Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We now see why CBB is so "comfortable"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,498

We now see why CBB is so "comfortable"

Mar 28, 2017, 11:53 PM

What winning coach would come to Clemson to coach basketball if they heard DRad's presser? DRad made it pretty clear that making the NCAA tournament isn't a high priority to him. Since this is the case, Brad's the perfect man for the job.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We now see why CBB is so "comfortable"

Mar 28, 2017, 11:59 PM

Yep, just recruit smart young men that can play a little BB, and of need of scholarship help to get through college.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2017, 7:01 AM

I'd be comfortable too if I knew that all I had to do to keep a high paying coaching job was recruit good people who graduate in four years. A few basketball skills would help but that's optional. I understand why we can't hire a first rate coach like Marshall or Martin. Like Dabo in football or Lee in baseball, that coach values winning championships over anything else . He's not looking for choir boys; he's looking for basketball players. Graduation rates are great but making the tournament is better. Drad you better keep Brownell because no real coach would accept your standards. The basketball program at Clemson is nothing more than a Boy Scout organization.

Mar 29, 2017, 7:42 AM

Graduating from CLEMSON is something you know nothing about Michael!

PLEASE RETIRE FROM TN

Mar 29, 2017, 7:44 AM

please refer to michael by his real handle, the coward coachmac.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2017, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Re: We now see why CBB is so "comfortable" ]

1980 graduate!

Mar 29, 2017, 7:47 AM

rotflmfao at that lie.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2017, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: We now see why CBB is so "comfortable" ]

There is nothing wrong with high graduation rates. Remember many years ago when many of us complained about Barkers obsession with magazine rankings over athletic success. That changed with an athletic oriented BOTs and an athletic minded President. 2016 National champions! Better than a magazine ranking! Winning titles in any sport matters. Making the NCAAs matters.

Mar 29, 2017, 6:14 AM

Since making the tournament isn't a high priority,I wonder how long it will take till we start seeing empty seats in that new high priority arena they just rebuilt.
Forget for a moment season ticket sales,but at 30 dollars a pop for a general admission ticket in the upper arena +15 dollars for 2 soggy hot dogs,and 2 bottles of lukewarm water certainly will keep me away.

Mar 29, 2017, 6:47 AM

That will get Drads attention.

I don't think he believes that at all....we don't know what

Mar 29, 2017, 8:03 AM

was said behind doors...obviously he was given some type of improve or you're out because he wasn't given an extension on his contract.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think he believes that at all....we don't know what

Mar 29, 2017, 8:09 AM

Why did Drad say it then? Recruits and rival coaches can see through the spin. No extension means no confidence in the coach.

Re: I don't think he believes that at all....we don't know what

Mar 29, 2017, 8:09 AM [ in reply to I don't think he believes that at all....we don't know what ]

Why did Drad say it then? Recruits and rival coaches can see through the spin. No extension means no confidence in the coach.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,498
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic