sweats.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget about potential transfers

May 16, 2017, 5:18 PM

Depending on the qb situation this year, I could see at least 1 of them transferring to another school for playing time. Also possible transfers at TE, WR, and DL; really any position where we are pretty loaded especially with young talent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yea thats true***

May 16, 2017, 5:26 PM

Minimum 15. Possibly up to 20.***

May 16, 2017, 5:41 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Minimum 15. Possibly up to 20.***

May 16, 2017, 6:05 PM

That makes sense.

Re: Only 10 Scholarships scares me***

May 16, 2017, 5:46 PM

Go Tigers!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only 10 Scholarships scares me

May 16, 2017, 5:52 PM

Yea see what you saying but I def think we have some guys leave early and also have some transfers. Scotty p dye and Wiggins don't help the numbers bc they would be leaving anyways but I don't think we have filled jakes spot yet. I see like one person said 15-20 I'm going to say 17 I think Dabo has stated he is opening to possible oversign for some players. I think we still add Carmen and Salyer or hill for the oline a rb Teague lawerence and others then DBs if we miss on tops like surtain cooks Johnson, we might start thinking of Kendricks as a DB if what his high school coach is correct in him wanting to play that posistion in college and get 2 more wr in maybe ross Adams or that 4 star we just offered I really like him. Then dline I think will be Henry and Jeffries as last pieces. Those are my thoughts on recruitment in 18 class but it's going to be special forsure

Well, in My

May 16, 2017, 5:57 PM

opinion

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Well, in My

May 16, 2017, 6:03 PM

Sorry I don't really care about grammar unless it was a paper for school. But you are right a lot of errors on my part but don't see why ppl see the need to make comments like this. Adds nothing to the actual conversation at hand, just saying.

May 16, 2017, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Only 10 Scholarships scares me ]

Given the special nature of this class, oversigning is needed this year.

Our depth scares opponents.

May 16, 2017, 6:02 PM

I'm not the least bit concerned about a small 2018 class. However small, it's going to be epic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

May 16, 2017, 6:20 PM

If Hunter wins the QB competition I expect several QB's to transfer.

May 16, 2017, 6:27 PM

At least two!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic