Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did y'all really think our players would get fair coverage?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,808

Did y'all really think our players would get fair coverage?

Apr 28, 2017, 11:44 PM

We've humiliated the favorite schools of so many analysts over the last five years that their butthurt remains strong and this is their way of being petty for what we've done to ruin their world.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did y'all really think our players would get fair coverage?

Apr 29, 2017, 12:01 AM

Yes I did.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We haven't played Northwestern.***

Apr 29, 2017, 1:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 29, 2017, 1:39 AM

All I heard during the second rounds was how many SEC players were being drafted. Good for them.
Who was the best conference in the League? It's hard to admit their mistakes as they continue to be SEC biased and more and more "PC".

Apr 29, 2017, 1:42 AM

You guys act like Clemson is the only school being represented in the draft. You guys act like the scouts and analysts are doing this on purpose... Too much entitlement coming from this fan base right now. Calm down, the bulk of our players will be drafted on day 3.

Apr 29, 2017, 1:59 AM

I can't speak for others, but my post has nothing to do with entitlement or through orange colored glasses. These are national championship players on both sides of the ball, Alabama is getting all taken. We competed and won against those SEC schools that they go on and on about. So, naturally a fan who keeps up with CF, and CU, would see that that most of the Clemson players remaining may be great picks down the road. 3rd-6th round, doesn't matter to me. That was my only point, the second added for clarity. I wish them all well.

Apr 29, 2017, 2:12 AM

And I understand that. But just because our players competed and beat those SEC teams doesn't mean anything right now... I'm not saying you feel entitled but I've seen multiple post about how "we are not getting treated fairly" like, do you know how whiny and soft you sound? The conspiracy People who think the scouts and analysts are doing this on purpose are nothing but entitled babies.

Apr 29, 2017, 2:45 AM

I hear ya man and I get it. I'm not commenting on those posts, just this one pertaining to this subject. No sir- not soft here. MY OP was just about the SEC bias on the networks for years now.
Surprisingly though, at the end of the day, it doesn't even matter.

Apr 29, 2017, 8:11 AM

I only care to the extent that it helps Clemson or hurts Clemson.

The story line on the 2017 season is that the second winningest program over the last 6 years, Clemson, was a one man team and that we will not figure much in the upcoming seasons. But Ohio State will? But FSU will? But Oklahoma will? That sort of figuring is a big name, old school bias and it fuels our program, helps us to play with a chip on our shoulder and so I think works in our favor. Media bias against us helps.

Our players who can play in the league will and they will be paid well for doing so.

The rest of the media hype and celebrity player/celebrity school insanity is just that and I pay it no attenion. Johnny Manzell? Jimmy Claussen? Who was that all world QB from Ohio State? The press is, in general, not very smart. Hillary to win?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The main stream sports media

Apr 29, 2017, 9:40 AM

is like the other main stream media; they will stay with their party line no matter what. I suspect the scouts, GMs, etc., are doing their jobs (good or bad), and the ESPiN is doing its normal job; promoting its SEC brand. And yes they love OH ST and a few others outside the SEC too. If Clemson would have beat the real USC this year, sports media hate would have been off the chart.

TU...Harley, you nailed it buddy!*******

Apr 29, 2017, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Did y'all really think our players would get fair coverage? ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I pay it no attention." Wise words of advice.***

Apr 29, 2017, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Did y'all really think our players would get fair coverage? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. NFL teams try to pick best layers and the media

Apr 29, 2017, 9:50 AM

reports on who they select.

In between picks there is dead time where pundits talk.

Sometimes NFL teams evaluate talent poorly. Sometimes pundits say stupid things. Not sure there is a conspiracy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,808
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic