Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jabril Peppers had positive drug test at combine.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Jabril Peppers had positive drug test at combine.

Apr 24, 2017, 2:45 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802075/article/michigan-safety-jabrill-peppers-tested-positive-for-dilute-sample

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"8-10 bottle of water before before he went to bed"

Apr 24, 2017, 3:11 PM

seems reasonable

everyone needs a good 8-10 bottles of water before bed

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "8-10 bottle of water before before he went to bed"

Apr 24, 2017, 3:22 PM

Yeah, reasonable. Doesn't take me but 8 - 10 ounces at supper to stay up and down all night...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do if you are masking something you smoked

Apr 24, 2017, 3:23 PM [ in reply to "8-10 bottle of water before before he went to bed" ]

Not a big secret amongst those that mask

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Environmentalists outraged! Use a cup or glass!***

Apr 24, 2017, 4:01 PM [ in reply to "8-10 bottle of water before before he went to bed" ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "8-10 bottle of water before before he went to bed"

Apr 24, 2017, 10:37 PM [ in reply to "8-10 bottle of water before before he went to bed" ]

Bet he was pi$$ing like a.......

Well.... you can fill in the blank.......

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jabril Peppers had positive drug test at combine.

Apr 24, 2017, 3:19 PM

This actually shocks me. Always came across to me as a standup guy. Not really reflective of the head coach (whom I cannot stand w a passion). Not sure what a dilute substance is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You pretty much need to be on drugs

Apr 24, 2017, 3:23 PM

To play for Michigan or Ohio State!

Apr 24, 2017, 3:26 PM

He didn't test positive for any drugs.

He was literally overhydrated because he wanted to be prepared to give his best performance for the draft. This is extremely common.

Apr 24, 2017, 4:08 PM

All these guys know before hand that a diluted sample counts as a positive and they can't do the right thing still

"Extremely common"?...apparently NFL drug testing...

Apr 24, 2017, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Jabril Peppers had positive drug test at combine. ]

...protocol doesn't agree with that statement. This would not have come out now (weeks after combine) if follow-up testing (which surely occurred before this news was released) didn't concur with the initial analysis. And I can assure you every player present at the combine knows the NFL drug testing rules in great detail before they even arrive. Their future careers and a big payday are on the line.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Apr 24, 2017, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Jabril Peppers had positive drug test at combine. ]

Yeah, I had no idea you could fail a drug test by drinking too much water.

Apr 25, 2017, 10:38 AM

Sadly, you can.

As someone who has experience in these labs (internship), I can tell you that diluted samples are waaay too common as is the lackadaisical way diluted samples are handled.

In order to save money, most labs will write off clear urine as a diluted sample. If it has no color to it (which can be achieved by drinking 2-3 liters of water, which is just barely over the recommended average daily intake for a normal person), most testing labs wont even bother spending the resources to put the sample through the immunoassay or GC/MS tests because the laboratory equipment and process to run a sample is very expensive to operate. If a lab sees a clear colored sample, they will know the client has been drinking excessive amounts of water (common for athletes at this level), and they know it will be difficult to read accurate results because of this and so they mark it as diluted without even testing it.

We've seen multiple athletes get dismissed for "dilution", it is very common. The most logical conclusion is that these players are overhydrating to be prepared, especially when these athletes don't have any prior history of drug use or failed drug tests.

Innocent until proven guilty. IMHO the NFl should do hair test's on athletes whose urine runs as diluted. That would settle the issue.

I like how the go-to response for both Foster and Peppers is

Apr 24, 2017, 4:27 PM

illness. Likely story...

Both Peppers and Reuben Foster Were Dilute Samples

Apr 24, 2017, 4:38 PM

The treatment for dilute samples is different in the NCAA. I'll give these guys the benefit of the doubt that they just screwed up and didn't know that dilute samples were presumed positive in the NFL vs. just having to wait around longer.

http://www.ncaa.org/health-and-safety/policy/frequently-asked-questions-about-drug-testing

Can student-athletes beat a drug test by consuming large amounts of fluids?

No. NCAA drug-testing protocol requires each student-athlete’s urine sample be analyzed onsite prior to sending it to the lab.

If the specimen is too dilute, the student-athlete will be required to remain in the drug testing until an adequate specimen is collected. This could take several hours. A student-athlete who produces multiple diluted samples is subject to follow-up drug tests.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

And what's the relevance of this?...

Apr 24, 2017, 4:42 PM

Just an ESPN overhyped player just because Michigan wasn't that exciting of a team to watch last year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IS he really a lock down corner or just a glorified punt

Apr 24, 2017, 4:47 PM

returner?

I see Espn will discuss him and all they talk about are his abilities outside of playing defense and how 'dynamic' of a play maker he is but isn't his main duty to lock down recievers? I assume he does that pretty well but they frame him more like a offensive guy. Can you really draft a punt returner in the first round if he's an average cornerback?

Re: IS he really a lock down corner or just a glorified punt

Apr 24, 2017, 8:45 PM

If he was a lock down corner, they would have stuck him at corner and LB/NB/S.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic