Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Athletics with new high-speed cameras
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,140

Clemson Athletics with new high-speed cameras

Apr 24, 2017, 9:49 AM

Clemson University, home to the reigning college football champions, is refreshing its fleet of production cameras with AK-HC5000 4X high-speed 1080p camera systems. Already equipped with two HC5000s, the Clemson University Athletics Department will take incremental delivery of additional cameras, all in full studio configuration.

According to Assistant Athletic Director/Video and Technology Rick Bagby, the investment in the HC5000s to cover live sporting events is a linchpin of Clemson’s ramp-up for the debut of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) linear television network in 2019. (When the new ACC Network—a partnership with ESPN-- launches, it will feature 450 exclusive live events, including 40 regular-season football games and more than 150 men's and women's basketball games.)

The fast, high-resolution HC5000, capable of high-speed output up to 1080/239.76p, incorporates new 2/3” 2.2M 3-CMOS sensors with high sensitivity (F11/2000lx), low noise (S/N 60dB+), and resolution measured at 1100 TV lines. The HC5000’s system components include the AK-UCU500 CCU, which provides power up to 6600 feet over standard SMPTE fiber along with IP streaming video feature; the AK-HRP1000 Remote Operation Panel, featuring PoE+ power and PTZ camera control capabilities; and AK-HVF100 9-inch, Full-HD LCD viewfinder. Each of Clemson’s HC5000s will be fully configured with these components.

“When I tested out the HC5000 on campus after NAB2016, I did not have high expectations for the 240fps capability, but I have to say, it’s fantastic,” said Bagby. “Set-up is extremely easy—it looks great and it works great.”

“The other outstanding asset is the camera’s ability to send/receive audio, which really facilitates live interviews,” he added.

Until the ACC Network launch, Bagby will continue to produce live sports coverage for digital channel ACC Network Extra with the HC5000s. The cameras are available to cover events in eight campus athletic facilities. Bagby shoots 1080p, and live video is transmitted back to a central production studio via single mode fiber.

Clemson Athletics also has a VariCam HS (high-speed) camera/recorder that is utilized for “non-live” field production.

For more information about Clemson Athletics, visit www.clemsontigers.com.

About the AK-HC5000 High-Speed Camera System
The AK-HC5000, capable of high-speed output up 1080/239.76p, incorporates new 2/3” 2.2M 3-CMOS sensors with high sensitivity (F11/2000lx), low noise (S/N 60dB+), and resolution measured at 1100 TV lines. Features encompass Advanced Focus Assist Functions, shockless Gain (-3~36dB), a User Gamma setting, Black Gamma Correction tracking pedestal, multi-step Digital Noise Reduction (DNR), reduced skew and, Dynamic Range Stretch (DRS) and Chromatic Aberration Compensation (CAC).

For additional Panasonic NAB news, visit us.panasonic.com/NAB2017. For more information about Panasonic professional video products, visit www.panasonic.com/broadcast or contact Panasonic at 877-803-8492.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Athletics with new high-speed cameras

Apr 24, 2017, 9:52 AM

Are we being compensated by the ACC for these? Otherwise why do we care what their production values are until the "network" gets going

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

people that complain about Clemson game broadcasts

Apr 24, 2017, 10:06 AM

should take some time to check out other school's feeds. You'll have a new appreciation.

Was trying to watch the Louisville baseball game one day this weekend. Absolute crap, fuzzy, out of focus, amateur. The UNC-Pitt game I watched spent more time buffering than it did actual gametime. SCAR home games I have watched in the past constantly jump back and forth from clear, HD quality to fuzzy, which is frustrating to watch. Even the birds on FGF bitterly complain about their quality.

Our folks do a great, great job.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,140
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic