Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Draft: Artavis Scott, you might be suprised where hits fits
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,878

Draft: Artavis Scott, you might be suprised where hits fits

Apr 29, 2017, 2:32 AM

A little lengthy, but you'll see where I'm going. Besides, this is Clemson's all time receiving yards catcher here. From 2014-2016, he has held the spot. So, he's a worth a good look into where he fits schematically.

As a Tiger Fan, you have watched Scott return kicks, catches passes on slants, short routes, etc.

So, let's look at Scotts positives:
- Kick off return
- Special Teams
- slot reliever

Scott at 5ft.10in and 190 lbs, has a great " first burst of speed" after he catches the ball or after it is handed off. Also, we know " sure hands " Scott, can catch quick passes 15-20 yards deep. He can slip through defenders with his size and speed. Again, sudden burst of quickness compliments his ability to catch passes, and his kick return game. He is a Swiss army knife offensively. Also, He is " shifty " and can change direction quickly. We've seen it many times.

Scott's negatives: Taking off the orange tinted sunglasses, I see getting tackled early if he doesn't get that " fist step ". It seams after he get's going, his speed takes over which makes him valuable in this draft. His height, not a tall receiver. However, in the right system can be an impact player.

Now, which team has smaller wide receivers that throws a lot for quick slant outs 15-20 yards down the field? I know many are doing that with 6'5 TE's, not 5'10 receivers though. Which QB in the League can consistently pull that off? Which team may need an additional punt returner? Which coach prefers smaller WR's , that are shifty, can change direction quickly and are sure hands? Before I let you answer that question for your self, think about this. A more athletic, sure hands, faster Julian Edelman.

It wouldn't surprise me if Old Bill sees the high character of Scott and all that potential and versatility. Wouldn't bother me any to see him playing in NE. Wishing the best for Scott.

Just my take,

ATech

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like it

Apr 29, 2017, 2:37 AM

eyes Heavenward for Artavis!!

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Edelman is faster***

Apr 29, 2017, 2:40 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Edelman is faster***

Apr 29, 2017, 2:53 AM

by 9 tenths of a second, I'll give you that. But body type, and short area quickness will make up for that miniscule difference in 40 time IMO.

Apr 29, 2017, 10:11 AM

Do you mean 9 hundredths? 9 tenths is huge.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Apr 29, 2017, 10:13 AM

"that's what she said"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Draft: Artavis Scott, you might be suprised where hits fits

Apr 29, 2017, 2:42 AM

I've always loved the fact that he refuses to be tackled, even out of bounds when the play is dead. Kind of reminds me of myself with the women that chase me..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2017, 6:47 AM

Concussion protocol? ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2017, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Draft: Artavis Scott, you might be suprised where hits fits ]

women chase you? wish I had that problem.??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ never touched ^^^

Apr 29, 2017, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Draft: Artavis Scott, you might be suprised where hits fits ]

(by a woman) Is how I read this....

??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Apr 29, 2017, 6:59 AM

He will be lucky to be drafted, and if he is, he will be extremely lucky to make a roster. Not a lot of teams throw quick screens and jet sweeps I. The NFL. That's probably at least 75% of Tay's offensive production. Now he is a valuable special teams player and is a great guy, so I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a team.

Apr 29, 2017, 7:06 AM

He does swimmingly well on those toss Jet sweeps !
Don't believe me , ask a Coot ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 29, 2017, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Draft: Artavis Scott, you might be suprised where hits fits ]

I'm beginning to believe that part of the NFL scouts problems with choosing Clemson players is our system. I love it because it works great in college. The NFL is stuck in the past with their antiquated offenses. The college game is so much superior to the pro game.

hey cocklover nat

Apr 29, 2017, 10:21 AM

the nfl is not bypassing clemson players you idiot. seriously, you should never type another sentence. you are by far the worst poaster in tnet history. you are trolling so hard its not funny. jarrett and beasley were the most disruptive force in the super bowl and dw to nuk will be a nightmare for league and unreal for fantasy. you are moronic and know nothing of sport. stop poasting

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

yeah, it's really held back the half dozen receivers we put

Apr 29, 2017, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Draft: Artavis Scott, you might be suprised where hits fits ]

in the NFL in the last 5 years huh?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2017, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Draft: Artavis Scott, you might be suprised where hits fits ]

Curtis Samuel went 2nd round don't at me

Apr 29, 2017, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Draft: Artavis Scott, you might be suprised where hits fits ]

Adam Humphries says "Hi"!??

Tay rarely played the slot, he played outside***

Apr 29, 2017, 8:16 AM

Apr 29, 2017, 10:00 AM

Honestly, him being Clemson's career leader in receptions is blown out of proportion.
He went to avg 12 yards per reception as a Fr, to 10 as a So....then only 8 as a Jr.
Its not quite as hard when you're catching alot of....
well...

short passes.

Is he fast/elusive enough for kick off returns in the NFL?****

Apr 29, 2017, 10:10 AM

Apr 29, 2017, 10:12 AM

I'm with you on the Pats drafting him. I called that yesterday.

Apr 29, 2017, 11:26 AM

Scott MAY end up a good return guy in the NFL, but I always thought that was where he was going
make his money in the NFL. Or, the 3rd receiver.

As of right now, I see him going the Free Agent route.

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,878
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic