Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What an great weekend to be a Texan - long
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

What an great weekend to be a Texan - long

Apr 30, 2017, 10:31 AM

Growing up just outside Clemson I never had a strong affiliation with a pro team. I was always a casual fan of the Falcons but they were just bad. I pulled for various other teams because of former Clemson players (San Fran, Chicago, etc.). Mainly it was always the Steelers though. Benny Cunningham volunteered with my pee wee team and that along with a hate for the Cowboys made me always gravitate towards the black and yellow. The Panthers came along and I tried to be a fan especially since they were so good early on. Somehow, the connection just wasn't there and I continued with only a casual interest in the NFL.
Ten years ago, I was forced to move to Houston so my daughter could be near the medical center here. No one seemed to care about college sports here, and I slowly began the transformation of becoming a fan of "The League". I had always enjoyed watching games just to see the talent, but could never fall in love with a team. After a couple years here in Houston, I began to pull for the Texans, and then JJ came along. If you know anything about him, you know it's hard not to have a man crush on him. He is an awesome giving person and has done so much for the community. Then they draft Nuk and I was "ALL IN".

Since then, I've come to LOVE the Texans and I couldn't believe it when they moved up to get Watson. I was so excited and then they take Watkins!!! What a great weekend to be a Texan and what a great year to be a fan of my beloved Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Click here to read Gabi's Story

Re: What an great weekend to be a Texan - long

Apr 30, 2017, 10:39 AM

And THEN they sign Tay as an UFA!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Tay went to the Chargers....no?***

Apr 30, 2017, 10:41 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tay went to the Chargers....no?***

Apr 30, 2017, 10:43 AM

That's correct
TAY is a Charger .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2017, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: What an great weekend to be a Texan - long ]

Just checking to see if y'all are on your toes

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

The greater part of my family are Texans with a sizable

Apr 30, 2017, 11:41 AM

number in the Houston area, most all of whom are Texan fans.

Nuk is already a big star; they were excited with Deshaun's selection; and all laughed when I called the team CLEMSON WEST! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2017, 11:51 AM

Mom died in md Anderson. So same here

Go Texans

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic