Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CU will win 2017 season football championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

CU will win 2017 season football championship

Apr 23, 2017, 4:08 PM

The defense is as good or better than the 2015 or 2016 teams. DB and LB groups will be nasty.

WRU will allow short pass / long threat to burn clock and stop stacked box with any of our five QB's

We have great running backs including QB's.

Our punting will be better and the special teams will be the best in years.

Hurts averaged 63% completion rate in 2016, but only 42% against CU. OSU had no answers for our Defense. We will handle FSU And LU QB's better than last year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our only problem and biggest roadblock,

Apr 23, 2017, 4:18 PM

Muschump declared "game on"!
??

#Neveragain, game on.........***

Apr 23, 2017, 8:12 PM

Re: CU will win 2017 season football championship

Apr 23, 2017, 4:22 PM

All that sounds good on paper but actually putting it in action is another story. Also need a little luck along the way and few balls to bounce our way. It's not the easiest thing to do what we've done. If it was everyone would be doing it

Apr 23, 2017, 7:45 PM

Someone does it every year , so it is virtually like everyone is doing it .
With many exceptions , of course.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 23, 2017, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Re: CU will win 2017 season football championship ]

Someone does it every year , so it is virtually like everyone is doing it .
With many exceptions , of course.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 23, 2017, 4:27 PM

Is this a promise?

Apr 23, 2017, 4:36 PM

The D will be good but lack of experience on O could bite us. I do think a CFP appearance in 2018 and 2019 is very possible.

Apr 23, 2017, 4:54 PM

Thanks, my crystal ball is only good for 365 days. What will out O line and special teams look like in '18 and '19?

Apr 23, 2017, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: CU will win 2017 season football championship ]

The playoffs are expected every year if you are an elite program. We are an elite program .

Apr 23, 2017, 7:33 PM

So 10-2 with a New Years Six Bowl is a letdown now?

Apr 23, 2017, 7:37 PM

Yes!

Apr 23, 2017, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Re: CU will win 2017 season football championship ]

We have to learn to think like Alabama fans. The Bowden loser mentality has to go.

Apr 24, 2017, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Re: CU will win 2017 season football championship ]

Finally, a post by you I like

Apr 23, 2017, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: CU will win 2017 season football championship ]

I've decided to be a football politician; so, I promise "YES"

You forgot one of the most important ingredients:

Apr 23, 2017, 4:43 PM

Lady Luck

Apr 23, 2017, 5:39 PM

I see us winning 2 more by the year of 2021.

Apr 23, 2017, 7:11 PM

I'm with you buddy - let's win it!

I always tell my non-football members of my family how hard it is to win a championship in any sport at any level. Some just don't get it.

I will cherish this Natty and pray for another.

Yep***

Apr 23, 2017, 7:14 PM

Apr 23, 2017, 7:27 PM

I could see the possibility IF one of two things happens on offense. Either our offense looks very different (think run first) and is very efficient at moving the chains, scoring and eating clock, OR the offense looks a whole lot like DW4 never left. The latter would happen only if HJ wins the job, IMHO.

The D will thrive as long as the O doesn't have a lot of 3-and-outs and doesn't turn it over a lot. We could get there with either style of offense, but we'll have to be very good on O either way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Apr 23, 2017, 7:32 PM

One disagreement on point one! Hunter Johnson,Zerrick Cooper, David Brice.and next year Trevor Lawrence are all capable of running the DW4 offense. One of them will be starting next year. Would you change for one qb the entire offense when the three others run something different? No way! Kelly has to get be able to pass the ball or face losing the starting job.

Apr 23, 2017, 7:39 PM

You don't disagree at all. You just agreed. I said HJ would be the QB if the offense looks the same.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Apr 23, 2017, 7:47 PM

I hope you are right. The upsides on Johnson are so much better than Bryant. I've seen film on Johnson. He's got the arm needed and the elusiveness to run. Cooper can throw that football. I'm not bashing Bryant but he must be able to hit Cain and Higgins downfield accurately. A one dimensional qb running game will be figured out by defensive coordinators.

Apr 23, 2017, 7:41 PM

Since you have us winning it all ,no reason to watch any of the games.
Actually ,I prefer Dabo's approach of one game at a time,and let the season play out.I really don't care for armchair quarterback's analysis for some one who is going by what happened in 2015-2016.

Apr 23, 2017, 7:45 PM

We'd have to break records like Bama as far as scoring defense to reproduce what they did. It's no small feat, and it isn't that commen.

A lot of people like to compare this years team to Bama last year, before the first snap....I think people are getting way ahead of themselves. Nothing wrong with holding on to hope, so long as these people don't lose their mind if we go 9-3.

Apr 23, 2017, 8:28 PM

I was a clemson fan in the late '60 when Frank was losing big just as much as being a fan in the Ford and now Dabo years, but I always expect us to go undefeated until we lose.

I never get mad at the team though. I played football and on the field, you are in herd of rushing men and time flys. It's almost always who's in the best shape with the most talent. (Just saying the obvious)

TNET will explode when we lose one - count on it...***

Apr 23, 2017, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Re: CU will win 2017 season football championship ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2017, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Re: CU will win 2017 season football championship ]

Making the playoffs are the expectations. Not getting at least 10 wins and a New Years 6 bowl game would constitute a bad season. The natty has raised standards at Clemson.

I think CU will have a football championship caliber team

Apr 23, 2017, 8:17 PM

I fear a handful of other schools will as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2017, 8:21 PM

That would be lovely! My hopes don't reach quite as high, though. With this being a "rebuilding" year, having a new QB, different starting RB, TE, and center, I will be ecstatic if they make it to a New Year's Six game. I agree, though, that the defense will definitely be dominate.

I hope you are right and I am wrong. Even if it's the reverse, it will still be a hugely successful year for us.

Apr 23, 2017, 8:28 PM

What did Alabama have starting out last season? A strong defense! A decent special teams! A good offensive line! Veteran running backs! A young inexperienced qb! That sure sounds like us this season. We have better WRs than Alabama. We have three really tough games with two of them at home. There is no reason we should not whip the other nine teams. The playoffs are definitely a goal. Think like Alabama fans . We are an elite program.

Apr 23, 2017, 8:34 PM

Yep!

Weeks ago I called CU vs Alabama in playoff

Apr 23, 2017, 10:34 PM

Weeks ago I called CU vs Alabama in playoff with Ohio St. vs either Washington or the real USC. Assuming we are in Sugar Bowl vs Bama, it will be very close like last time. I say we squeak by again somehow and take on the hairless nuts in the NC in Atlanta. I say we repeat with a last minute pick to save game or FG to win. We have Urban's number.

Re: Weeks ago I called CU vs Alabama in playoff

Apr 24, 2017, 1:45 PM

Sounds good to me! Great forecast....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Weeks ago I called CU vs Alabama in playoff

Apr 24, 2017, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Weeks ago I called CU vs Alabama in playoff ]

That's the way fans should feel about Clemson football.

We should check with ESPN first

Apr 24, 2017, 1:51 PM

they are the most trusted place in sports, amirite?

We might have trouble with Pitt, but I don't see

Apr 24, 2017, 2:22 PM

anyjuan else stopping us. hth.

Deus Vult!

Apr 24, 2017, 5:30 PM

NM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic