Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Simply one of the best. I never listen to this guy enough.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Simply one of the best. I never listen to this guy enough.

Apr 26, 2017, 1:22 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7GJgncybV8

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cover better than the original:

Apr 26, 2017, 1:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fiXkvsKpdk

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry...no.

Apr 26, 2017, 1:26 PM

Any hack in a coffee shop could strum that version.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shut up your pie hole!***

Apr 26, 2017, 2:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Greatest IGs song:

Apr 26, 2017, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Cover better than the original: ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY9-98tkfvg

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably.***

Apr 26, 2017, 2:04 PM

My Indigo Girls story...

Apr 26, 2017, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Greatest IGs song: ]

Back around '89 or '90, I was in Atlanta visiting one of my old Clemson roomies, and we went to see The Jody Grind at The Point in Little Five Points. Fantastic show, and in case you never heard of The Jody Grind, Kelly Hogan was, and still is, an amazing singer and the band covered so much musical territory it was always an adventure to see them (go look 'em up on YouTube!).

After the show, we all pile out on the street and this girl walks up and starts chatting with my pal (who was drummer in numerous never-went-anywhere Atlanta bands) and we all start talking music, and hang out for almost an hour talking with her. Eventually she leaves, and I asked my pal who that was, and he tells me it was Amy Ray from the Indigo Girls. He said that he first met her before they got signed and she was busking on the street around L5P. I knew who the Indigo Girls were, but hadn't really listened to much of their stuff, although, I think around that time they seemed like they had already come and gone as major artists.

I think I saw just about every one of the Cabbagetown bands of that era with my pal...The Jody Grind, The Opal Foxx Quartet, Deacon Lunchbox, Cat Power, since my buddy sort of ran in those circles back then.

Fast forward 25 years and my buddy married, moved to Florida, and is these days a bible-thumping Evangelical and certified NRA instructor. Considering he prided himself on his bong collection back in the day, I'd never have thunk it would turn out this way.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amy Ray opened for Tedeschi Trucks the last time they'll

Apr 26, 2017, 3:31 PM

ever play a place as small as Roanoke's Jefferson Center, back in 2015. She was pretty good; I never paid no nevermind to the Indigo Girls.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amy's great, she's got great musical instincts.

Apr 26, 2017, 3:39 PM

Emily is a bit boring.

Which is why Amy has solo projects and Emily doesn't.***

Apr 26, 2017, 3:47 PM

I've seen Michelle Malone with them.

Apr 26, 2017, 3:51 PM

Amy and Michelle can rock Neil Young covers.

Michelle Malone doesn't come around here much anymore

Apr 26, 2017, 4:01 PM

but when she toured as Michelle Malone and Drag The River, they were a great live band. Saw them a couple of times in Atlanta and in Charlotte back in the day.

'Av you lost your fooking mind?***

Apr 26, 2017, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Cover better than the original: ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Knopfler used the Indigo Girls arrangement it would

Apr 26, 2017, 2:34 PM

be better. His is monotone and boring. I never liked the song until I heard Amy Ray do it.

The book was better than the song

Apr 26, 2017, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Cover better than the original: ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Check his guitar lessons on YouTube. Genius.***

Apr 26, 2017, 2:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic