Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So does Ben not get drafted?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

So does Ben not get drafted?

Apr 29, 2017, 1:34 AM

If not, why?
That guy was the heart of our D last year, and was a 4* coming out of high school.. seems like he fits the bill for someone to take a chance on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: So does Ben not get drafted?

Apr 29, 2017, 1:35 AM

As much as I hate to say it, BB10 had trouble in coverage and that is likely hurting him now. I expect him to go 4th-6th round

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2017, 1:52 AM

He said himself that he would be a day 3 guy so i expect sometime tomorrow we'll see him along with 2-3 other Clemson players drafted

Apr 29, 2017, 2:09 AM

I think Ben or Jadar go in the 7th round. Watkins in the 4th round. Wayne in the 6th.

6 Clemson Tigers get taken. Outside chance of 7.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Leggett also probably in the 4th***

Apr 29, 2017, 8:11 AM

Apr 29, 2017, 2:06 AM

Being a 4 star doesn't mean anything right now. Even Ben will tell you that.

Yes, Ben does not get drafted. I mean, no, Ben does not

Apr 29, 2017, 2:08 AM

get drafted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think so, meaning I think he gets drafted... perhaps late,

Apr 29, 2017, 2:20 AM

but drafted.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think so, meaning I think he gets drafted... perhaps late,

Apr 29, 2017, 8:07 AM

At worst free agent signing. He will make a great special teams contributor initially.

Re: Yes, Ben does not get drafted. I mean, no, Ben does not

Apr 29, 2017, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Yes, Ben does not get drafted. I mean, no, Ben does not ]

Some of the names I've seen go in the 3rd round, he absolutely DOES get drafted. All these GREAT Bama defenders getting drafted, guess what......Clemson beat the crap out of them to the tune of 1000+ yards and 75 points. It's amazing the "Alabama effect" it has on the NFL. Yet, Gallman, Leggett and Scott still sit while the $EC continues to dominate the picks. It is what it is. Whoever gets those 3 are going to get steals. Boulware is not your best cover LB but you can bet he will be a solid contributor for some team. Jadar Johnson as well. And you tell me that Carlos Watkins is still sitting there, with 82 total tackles, 13.5 TFL and 10.5 sacks with outstanding games against the best competition out there and guys like Wormsley and Adams from Auburn gets picked ahead of him, and some guy out of "Charlotte". I guess I'm just not the "talent scout" some of these guys are in the NFL but I'm not blind either. Watkins will be a solid player whoever picks him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does not get drafted

Apr 29, 2017, 8:05 AM

Gets at least a half dozen calls from teams after draft.

As others have said, it's coverage and probably.height holding him back. He is built a little different than Stephone Anthony.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's probably going to get drafted really late.

Apr 29, 2017, 8:45 AM

His lack of quickness and coverage skills are going to hurt him at the next level. He's also a bit short for a LB. Overall size isn't an issue, the dude is plenty big and strong, but he was only in like the 9th percentile for LB height, and he also has kind of short/alligator arms. He doesn't have a lot of reach.

On the plus side, he's strong, smart, instinctual, tough, and not afraid of hitting anyone. At the very least i think he could be a good special teams player.

He's on the small side to be a NFL linebacker and.......

Apr 29, 2017, 10:12 AM

he's not fast enough to play cornerback and cover receivers.

Slow 40 time and a liability in coverage

Apr 29, 2017, 10:22 AM

With that said, a guy like Vontaze Burfict was looked at the same way and he turned out to be a great linebacker.

Agree!***

Apr 29, 2017, 10:26 AM

Apr 29, 2017, 12:00 PM

He's white, a pound lighter than Foster, and doesn't have enough off-field issues or failed drug tests?

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic