Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson's Multicultural purity test
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Clemson's Multicultural purity test

Apr 26, 2017, 9:18 AM

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/clemson-u-proposal-all-student-govt-candidates-must-pass-multicultural-purity-test/

I don't know if you saw this article on line but if you have comments please send an email to
President Clements

James P. Clements
President
201 Sikes Hall
864-656-3413
president@clemson.edu

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This stuff is getting out of hand...I blame Clements.***

Apr 26, 2017, 9:37 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson's Multicultural purity test

Apr 26, 2017, 10:41 AM

A copy of the email I just sent to President Clements.

Dear President Clements,

I'm writing to you as a concerned alumni with regards the proposed "intercultural competency" test that students would have to pass before being allowed to run for Student Government.

Without any equivocation I believe the proposed policy smacks of identity politics, fascism, and seeks to exclude those who disagree with certain viewpoints.  I say this as a 1996 graduate with a B.A. in Political Science.  I was born and raised in West Hartford CT, so I know a little bit about American cultural nuances.      

Clemson should be a bastion of free speech, independent thought, and open ideas.  The one culture that should matter at Clemson is American culture.  We're all American's, and we have a common culture.  As Americans we're free to think independently and to think for ourselves.  We're not a totalitarian society that's supposed to be intellectual lock-step on how to best solve the world's problems.  Creative and independent thought has made America GREAT.  College campuses should be incubators of different ideas and viewpoints.    

The only people who need to be afraid of intellectual diversity are those with inferior ideas.  If the idea of multiculturalism at Clemson equates to vetting Student Gov't candidates to make sure they agree with certain viewpoints then clearly Clemson no longer represents intellectual diversity, or honesty for that matter.             

If Clemson wants to be GREAT it needs to a place that's intellectually honest.  For that reason I implore you to revoke this ridiculous test, and any misguided notions that multiculturalism is somehow American.  America is a melting pot of all cultures and ideas, and its a place where the best ones win.  What comes out on the other end is who we are, American.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, I wish you'd posted it here first for proofing.

Apr 26, 2017, 12:03 PM

It's going to a University President. Probably should have removed the apostrophe from "American's" in the third paragraph, and added it back to "its" in the last paragraph.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just curious

Apr 26, 2017, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson's Multicultural purity test ]

"to make sure they agree with certain viewpoints then clearly Clemson no longer represents intellectual diversity"

Exactly which "certain viewpoints" are you referring to? What exactly are they?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2017, 10:46 AM

The President of Clemson better have a lot more important things to do than respond to emails spurred by some nutjob blog.

Talk about an oxymoron:

Apr 26, 2017, 11:09 AM

"Multicultural Purity"

1) it isn't a "clemson u proposal." 2)the proposal isn't

Apr 26, 2017, 11:54 AM

a "purity test." 3)Please stop being a gullible idiot. Learn to read through the entire article. Did the article say what the headline claims? No? Then that means the people who put the article together decided that you're just stupid or gullible enough to fall for their nonsense. Don't let them win.

When you're writing a post, how do you decide

Apr 26, 2017, 12:04 PM

which letters to capitalize? Your style is quite avant garde.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you're writing a post, how do you decide

Apr 26, 2017, 12:29 PM

LOunge this way 8=====> http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1692922&tstart=0

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't make a bet that I wouldn't post in the mange.

Apr 26, 2017, 12:44 PM

Oh wait, it wouldn't have mattered if I did I guess.

Just who, exactly, is the "they" you refer to?

Apr 26, 2017, 12:14 PM [ in reply to 1) it isn't a "clemson u proposal." 2)the proposal isn't ]

hmmmmm?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Apr 26, 2017, 12:16 PM

I'm not politically correct. I voted for President Trump and proud of it. This multicultural test at Clemson is wrong. Clemson was founded in conservative beliefs not this liberal indoctrination.

Apr 26, 2017, 12:25 PM

A scant amount of investigation reveals that this boat has already sailed. Clemson University instituted the Multicultural Diversity effort about a year ago. Numerous other universities have already begun compulsory multicultural program attendance for all newly enrolled students. U.OKla, U. Missouri, Dartmouth to name a few. CU has hired an African-American to head up this program. This director's salary is reported to be $ 100K or more. Whether one agrees or disagrees with this mandatory program (CU Faculty reportedly have already undergone this Multicultural Diversity program), it could be viewed as appeasement to the Black group of students who had 'sit-ins' in the past year. Obviously, this has been a reaction by President Clements and the Clemson Board of Trustees that prompted much discussion as they chose the best response to the demands of the Black student group and its leadership.

Other great headlines from Heat Street

Apr 26, 2017, 12:33 PM

Exactly how gullible are you?

"Woman Sucker Punched by White Nationalist During Berkeley Street Brawl Is a #### Star"

"Married Teacher Mom, 45, Banned from Teaching For Life After Prom Night Threesome..."

"Clemson U Diversity Guidelines: It’s ‘Racist’ To Tell Someone They’re Late"

"Student Satanists Announce Lamb Sacrifice, Bible Burning at Clemson U"

"Posters From Leftist Antifa Group at Clemson University Call for Political Violence"

"Clemson Students Urge Renaming of ‘Racist’ Building, Following Yale’s Lead"

Seems more like an Anti-Clemson website rather than a bastion of conservative thought.

Apr 26, 2017, 12:56 PM

The multicultural centers no is 8646567625.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic