Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What the pundits don't tell you about the NC game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,150

What the pundits don't tell you about the NC game

Apr 25, 2017, 12:54 PM

I have re-watched the NC game quite a few times and the narratives are still there.

"Bama had the best defense of all time."
"Kiffin leaving right before the game hurt the offense."
"Hurts had his worst game of the season."
"Saban won't ever get over this one."

However, there is one narrative that is not being played on repeat and it should:

If the two teams lined up and played again, Clemson would still come out on top.

I honestly believe Clemson was (and still is) the better team. If those two teams line up on a neutral field 10 times, I firmly believe Clemson wins at least 7.

Alabama played the perfect game with the team they had. They did not turn the ball over, they caused multiple turnovers, they executed unbelievably well on special teams and their QB managed the game without giving it away. Heck, they left the best defense of all time a 10 point lead heading into the 4th quarter and just got beat.

I honestly think this is why Bama fans are still so butthurt over this game. They don't know how to react when they play a completely clean game and just get beat by a better team.

So I say it again:

If the two teams lined up and played again, Clemson would still come out on top.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What the pundits don't tell you about the NC game

Apr 25, 2017, 12:56 PM

rally should have beaten them the year before. I think their experience was the difference there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2017, 12:58 PM

We played our best game as well. If they weren't gifted all of those no-call holds we beat them by 2 TDs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plus with two minutes to go they flat could not......

Apr 25, 2017, 1:10 PM

stop us. We owned them on that last drive.

Apr 25, 2017, 1:22 PM

The Alabama offense did not play well in the 2nd half, but when your defense give up 35 points and 500+ yards, it's not the offense's fault. You just got whipped.

They struggled offensively against LSU just a couple games earlier, yet still gave up 0 points on D looking fresh and strong. Then somehow they 'got gassed' against Clemson when their offense struggled?

Yeah, I think it's a lot more likely that our offense was just better than their defense.

They also forget we didn't have Cain or Williams in the>>>

Apr 25, 2017, 1:57 PM

2016 game. Would that have made a difference then????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've watched it many times and have heard no one

Apr 25, 2017, 2:00 PM

say:

"Bama had the best defense of all time."
"Kiffin leaving right before the game hurt the offense."
"Hurts had his worst game of the season."

Who actually said these things?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the pundits

Apr 25, 2017, 2:16 PM

hth

Re: I've watched it many times and have heard no one

Apr 25, 2017, 3:23 PM [ in reply to I've watched it many times and have heard no one ]

You watched the lead up to the game and the game itself and didn't hear anyone say the Bama defense was possibly the best of all time? You must have your TV on mute.

Kiffin was also discussed ad nauseam and how the play calling would differ with him gone. MANY people second guessed Saban's decision after the game to get rid of Kiffin when he did and asked if that cost him the game. Again, if you didn't hear it, your TV was muted.

The "Hurts had his worst game" came from a link that was posted on here a few days ago. Someone on a Bama website revisited the game and came away with the conclusion that he has his worst game of the year in the NC.

I don't know about the last statment, but the first two

Apr 25, 2017, 3:33 PM [ in reply to I've watched it many times and have heard no one ]

were talked about several times by different TV Hosts/Analysts/ESPN etc., leading up to the game.

I suspect you heard it also, but just want to be contrary.

Apr 25, 2017, 2:01 PM

I agree 100%. It's not like that game against ole miss when bama turned it over 5 times and Chad Kelly had they lucky TD throw. Bama played the game just like they wanted to. Clemson was just better. We were better the year before too.

Re: What I remember before the game

Apr 25, 2017, 2:12 PM

We were "in their head" from knowing they got lucky the previous year and we were loose and confident and a really hot team after demolishing the bucknuts.

Apr 25, 2017, 2:17 PM

Agree totally. The other thing they don't talk about is how bama players intentionally tried to injure dw4 and Mike Williams. Makes me so mad every time I watch the replay where that jerk pulls Mike down with Both hands/arms around his neck!
What kind of person would do that? Could kill or paralyze someone?

Apr 25, 2017, 2:21 PM

https://goo.gl/images/gs85nb

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Saban still can't bring himself to admit that we had the better

Apr 25, 2017, 5:30 PM

team this year and probably last year too .
I think DABO and co. are in bama's heads and will beat them again if given the chance .

would you expect him to? I can't seem to remember Dabo

Apr 25, 2017, 3:10 PM

saying that they were unequivocally better than us last year... he just said that we ran out of time.

And Dabo was right.

Apr 25, 2017, 3:36 PM

in 2016 we just ran out of time. That wasn't the case with Bama in 2017. We simply wore their defense down. If we played another quarter it would have been a blowout. They were sucking wind.

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,150
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic