Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We've had great recruiting classes, but I love how our 2018 class seems
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

We've had great recruiting classes, but I love how our 2018 class seems

Apr 27, 2017, 8:14 AM

To be already connecting before being on campus. Also, love the way they are recruiting together. I know a lot has to do with the ease of social media etc but there just seems to be a lot of electricity around this class. I know we've had that for certain players but this class seems special. Thoughts?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^This^^^^^

Apr 27, 2017, 8:21 AM

Well said + 1.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We've had great recruiting classes, but I love how our 2018 class seems

Apr 27, 2017, 8:23 AM

The 2017 that's just coming in was also super close. They did a great job helping to recruit, particularly think Amari Rodgers worked really hard on tee Higgins and now they plan to room together. They had a very active chat group. I would think that building those early relationships will pay off in helping to solidify their team.
Same will be true for this 2018 group.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed '17 class is special too. I look forward to seeing how

Apr 27, 2017, 8:29 AM

Well these players do considering their bonds before getting started. As a military guy, a good portion of basic is bonding with each other. I just think, and I think that's what you're suggesting too, their will be some intangible benefits in and off the field from this.

Apr 27, 2017, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: We've had great recruiting classes, but I love how our 2018 class seems ]

Amari helped with recruiting XT as well. These guys seem humble for being so talented

Good point. I think they realize they can't win anything alone. And

Apr 27, 2017, 8:36 AM

Know that if they can pull some other talent that they'll win Championships together. It's got to help recruiting immensely to see the players that on fire about a program.

Apr 27, 2017, 8:45 AM

Our coaching staff recruits certain types of young men, not just good football players.

Dabo can see right through to a kids character and knows if they are the Clemson type. You're probably not getting an offer if you're not up to his standards in that department. That's why you rarely if ever hear about our players/recruits getting into the kind of trouble that you see some of these other knuckleheads consistently getting into (tOSU, UGA, FSU, etc...)

That being said I believe this is a big reason why our recruiting classes click so well. They all have that immediate common ground, in that they have the same character, values, and moral fiber. There's no divas or egos, just a shared desire to win more championships for Clemson!

Gotta appreciate CDS for all the little things.

Go Tigers ??

Well said***

Apr 27, 2017, 8:55 AM

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic