Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Email the BOT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,471

Email the BOT

Apr 26, 2017, 10:57 AM

I sent an email to the BOT today informing them that I executed a codicil removing the bequest to Clemson from my will because of Richardson's comments. I assume if they get enough people hurting them where it counts, they will change course.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looking for a replacement?***

Apr 26, 2017, 10:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Back off, Jack. I saw him first.***

Apr 26, 2017, 11:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Shirley you can't be serious!

Apr 26, 2017, 11:03 AM

Link to said comments? Have no idea what OP is talking about. The only thing I get from Google is Cordarrian Richardson's decommitment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Shirley you can't be serious!

Apr 26, 2017, 11:07 AM

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9096

Re: Shirley you can't be serious!

Apr 26, 2017, 11:13 AM

Nothing from that site should be taken seriously

So.... you protest Richardson's litmus test on CUSG

Apr 26, 2017, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Shirley you can't be serious! ]

... by making your own litmus test on donations based on the opinions of Clemson University faculty members?

I saw a healthy exchange of ideas between a pretty typical Diversity Consultant and an engaged, articulate student. Her suggested litmus test won't fly. They may make diversity training mandatory for CUSG or even students (which is very typical in real world of corporate America), but the "competency" requirement won't happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Email the BOT

Apr 26, 2017, 11:08 AM

Can we get a link to these comments that isn't from a right wing blog?

From what I can find, it appears that she was speaking extemporaneously when asked a question. It seems like she was presenting list of "these are the things that could theoretically be done to increase multiculturalism in student government."

Any time you're presenting ideas in a group, a lot of the ideas will be unworkable or downright terrible. That's how it works. And it appears the test idea was immediately shot down.

Yet the people who claim to be so against shutting down speech are on this board encouraging others to stop the free flow of ideas.

That's my take as well

Apr 26, 2017, 12:04 PM

People proposing, exploring, critiquing, and examining ideas is one of the *best* things that can happen in higher education.

This idea truly seems like a bad one full of pitfalls, but examining it is how you can rationally come to that conclusion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,471
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic