Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NFL Combine QB Wonderlic scores finally leaked out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

NFL Combine QB Wonderlic scores finally leaked out

Apr 24, 2017, 8:02 AM

Watson got a 20 which was the lowest of the notable QBs. It's not horrible, but I was hoping he would have scored at least in the mid 20's so there wouldn't be one other thing for folks to nitpick him about. Wonderlic has always been a poor gauge for a QBs success anyway, but it is interesting to see how it compares to other QBs none the less.

I also thought it was interesting that best QBs from the 2014 draft, who both happened to slide a bit in the draft scored exactly the same as Watson: D. Carr and T. Bridgewater. Cam scored a 21 and Marino scored a 15. The lowest QB score anyone has ever gotten I believe was V. Young's score of 6.

https://twitter.com/NFLDraftInsider/status/856283580179337216

https://twitter.com/chadp71/status/856287063548846080

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What the hell is Wonderlic?

Apr 24, 2017, 8:10 AM

And how does it help you win football games?

Snowflake Basher........Out

It is the NFL's GRE type test***

Apr 24, 2017, 8:15 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you sure it's not a type of candy that the talking heads are addicted to?

Apr 24, 2017, 8:24 AM

Sounds like another silly metric.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: What the hell is Wonderlic?

Apr 24, 2017, 8:27 AM [ in reply to What the hell is Wonderlic? ]

IDK but he scored out about same as Cam Newton and Teddy Bridgewater-who was doing great before being injured. Kaaya-no offense to the young man but I don't see the pull

BTW look how well Kapernick scored. and Ryan Fitzpatrick at 48 - guess DeShaun is Doomed .Pretty invaluable piece of info--geez!

Message was edited by: Watcher®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Out of Curosity I took it on line...

Apr 24, 2017, 8:42 AM [ in reply to What the hell is Wonderlic? ]

and made a 28, without calculator(which they aren't allowed) or pencil and paper(which they are). With a pencil and paper I probably would have gone low thirties. The questions are not hard, mostly English and math; elementary, middle school, high school, and first level college type, but some of the math is complicated enough to allow multiple equations(hence pencil and paper). The main problem is the limited time and a RUNNING CLOCK counting down on the top of the page which seems to draw your attention, especially later in the test and lead to the "I have only done X-number of questions and I have only have X-amount of time left" nerves. Certainly nowhere near as hard as an ACT or SAT on the knowledge level, I think it is more of a test of how you deal with the pressure of that running clock.

I scored an 8 on that test.

Apr 24, 2017, 8:32 AM

Clearly it's not an accurate gauge of future success as I am easily operating at a higher level than most folks who scored a 10.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I scored an 8 on that test.

Apr 24, 2017, 8:59 AM

I made a 27 on it , and I barely finished high school . It's not really about aptitude so much as it is about solving on the fly .

DW4 is going to have a good NFL career , wonderlic shcmonderlic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: NFL Combine QB Wonderlic scores finally leaked out

Apr 24, 2017, 8:36 AM

Another useless test the combine still uses. Give me a guy who knows how to win football games than a guy who can round 754.465732 to the nearest hundredth

Bet I could beat the best scale shown of 48!

Apr 24, 2017, 8:40 AM

I'm ready, Where's the basketball? ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2017, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: NFL Combine QB Wonderlic scores finally leaked out ]

Soooo what's the answer?

Doesn't he have a high GPA and graduated

Apr 24, 2017, 8:42 AM

In 3 yrs?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lots of notable QBs have scored 18-22 range (smart guys too)

Apr 24, 2017, 9:00 AM

Trent Dilfer
Mark Brunell
Tim Tebow
Bret Favre
AJ McCarron
Cam Newton
Teddy Bridgewater
Derek Carr
Mike Vick
Daunte Culpepper
Paxton Lynch

So DW4's score should not be a red flag at all IMO. Here's some notable QBs that have scored below 18:

Vinny Testaverde (17)
Terry Bradshaw (16)
Heath Shuler (16)
Dan Marino (15)
Randall Cunningham (15)
Jim Kelly (15)
Steve McNair (15)
David Garrard (14)
Donovan McNabb (14)
Jeff George (10)
Vince Young (6)

Apr 24, 2017, 9:05 AM

I took a mock Wonederlic and scored like a 28 and am a Clemson graduate. He'll survive. It literally proves next to nothing as it relates to football.

For some reason Clemson guys haven't done great on it.

Apr 24, 2017, 9:13 AM

However, the sample size is still pretty small based on the info known. As far as leaked Wonderlic scores of Clemson guys through recent history, here's the list:

C. Whitehurst (33) - the highest I've seen
D. Watson (20)
W. Dantlzer (17)
M. Bryant (14)
CJ Spiller (10)

Derek Carr is great, so I guess 20 is okay.*****

Apr 24, 2017, 9:15 AM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive