Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Going to be some smart NFL benefactors if Gallman, Leggett. Big Ben
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Going to be some smart NFL benefactors if Gallman, Leggett. Big Ben

Apr 29, 2017, 10:37 AM

Artavis Scott and other Clemson players are still on the board today.

Sometimes these NFL owners and gm's forget you can improve a players skills but you cannot teach "Heart, Guts, Work Ethic & Desire". These factors IMO separate Clemson's players from the rest of the other players in the 2017 draft. Then you add in Gallman's instincts, Leggett's amazing hands and Big Ben's guts / and his suflex move along with Artavis Scott's work ethics and you have 4 NFL work horses that make you team much better.

To many times I think these NFL evaluators get blinded by the flash and miss out on the Big Ben's, the Jordan Leggett's, the Artavis Scott's and the one and their is only Wayne "Freight Train" Gallman. All of these guys know what it takes to win. They bring their own "BYOG".

Adam Humphries is a great example of the above.

Year after year some of these NFL teams make the same bad draft decisions and yet those same GM's manage to still keep their jobs or end with another NFL team.

Good luck and wish great success for all Clemson Tiger's that are moving on in their careers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep

Apr 29, 2017, 10:43 AM

the draft is won in the midrounds - someone is going to be very happy getting legett and watkins. artavis will be a freakin steal for someone. that's the beauty of the draft. the first two rounds are a "show" - 3rd round through 6th is where you earn your keep

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: yep

Apr 29, 2017, 12:13 PM

great points!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Going to be some smart NFL benefactors if Gallman, Leggett. Big Ben

Apr 29, 2017, 11:03 AM

To be honest, I haven't interviewed all the prospects across the nation nor watched their film. I haven't conducted background checks, haven't attended the combine (just saw what the networks chose to show...so I do know those stats), didn't go to all the pro day workouts. I don't have a staff of scouts on my payroll. I pretty much only know Clemson players.

As a result, I'll wait a few years and see how bad or good the decisions these teams make turn out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2017, 11:46 AM

My post was not meant to sound sarcastic or to indicate that I was an expert on talent evaluation. It was based on past college football seasons and previous NFL draft picks like Cleveland's first pick of Johnny Manziel, and other first or second round picks like Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Tim Couch, Heath Schuler, Brian Bosworth, Aaron Carter and many more can't miss prospects. The same teams seam to keep making the same mistakes in the first and second rounds. Some of the last 2 or 3 drafts have 1st and 2nd round picks where only time will tell. This includes Jamies Winston as well as others in that group.

In the past several drafts Clemson players picked early have excelled. Players like Nuke Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, Gaines Adams, Vic Beasley all 1st or 2nd round picks. There are many more successful Clemson players who were drafted in later rounds.

Sorry if my Orange Blood diehard love for Clemson offended you. But it will never change.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2017, 12:19 PM

wueagle, ur post made sense to me. you strongly feel that these guys will help make some teams stronger/better. The intangibles they have can not be taught, they come from inside and shows the type of character these men are made of. I wish them all well in the coming future. Hopefully they will live their dreams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2017, 1:46 PM

MyfavOrange,

Thanks for your support. It's TNetters like you that give The Clemson Family true meaning. We all can disagree on a topic but some are just cut throats. Not necessarily about this post. But I have seen it in other post. Some can fool themselves but recruits read these type websites. And IMO it could cost us a big time recruit.

If we claim to be one big Clemson Family then we should act like it.

Apr 29, 2017, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Going to be some smart NFL benefactors if Gallman, Leggett. Big Ben ]

Not offended whatsover. If anything I should appologize to you. If everyone was just like me (with regards to the draft), then TigerNet would be silent.

Carrry on.

PS. I never thought of Gaines as an outstanding pro and Sammy hasn't been healthy enough to warrant the cost that Buffalo paid. But I agree with your point that Clemson has been trending up with their hit rate for draftees.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure you know what the word "benefactor" means,

Apr 29, 2017, 2:26 PM

as many people, I've found. I suggest look it up, so you won't get mad at me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic